OT in some locations: New skis

Old October 2nd 09, 01:16 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Eugene Miya

Default Thread Hijack: Skiing in Chile

In article o.uk,
The Older Gentleman wrote:
My wife and I are moving out there :-)

Send email.

A former co-worker now working at Google is formerly a Chilean national, and
she can give you info. I think she also does have a yahoo account.

--

Looking for an H-912 (container).

Old October 2nd 09, 06:18 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
The Older Gentleman[_2_]

Eugene Miya wrote:

In article o.uk,
The Older Gentleman wrote:
My wife and I are moving out there :-)

Send email.

A former co-worker now working at Google is formerly a Chilean national, and
she can give you info. I think she also does have a yahoo account.

I'm OK, ta. Got quite a few friends out there.

--
BMW K1100LT & K100RS Ducati 750SS Honda CB400F Triumph Street Triple
Suzuki TS250ER Damn, back to six bikes!
Old November 16th 09, 02:14 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe

Default OT in some locations: New skis

Jérémy wrote:
(x-posted to ukrm in case no-one uses the ski groups any longer)

With great sadness I think I'm going to have to give up my old X-Screams.
The bases remain as indestructible as ever, but the gimmicky shock
absorbers on top are leaking some horrible sticky black substance.

I have taken no notice of current ski trends for several years, and I
have no idea what is on offer these days, so I'm looking for suggestions
to narrow the field.

I am 179cm and weigh 76kg.

Lol, this is scary! I almost thought I wrote this and forgot I did.
Same problem here, same goo. Terrible stuff it is, like tar.
Put your skis on your shoulder and your clothing is ruined.

Reading it with interest. I see I have to drop 3 kg to match up

jorg
Old November 22nd 09, 11:19 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe

Ollie Clark wrote:
wrote:
Jérémy wrote:
(x-posted to ukrm in case no-one uses the ski groups any longer)

With great sadness I think I'm going to have to give up my old X-Screams.
The bases remain as indestructible as ever, but the gimmicky shock
absorbers on top are leaking some horrible sticky black substance.

I have taken no notice of current ski trends for several years, and I
have no idea what is on offer these days, so I'm looking for suggestions
to narrow the field.

I am 179cm and weigh 76kg.

Lol, this is scary! I almost thought I wrote this and forgot I did.
Same problem here, same goo. Terrible stuff it is, like tar.
Put your skis on your shoulder and your clothing is ruined.

Erk, hope the same thing doesn't happen with my Scream 10 Pilots. Had
them over ten years now and they're still better than anything else I've
tried since. They're meant to be a piste ski but they even work (for me)
in deep powder. Much better than the B2s I hired a while back specially
for off piste. :-/

Reading it with interest. I see I have to drop 3 kg to match up

I'll need to eat 6 kilos of burgers. And grow a few centimetres. :-)

Cheers,

Ollie

Then for sure you need new skis

I've been looking into the current XWing programme for replacement. But
as soon as I figured out which might make sense to test, Salomon changes
all the names again...
Was looking into some XWing Typhoons - I see them in the shop, but
already no more on the Salomon website....
Will wait for the first ski week to test anyway, of course.. (countdown
4 weeks..)