Lake Tahoe plans

Old January 26th 11, 10:41 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

Default Lake Tahoe plans

On Jan 26, 1:39*pm, nogodforme wrote:
On Jan 25, 5:37*pm, wrote:

On 25 Jan 2011 19:22:38 GMT, tahoevision
wrote this crap:

| Kirkwood, Alpine Meadows, Squaw. *Rinse and Repeat.

Top three in my book. #4 Sugar Bowl

What's wrong with Heavenly? *I wanna do the run that Sonny Bono died
on. *I'm gonna rename it the, "Grimhold."

Vote for Palin-Brown in 2012. *Repeal the nightmares.

I think these people want the "off the beaten path" mountains. * I
went down the Orion trail a few times at Heavenly on my last trip, and
wondered where the spot was. * The problem is, the right side of the
tail is like a cliff leading into the trees. * Who knows where the
exact spot was.

Cher knows.
Old January 27th 11, 12:06 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
lal_truckee

On 1/26/11 1:39 PM, nogodforme wrote:

No one has ever done a video showing the exact path he may have
taken. There's a video of someone going down the Orion trail, but
not going into the trees.

From memory it's pretty near the top, skiers right of the trail, in
shallow angle, relatively easy and open trees. Haven't been there in
decades so could never find it again. Pure accident, not doing anything
particularly dangerous or out of the ordinary, other than possible
self-incapacitation, not publicly verified AFAIK.

No where near as predictable as the coincident Kennedy playing football
on the slopes.
Old January 27th 11, 12:51 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

On 1/26/2011 8:06 PM, lal_truckee wrote:
On 1/26/11 1:39 PM, nogodforme wrote:

No one has ever done a video showing the exact path he may have
taken. There's a video of someone going down the Orion trail, but
not going into the trees.

From memory it's pretty near the top, skiers right of the trail, in
shallow angle, relatively easy and open trees. Haven't been there in
decades so could never find it again. Pure accident, not doing anything
particularly dangerous or out of the ordinary, other than possible
self-incapacitation, not publicly verified AFAIK.

While his wife, Mary Bono, claimed that drugs caused the accident, the
autopsy showed no narcotics and a only a negligible amount of valium,
not enough to cause impairment.

The puzzling thing is that Sonny was from Detroit, so I don't understand
why he wasn't tough enough to survive an encounter with an inanimate
object. Maybe he'd been away too long?

No where near as predictable as the coincident Kennedy playing football
on the slopes.

Kennedy was about a week earlier and at Aspen, so near-coincident. But I
digress...

//Walt
Old January 27th 11, 12:29 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
nogodforme

On Jan 26, 8:06*pm, lal_truckee wrote:
On 1/26/11 1:39 PM, nogodforme wrote:

No one has ever done a video showing the exact path he may have
taken. * *There's a video of someone going down the Orion trail, but
not going into the trees.

*From memory it's pretty near the top, skiers right of the trail, in
shallow angle, relatively easy and open trees. Haven't been there in
decades so could never find it again. Pure accident, not doing anything
particularly dangerous or out of the ordinary, other than possible
self-incapacitation, not publicly verified AFAIK.

No where near as predictable as the coincident Kennedy playing football
on the slopes.

Good response. Yes, I can imagine he started down Orion, then
wanted something more challenging, because he was a black diamond
skier. It's still a huge area to look in. I thought about
taking off my skis and walking near the top, but that would be tough,
plus people are skiing through the trees. Probably better to do
with snow shoes on. If you ski down Orion then you get the "feel"
of what happened, especially when going up the lift and seeing all the
tracks of people who go through the trees.
Old January 27th 11, 03:46 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Jan 27, 5:29*am, nogodforme wrote:
[...]

Contemporary news report:

http://www.cnn.com/US/9801/06/bono.accident/

The body of the California congressman was found about two hours later
by the ski patrol at the Heavenly Ski Resort on the Nevada-California
state line, some 55 miles (88 km) southwest of Reno, Nevada. He had
been coming to the resort for at least 20 years.

The accident occurred on the upper portion of Orion Run, a trail for
skiers of intermediate skill on the Nevada side of the mountain.

At the time, the condition of the slope was good and weather
conditions were "ideal," said resort spokesman John Wagnon.

"The run is fairly wide-open ... tree-lined much like any ski resort,"
Wagnon said. Asked by a reporter if a skier would "have to go off the
beaten path to hit a tree," Wagnon said, "Yes."

A Bono spokesman, Frank Cullen Jr., said Bono had skied into a wooded
area just off the main trail. Such "tree skiing" is popular with
expert skiers who like the fresh powder available off the beaten path.

The area of moderately dense trees is not officially out of bounds but
is more hazardous.

I remember skiing off the trail in that area of Heavenly when I didn't
want to give up slope time just to take a leak.

And I didn't know until just now that Sonny was an "avid" or "balck
diamond" skier. And we used to be neighbors and all.

