ski recommendation

Old February 28th 11, 01:07 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
downhill

Default ski recommendation

Looking for a short light skis possible twin tips
any suggestion
Also recommendations for light binding

My race skis do not work with taking my 5 year old on the bunny slopes
and magic carpet and helping to teach him. It just freaks me out when
one of the kids in the class just ski over my skis
He is making more turns and and when he straight lines to the bottom he
can stop with crashing into people
Old February 28th 11, 01:09 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
VtSkier

On 02/27/2011 09:07 PM, downhill wrote:
Looking for a short light skis possible twin tips

Actually this is a good time to get
something pretty good. It's not such
a good time to get something REALLY
cheap. The fall ski swaps are the
time for that.

It's getting late in the season. See what ski
shops have for use demos if you want something
really quite good.

I have a pair of skis which would meet your
criteria except for the twin tips that I got
at a yard sale last summer for $35. They
work great for early and late season.

Check out lost and found. Believe it or not
people will leave skis on the rack when they
go home. Sometimes they will totally forget
about them. If they have been in lost and
found for a good amount of time they can be
viewed and "claimed".

At K, the mountain donates left over L & F
stuff to the ski club for the annual ski
sale (Columbus day weekend). I got a pair of
K2 Big Kahuna's there for $25 which I sent
to my son in law out west for my use when I
go and his if he wants.

any suggestion
Also recommendations for light binding

Whatever is on the skis. Rental bindings
are usually light. Regular rental skis would
probably be the best for your stated purpose
anyway.

My race skis do not work with taking my 5 year old on the bunny slopes
and magic carpet and helping to teach him. It just freaks me out when
one of the kids in the class just ski over my skis

Suck it up. You ski on the bottoms, the tops
are just for looks.

He is making more turns and and when he straight lines to the bottom he
can stop with crashing into people

He's gaining. In a few years he'll beat you to
the bottom.
Old February 28th 11, 03:11 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
lal_truckee

On 2/27/11 6:07 PM, downhill wrote:

It just freaks me out when
one of the kids in the class just ski over my skis

Perhaps it is time to highlight one of the truisms from the Real Skier
versus Expert Skier collection; some may have forgotten:

Expert Skier: Gets real ****ed off when someone skis over the tops of
his skis.

Real Skier: Paints his skis flat black so no one will steal them,
worries about the bottoms of his skis... not the tops.
Old February 28th 11, 03:25 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

On Feb 28, 8:11*am, lal_truckee wrote:
On 2/27/11 6:07 PM, downhill wrote:

It just freaks me out when
one of the kids in the class just ski over my skis

Perhaps it is time to highlight one of the truisms from the Real Skier
versus Expert Skier collection; some may have forgotten:

Expert Skier: Gets real ****ed off when someone skis over the tops of
his skis.

Real Skier: Paints his skis flat black so no one will steal them,
worries about the bottoms of his skis... not the tops.

Perhaps it is time to highlight one of those truisms from the Real
Pussy versus Expert Pussy collection this pussy never learned:

Expert pussy: brags about what a Real Skier he is while hiding in
anonymity and expressing his desire to see me dead.
Real pussy: brags about what a Real Skier he is while hiding in
anonymity and expressing his desire to see me dead.

Congratulations, Anonymous Lloyd!!!! You qualify as both an Expert
Pussy and a Real Pussy!
Old February 28th 11, 04:43 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Mon, 28 Feb 2011 08:11:46 -0800, lal_truckee
wrote this crap:

On 2/27/11 6:07 PM, downhill wrote:

It just freaks me out when
one of the kids in the class just ski over my skis

Perhaps it is time to highlight one of the truisms from the Real Skier
versus Expert Skier collection; some may have forgotten:

Expert Skier: Gets real ****ed off when someone skis over the tops of
his skis.

Real Skier: Paints his skis flat black so no one will steal them,
worries about the bottoms of his skis... not the tops.

Real skier: uses a lock

Real skier: Waxes his skies AFTER skiing. Real skiers know that the
wax is rubbed off after the first run.

Vote for Palin-Brown in 2012. Repeal the nightmares.

This signature is now the ultimate
power in the universe
Old February 28th 11, 05:08 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
downhill

lal_truckee wrote:
On 2/27/11 6:07 PM, downhill wrote:

It just freaks me out when
one of the kids in the class just ski over my skis

Perhaps it is time to highlight one of the truisms from the Real Skier
versus Expert Skier collection; some may have forgotten:

Expert Skier: Gets real ****ed off when someone skis over the tops of
his skis.

Real Skier: Paints his skis flat black so no one will steal them,
worries about the bottoms of his skis... not the tops.

I swallowed hard and did not say a word. I helped her across. I have a
five year old if you raise your voice half of them will cry.

That was the point the made me realize that I needed other pair of skis.
Old February 28th 11, 05:42 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Feb 28, 10:08*am, downhill wrote:
lal_truckee wrote:
On 2/27/11 6:07 PM, downhill wrote:

It just freaks me out when
one of the kids in the class just ski over my skis

Perhaps it is time to highlight one of the truisms from the Real Skier
versus Expert Skier collection; some may have forgotten:

Expert Skier: Gets real ****ed off when someone skis over the tops of
his skis.

Real Skier: Paints his skis flat black so no one will steal them,
worries about the bottoms of his skis... not the tops.

