Best guess at the Scottish weather??

Old March 13th 05, 05:12 PM
pete devlin

In message , Colin Irvine
writes
Indeed. According to one of the (Glenshee) locals we were chatting to
the Scottish resorts haven't had the weeks of frost necessary to get
the ground cold enough to hang onto the snow.

We haven't had that since the early 80s! It's been cold for quite a
while now. It's not like we rely on permafrost or anything. It's 0 deg
outside just now and that's here at sea level. It's March and it's
Scotland. Anything could happen. There is heaps of snow at the top of
Cairngorm. There will be some kind of skiing at Easter but how good it
will be is anyone's guess.
--
Pete Devlin
"Mind the oranges Marlon!"
Old March 13th 05, 06:45 PM
Fredd

Yep, fraid so! The 6 day picture of the freezing level on snow-forecast.com
took off like a rocket 2 days after booking a chalet! Still, anything could
happen yet. Will pack the hiking boots though JIC.

We'll be at the usual place in one of the large chalets. Look out for the
white 406 estate with roofbox and drop in for a whisky one evening!

John

"Adrian D. Shaw" wrote in message
Felly sgrifennodd John Ricketts :
As my other thread says (sorry for starting a new one but that dried up!),
I'm planning to shoot up for a slide over easter. I now have availability
of
a chalet near Nevis or Aviemore.

Have you booked yet? Because looking at some of the weather forecasts for
this coming week it's looking decidedly mild, with temperatures up into
the
mid teens. They might have loads of snow in Scotland at the moment, but
how
long it will survive with temperatures like that I don't know.

Adrian

--
Adrian Shaw ais@
Aberystwyth, Ceredigion, Cymru ac.

Old March 13th 05, 08:00 PM
Fredd

(sorry about alias, using someone else's machine!)

John Ricketts

. uk...