I lived in the white apartment building with the grey roof near the
right edge of this photo - I can just see my bedroom window. - while I
was in the Navy stationed at Pt. Mugu.

http://www.californiacoastline.org/c...gs=0&year=1972

A couple of photos north: The Bonos lived in the beachfront A-frame
at the right side of the group of three homes. You can see the
construction equipment and materials staged to repair the damage
caused when a winter storm washed out the foundation of their
fireplace, causing the chimney to fall into the house. The news of
that was the first hint that I and my roommates had of their presence.

http://www.californiacoastline.org/c...gs=0&year=1972

Old January 27th 11, 05:13 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

http://www.californiacoastline.org/c...age=7233070&mo....

A couple of photos north: *The Bonos lived in the beachfront A-frame
at the right side of the group of three homes. *You can see the
construction equipment and materials staged to repair the damage
caused when a winter storm washed out the foundation of their
fireplace, causing *the chimney to fall into the house. *The news of
that was the first hint that I and my roommates had of their presence.

http://www.californiacoastline.org/c...233068&mo....- Hide quoted text -

Holy ****. Dickless Henry is so self-absorbed that he thinks people
want to know about how close he was to his buddy Sonny?
There has to be a reason for this inanity.
Especially for Henry cleaning up his act and trying to look like a
reasonably normal nerd being a nerd.
I would love to discuss his behavior with any LEO Henry has actually
contacted.
Contact info? After all, if Henry can provide photos of where he
bunked forty years ago, the least he could do is provide the name and
rank of the SPD officer who is "in the loop" regarding this ********.
He bragged about it enough, and kept claiming I would be charged with
crimes, harassed, and jailed for exposing him as a blowhard lying
piece of **** stalking dickless coward.
Still waiting............
Old January 28th 11, 12:19 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
VtSkier

On 01/27/2011 11:46 AM, Richard Henry wrote:
On Jan 27, 5:29 am, wrote:
On Jan 26, 8:06 pm, wrote:

On 1/26/11 1:39 PM, nogodforme wrote:

No one has ever done a video showing the exact path he may have
taken. There's a video of someone going down the Orion trail, but
not going into the trees.

From memory it's pretty near the top, skiers right of the trail, in
[...]

Trees, eh?
I think I've skied Orion. I know I've skied the trees in and
around Olympic. In fact there's a video of me doing so on my
facebook page. As an eastern skier I find the trees (generally)
at California/Nevada resort to be so far apart that I can make
three to five turns before I have to dodge a tree. Tree runs
around here require one turn per tree. Unless it's called a
'glade', then you can make a few turns before you have to
dodge.
Old January 28th 11, 01:55 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
David Stallard[_2_]

On 1/26/11 8:51 PM, Walt wrote:
On 1/26/2011 8:06 PM, lal_truckee wrote:
On 1/26/11 1:39 PM, nogodforme wrote:

No one has ever done a video showing the exact path he may have
taken. There's a video of someone going down the Orion trail, but
not going into the trees.

From memory it's pretty near the top, skiers right of the trail, in
shallow angle, relatively easy and open trees. Haven't been there in
decades so could never find it again. Pure accident, not doing anything
particularly dangerous or out of the ordinary, other than possible
self-incapacitation, not publicly verified AFAIK.

While his wife, Mary Bono, claimed that drugs caused the accident, the
autopsy showed no narcotics and a only a negligible amount of valium,
not enough to cause impairment.

The puzzling thing is that Sonny was from Detroit, so I don't understand
why he wasn't tough enough to survive an encounter with an inanimate
object. Maybe he'd been away too long?

"I got yew, babe".

No where near as predictable as the coincident Kennedy playing football
on the slopes.

Kennedy was about a week earlier and at Aspen, so near-coincident. But I
digress...

Michael Kennedy, no loss. A man who has intercourse with his family's
14-yr old babysitter is no man at all.

Only the Kennedy's would think up something like ski football. Oh
well, that dynasty's dead now. Stick a fork in 'em, baby - they're done.

Dave

Old January 28th 11, 04:22 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Jan 27, 6:55*pm, David Stallard wrote:
On 1/26/11 8:51 PM, Walt wrote:

[...]

Holy ****. For once I agree with Dickless Dave Stallard. Who is no
man at all, but at least showed some decency. Finally.
Hey, Dickless? How about a man who falsely accuses innocent men of
molesting children, or who makes sick jokes about child molestation.
I'd say a man who does that is no man at all. Which means, of course,
that YOU are no man at all.
Then there is the issue of you hiding your identity and never being
man enough to spew your **** in person, and real world stalking,
and........well, you get the picture, eh, No Man At All Stallard?
Old January 28th 11, 05:02 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

On Jan 27, 7:55*pm, David Stallard wrote:
Michael Kennedy, no loss. *A man who has intercourse with his family's
14-yr old babysitter is no man at all.

Is he more of a man than scum that forces his brother to?

Lake Tahoe Bunter[_2_] North American Ski Resorts 5 October 24th 09 05:54 AM
Lake Tahoe Mike Alpine Skiing 13 July 7th 06 09:32 PM
Lake Tahoe A A North American Ski Resorts 2 February 20th 04 02:34 AM
in lake tahoe 1/25 Traz99999 Alpine Skiing 0 January 16th 04 11:31 AM
Lake Tahoe end Mar..beg Apr spike North American Ski Resorts 6 December 22nd 03 01:44 AM