I swallowed hard and did not say a word. I helped her across. I have a
five year old if you raise your voice half of them will cry.

That was the point the made me realize that I needed other pair of skis.

I've got a better idea. Put your children up for adoption before you
**** them up.
After all, you are a pathological liar with no moral or ethical
conscience who thinks making sick jokes about raping kids is funny.
Do the right thing. Or they will turn out just like their father: a
cowardly asshole and amoral freak.
Old February 28th 11, 06:49 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
down_hill

VtSkier wrote:
On 02/27/2011 09:07 PM, downhill wrote:
Looking for a short light skis possible twin tips

thanks

We are heading to Okemo next thursday, going to try to run into you.
At greek peak was so unhappy with lack of gate time I plotted a course
to get to killington on friday for GS training but they canceled the
training on thursday do to snow coming it.

Any comments on the carbon Fiber Goode skis? I would like to find a twin
tip in a 150cm range. Also who makes light boots for alpine not broken heel.

My race skis do not work with taking my 5 year old on the bunny slopes
and magic carpet and helping to teach him. It just freaks me out when
one of the kids in the class just ski over my skis

Suck it up. You ski on the bottoms, the tops
are just for looks.

Did not say a word, but if you could see my eyes under googles. I did
melt down on a group of 13- 15 years in the lift line at Mt Hood during
summer camp that were just jumping on skis. For the level of insanity
in my life I am very conscious of the education of young children. I
will snap very fast if a child is in danger of being hurt, I also
snapped at a lady who would have been hit by lift if she kept going. I
apologized to her on the chair ride up for snapping but she was grateful
as she would have been hurt. Several people have commented to my wife
with my ability to be un-phased by children actions. Where my wife goes
he snaps at me like crazy.

He is making more turns and and when he straight lines to the bottom he
can stop with crashing into people

He's gaining. In a few years he'll beat you to
the bottom.

I hope so but going to make him work for it, got a 2 year old pair of
195 SG skis with 6- 14 race bindings where all my other speed skis came
with 10 18 race binding. So I need to follow up on that.
We are looking for a mountain with a race program that will keep me and
him if he wants it happy. Greek peak just is not doing it when we come
back to VT in about a week we will be looking.
He will turn 6 in a 3 weeks and we are having a party at great wolf
lodge in Pa, told the wife heading to Shawnee right next to it and doing
3 runs at nastar if it is still running. Response unprintable but if
there is nastar I can go. Then to have fun I pointed out on her schedule
that the F2000 races I need to leave two days earlier as it takes a day
to get to Road Atlanta & VIR and thursdays before event are test days.
I have a racing wife it is all year long one or the other. Sometimes
both thinking about summer national at hood.

Old February 28th 11, 07:38 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
VtSkier

On 02/28/2011 02:49 PM, down_hill wrote:
VtSkier wrote:
On 02/27/2011 09:07 PM, downhill wrote:
Looking for a short light skis possible twin tips

thanks

We are heading to Okemo next thursday, going to try to run into you.
At greek peak was so unhappy with lack of gate time I plotted a course
to get to killington on friday for GS training but they canceled the
training on thursday do to snow coming it.

And came it did. Two powder days back to back. Yippee!!

Any comments on the carbon Fiber Goode skis? I would like to find a twin
tip in a 150cm range. Also who makes light boots for alpine not broken
heel.

1) why do you need light weight? If you are lift-served
the only time it's an issue is when you have to carry the
damned thing. If you aren't off-piste why bother with
lightweight except to carry back to the car?

2) if you want to ski off with mom herding the kid, an
extremely light ski isn't wonderful in crud, which we get
a lot of around here. My everyday skis are Nordica
HR Jetfuels. Heavy, beefy, plows crud like it's not there.

3) Having said all that, I suspect Goode skis are quite
expensive, even used (the newer carbon fiber boots are
horrendous price-wise). Lots of used skis with twin-tips
ought to be available used since this is what a lot
of park skiers use.

Look into alpine touring/randonee boots. The P-bax plastic they
use is lighter than the standard alpine boot plastic. Also the
walk/ski latch is worth its weight in gold when standing around
on a gentle slope with kids.

I have two pair of boots. For working I use Scarpa Tornado
AT boots. For fun and an extra measure of control I have
a pair of Dalbello Kryptons. Both with Intuition liners which
are well worth the price of admission. The Dalbellos aren't
all that heavy but the Scarpas are downright light.

[...]

You've got all those demanding race skis, which is a good thing,
but I would think you might like a pair of fun skis. I like your
idea of a twin tip, but I might suggest a big beefy pair for
crashing through crud and other stuff. I was looking at a pair
of patroller's skis the other day. Twin tip, about 85mm under
foot, 180cm (or so) long and tele bindings. These were a woman's
skis.

My Jet Fuels are 84mm under foot, 178cm long and as heavy as
my old Atomic Metrons.

Need a Binding Recommendation Xenos Snowboarding 1 December 27th 05 03:28 AM
Mitten Recommendation Rich Heimlich Alpine Skiing 8 December 24th 05 04:09 PM
Sled recommendation Jim Nordic Skiing 2 December 9th 05 11:01 PM
Ski recommendation Arne Aas Backcountry Skiing 3 October 27th 04 08:01 AM
Recommendation? Walt Alpine Skiing 1 December 9th 03 04:38 PM