Davos: New Record

Old January 15th 05, 09:18 AM
Simon Brown

Default Davos: New Record

The least snow at 2,500m since records began in 1969 :-(

--
Simon Brown
www.hb9drv.ch

Old January 15th 05, 12:17 PM
Joe Hunt

"Simon Brown" wrote in message

The least snow at 2,500m since records began in 1969 :-(
--
Simon Brown
www.hb9drv.ch

Do not worry, from late Monday onwards we are looking at a substantial
amount of snow arriving to all parts of the Alps as the Azores high is
displaced W allowing the jet stream to dig S. It'll turn mighty chilly
too.

Joe

Old January 15th 05, 01:01 PM
Steve Haigh

Joe Hunt wrote:

"Simon Brown" wrote in message

The least snow at 2,500m since records began in 1969 :-(
--
Simon Brown
www.hb9drv.ch

Do not worry, from late Monday onwards we are looking at a substantial
amount of snow arriving to all parts of the Alps as the Azores high is
displaced W allowing the jet stream to dig S. It'll turn mighty chilly
too.

I've no idea what you're on about, I just hope you're right about the
end result. http://www.weather.co.uk doesn't seem to think there's any
snow due for at least a week.

And guess who's just booked a trip to Davos? Bugger.
Old January 15th 05, 01:02 PM
Simon Brown

Look at http://www.tagesanzeiger.ch/portal/wetter/php/index.php - looks like
there's snow on the way.
--
Simon Brown
www.hb9drv.ch

Old January 15th 05, 06:38 PM
Sue

In message , Joe Hunt
writes

"Simon Brown" wrote in message

The least snow at 2,500m since records began in 1969 :-(

Do not worry, from late Monday onwards we are looking at a substantial
amount of snow arriving to all parts of the Alps as the Azores high is
displaced W allowing the jet stream to dig S. It'll turn mighty chilly
too.

There's a promising loop in the jetstream in mid-Atlantic now, but it'll
get less pronounced as it moves towards the tail of the jetstream (which
is currently a spiral with its head over the Sahara and its tail over
western Siberia).

I'm not surprised forecasts vary:

http://squall.sfsu.edu/crws/jetstream.html#Forecast

--
Sue ]
Old January 16th 05, 10:24 AM
Steve Haigh

Simon Brown wrote:
Look at http://www.tagesanzeiger.ch/portal/wetter/php/index.php - looks like
there's snow on the way.

and http://uk.weather.com/outlook/recrea.../tenday/333006
have changed their outlook too. That's cheered me up on a miserable
Sunday morning in the UK.
Old January 16th 05, 11:16 PM
AH

weather.co.uk (and weather.com) could quite possibly be *the worst* weather
forecasters in the world.. I honestly think all they do it find out what the
current temperature is and then deviate that by a few degrees for the coming
days..

In my experience, they are 100% incorrect after the next days forecast..