Your advice on skis

Old July 17th 03, 02:20 AM
Jibbed

Default Your advice on skis

Hi,
I've never been skiing in my life so have zero knowledge on the subject and
would like your advice on selling if that's possible.

A friend of mine has given me the following (the makes and models are a bit
sketchy I think):

1 pair Nordica NM 530 Boots
1 pair Dynastar Sport 66 Skis
1 pair Salomon SX60 Boots
1 pair Look B638 Ski poles
1 pair Dynstar (Vallees?) Skis
1 pair Rossignol (Aosta Sport?) skis

I've got all of that information from the items themselves so I'm not sure
if the models are exactly accurate or if they're just random statements but
that's defiantely what it says on them.

I have no idea if they're any good or what would even make them good (i.e.
length, weight, make etc.)

I have measured the Dynastar skis and they are 160cm in length. Is that good
or or bad? I can't find any size information on any of the boots either and
they don't look to be adjustable to fit. Is this normal? Or is it the skis
that would normally adjust?

I'm hoping to sell them on eBay or in the local newspaper and just wondered
if any of you had any idea on a value.

BTW, everything has been used once (i.e one ski trip) or twice so I'm told,
so I'm sure that will take the price down a fair bit.

If anyone would be kind enough to tell me more about the items that would be
very much appreciated. It really would .

Best regards,
Jon

Old July 17th 03, 06:10 PM
Richard Walsh

"Jibbed" wrote in
:

--

Hi Jon,
I replied to this post on rsa (rec skiing alpine)

Old July 17th 03, 06:30 PM
lal_truckee

Jibbed wrote:
[...]

I don't recognize many of those items. The Salomon SX60 boots were
terrible boots when new, and are flower pots now. Plant some geraniums
in them. Old Nordica boots had bad plastic, and regularly broke - newer
Nordicas are OK.

However, the poles are usable - make them the base of your ski
equipment, and buy new gear color coordinated to the poles. (That latter
part is a joke - the part about old poles being usable is true - Alu
poles are good until they break.)

If you sell this stuff on ebay or such, you're basically taking
advantage of fools. If you sell them at a garage sell at least people
can see what they're getting.

Unrequested advice: If you intend to learn to ski: Rent until you've
been out 10-15 days. Buy good boots first, from a speciality shop.

Old July 18th 03, 12:45 PM
The Real Bev

Jibbed wrote:

Cheers for the advice. The bin awaits them.

Yeah, might garage sale them. It's all 100% profit because the friend off
loaded them on to me so I'm not too bothered how much they go for.

1 pair Nordica NM 530 Boots
1 pair Dynastar Sport 66 Skis
1 pair Salomon SX60 Boots
1 pair Look B638 Ski poles
1 pair Dynstar (Vallees?) Skis
1 pair Rossignol (Aosta Sport?) skis

Could you make a toddler-size Adirondack chair out of 6 skis?

--
Cheers, Bev
"Don't sweat it -- it's not real life. It's only ones and zeroes."