Salt Lake City resort advice

Old February 6th 05, 06:03 PM
Ben 78734 Ben 78734 is offline
Junior Member

Question Seeking Salt Lake City resort advice

We will be skiing in the SLC area in mid February and I would appreciate some feedback on the resorts there. I know all about Alta because that's where I was introduced to skiing. I have never been to Snowbird, Solitude, or Brighton.

My wife needs a bunny slope or a super easy green, preferably one that is served by some kind of chair lift. A day of using rope tows can make your arms really sore. She also is interested in giving X-country skiing a try.

I could probably have fun at any resort in the area, last year we skied at Angelfire, NM and I was enjoying some of that resort's easier blue trails at the end of the trip.

Can you access the Park City resorts from SLC by public transportation?

Thanks

Last edited by Ben 78734 : February 6th 05 at 08:56 PM.
Old February 10th 05, 02:28 AM

Hi Ben

We go to Brighton every year and love it. Easy long greens and great blues
.... Brighton is the answer. There is a ski bus that takes you to the
cottonwood canyon resorts (Brighton included) Check out www.skiutah.com for
more info on resorts and the ski bus.

Have fun

Deven

--
Ben 78734

Old February 17th 05, 11:29 AM
Paul Healy

Brighton or Solitude fit the bill. Solitude has a nordic cross country ski
area. Both are adjacent and on the same lift ticket if you buy the SolBright
pass. Park City may not be accessible without going back into SLC and
changing busses. Rent a car for sure.

Old February 21st 05, 05:33 PM
Helmut

Hi,

there no public transport between SLC and Park City. I stayed at Park
City in January and we did a day off from skiing. We wanted to do
some sightseeing in SLC, but the only way would have been to rent a car.

There are many excellent areas near SLC , but you need a car to ski in
more than one place. Try to get the Utah ski pass, because you can use
it at all places.

Much snow and nice skiiing
Helmut

p.s.: Don#t use address for direct answers, it is the trash.

Old February 21st 05, 07:45 PM
Terry Morse

Helmut wrote:

there no public transport between SLC and Park City. I stayed at Park
City in January and we did a day off from skiing. We wanted to do
some sightseeing in SLC, but the only way would have been to rent a car.

There are several private shuttle services beetween Park City and
Salt Lake. Some are listed he

http://www.skiutah.com/travel/transportation.ski

Using the service every day of a trip would get pricey, but it's
good for a single day.
--
terry morse Palo Alto, CA http://ski.terrymorse.com/
Old March 2nd 05, 02:56 AM
Ben 78734 Ben 78734 is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben 78734
We will be skiing in the SLC area in mid February and I would appreciate some feedback on the resorts there. I know all about Alta because that's where I was introduced to skiing. I have never been to Snowbird, Solitude, or Brighton.

My wife needs a bunny slope or a super easy green, preferably one that is served by some kind of chair lift. A day of using rope tows can make your arms really sore. She also is interested in giving X-country skiing a try.

I could probably have fun at any resort in the area, last year we skied at Angelfire, NM and I was enjoying some of that resort's easier blue trails at the end of the trip.

Can you access the Park City resorts from SLC by public transportation?

Thanks

Thanks to all. We ended up skiing at Solitude and Brighton. I really enjoyed Brighton, this resort really does seem to have something for everybody and the scenery from the top of the Great Western and Snake Creek lifts had me going back to the locker to get my camera.
My wife absolutely fell in love with Solitude's XC trails
Next year, I will try to avoid scheduling my ski trip on the President's Day weekend however, oh well, live and learn.