Guess the scam

Old December 21st 08, 10:04 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Ace[_3_]

Default Guess the scam

On Sun, 21 Dec 2008 21:46:16 +0000, Colin Irvine
wrote:

On Sun, 21 Dec 2008 21:27:07 +0100, Ace squeezed out the following:

On Sun, 21 Dec 2008 19:21:52 +0000,
(The Older Gentleman) wrote:

Erk. One of the penalties of going early in the season when there's
loadsa snow...

s'been great here in Engelberg, although we lost a day last Sunday
with a sudden vicious foehn wind. Temps went up by about 10 deg and
the wind kept the lifts shut all day. It felt like it would kill all
the snow, as everything at village level (1000m) was melted.

It's really frustrating, isn't it, especially when you know exactly
how good the skiing can be when the conditions are good.

TBH we don't really find it frustrating at all. We've always got stuff
to do - house stuff, you know - so if it's not looking good for skiing
we can just get on with something else.

But that aside, we've had three absolutely superb powder days so far
this season, and the pistes, when we actually use them, have been in
excellent condition for a month now.

So I'm not complaining.
Old December 21st 08, 11:04 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Colin Irvine[_4_]

On Sun, 21 Dec 2008 23:04:22 +0100, Ace squeezed out the following:

(The Older Gentleman) wrote:

Erk. One of the penalties of going early in the season when there's
loadsa snow...

s'been great here in Engelberg, although we lost a day last Sunday
with a sudden vicious foehn wind. Temps went up by about 10 deg and
the wind kept the lifts shut all day. It felt like it would kill all
the snow, as everything at village level (1000m) was melted.

It's really frustrating, isn't it, especially when you know exactly
how good the skiing can be when the conditions are good.

TBH we don't really find it frustrating at all. We've always got stuff
to do - house stuff, you know - so if it's not looking good for skiing
we can just get on with something else.

Well I have to admit that when the weather closed in on Thursday we
settled for an hour-and-a-half lunch instead. Skiing back down
afterwards full of red wine, spaghetti alle vongole and grappa was,
er..., interesting!

--
Colin Irvine
ZZR1400 BOF#33 BONY#34 COFF#06 BHaLC#5