Ramen Noodles

Old July 15th 03, 10:47 PM
Mike Speegle

Default Ramen Noodles

In news:suds sudsysadie@hawaii{is the #1 state for Spam
eaters}.rr.com typed:

Now, what have you done to make this a better nation?

Oh and so you don't think I'm ignoring this one, I served for 3
years in the Army from Oct. '70 to Oct. '73. I enlisted to evade the
draft. PHTHBPBPPBBTH!
--
Mike
"Colorado Ski Country, USA" Come often, Ski hard,

Old July 15th 03, 11:33 PM
Mike Speegle

In news:Let Mikey Ski It! typed:
Mike Speegle wrote:
... BTW, I'm a registered Democrat in a Republican
state. Kinda harkens back to my rebellious child of the 60's roots.
Going against the majority and all that rot. ;-)

Heh. That reminds me of going to school in Boulder. I learned that if
you were to be a non-conformist, you had to conform. You couldn't
dress this way, you had to be against this political party, you had
to support this struggle ... or you were not a real non-conformist. I
did not buy into that and decided I'll ski my own lines in life.

I get such a kick out of each new trend that comes along for kids
(pre-teens and teens). It's great watching them seeking their own
identity and trying to be different...just like everybody else. ;-)

Old July 16th 03, 01:03 AM
Mike Speegle

In news:Mary Malmros typed:
"Mike Speegle" writes:

Are you able to quantify this? Or, lacking that, can you provide a
little background? What "panel discussions" are you talking about,
what's your sample size, and what are the instances of "frothing at
the mouth and screaming and appearing non-sensical and emotional"?

Watch Bill Mahre's show on HBO. There's no holds barred and the
lefties come of as raging idealogues most of the time. As I said I'm
fairly middle of the road, but lefties need to look in the mirror to see
how they come off publicly. It is embarassing. If you don't have HBO
then sorry. As for my opinions, they are just that my opinions and
impressions on round table discussions. I can't quantify my opinions
for you, sorry.

Old July 16th 03, 01:33 AM
Jay Pique

On 15 Jul 2003 20:38:52 -0400, Mary Malmros wrote:

"Mike Speegle" writes:

In newsigo typed:
"Mary Malmros" wrote in message
"Mike Speegle" writes:

In news:lal_truckee typed:
Mike Speegle wrote:

Well, your diatribe indicated you wanted to go after
those with rightish opinions.

Actually it sounds like a Rush/Savage paraphrase ...

Actually, calling for "shooting" the opposition sounds a lot
more like anarchy than Americanism. I've never heard the right
(Rush included) call for shooting the other side. YMMV

No? How about Ann Coulter?

I've never heard her advocate violence against innocent people with a
different point of view. Have you?

I certainly haven't. When she has appeared on Bill Mahre's show on
HBO, she stays cool and composed and the lefties talking *at* her appear
like raving lunatics and screaming at her. I know that she's
conservative but I have not read her nor do I care.

If you want some quotes that'll turn your hair white, you have but
to ask.

I just find it
*very* interesting when left and right get in a panel discussion which
side usually ends up frothing at the mouth and screaming and appearing
non-sensical and emotional.

Are you able to quantify this? Or, lacking that, can you provide a
little background? What "panel discussions" are you talking about,
what's your sample size, and what are the instances of "frothing at
the mouth and screaming and appearing non-sensical and emotional"?....

.....she shrieked while foaming at the mouth.

JP
**********************
Calmly enunciating.

Old July 16th 03, 02:04 AM
pigo

"Mike Speegle" wrote in message

In looking back (via the 2003 World Almanac) since '52 Colorado

has
majority voted for the Democrat candidate only once in '64 barely over
Goldwater. Every other presidential election Colorado votes

Republican.

I hadn't paid any particular attention. I just got that impression.

Outside the ski resorts and Denver it's a very rural, ranch type of
place. And that does spell
R e p u b l i c a n

Old July 16th 03, 02:06 AM
pigo

"Mary Malmros" wrote in message

Are you able to quantify this? Or, lacking that, can you provide a
little background? What "panel discussions" are you talking about,
what's your sample size, and what are the instances of "frothing at
the mouth and screaming and appearing non-sensical and emotional"?

How about (was it?) Jeff Bridges on the Tonight Show.

Old July 16th 03, 02:09 AM
pigo

"Mary Malmros" wrote in message

Alas, don't get it. Anything that's more accessible to those of us
who don't want to pay extra money for stuff we're mostly not gonna
watch?

O'reilly on Foxnews gets some pretty loony lefty's. That's on regular
cable.

Old July 16th 03, 02:10 AM
Jay Pique

On 15 Jul 2003 21:42:54 -0400, Mary Malmros wrote:

"Mike Speegle" writes:

In news:Mary Malmros typed:
"Mike Speegle" writes:

Are you able to quantify this? Or, lacking that, can you provide a
little background? What "panel discussions" are you talking about,
what's your sample size, and what are the instances of "frothing at
the mouth and screaming and appearing non-sensical and emotional"?

Watch Bill Mahre's show on HBO.

Alas, don't get it. Anything that's more accessible to those of us
who don't want to pay extra money for stuff we're mostly not gonna
watch?

I found the programming on HBO to be excellent at times, and well
worth having. I loved the Sopranos and the Real Sex stuff - between
that and say 2 movies a month it'd more than pay for itself.

JP
************************************************** ***********************************
Attention ex-roommate Paul Hubbard, you ****ed us on the cable bill
and we think you stole the powerwash

There's no holds barred and the
lefties come of as raging idealogues most of the time. As I said I'm
fairly middle of the road, but lefties need to look in the mirror to see
how they come off publicly. It is embarassing. If you don't have HBO
then sorry. As for my opinions, they are just that my opinions and
impressions on round table discussions. I can't quantify my opinions
for you, sorry.

I don't expect you to quantify them, but that's kind of the point.
Opinions that include phrases like "most x do y" suggest -- falsely
-- that the expresser of the opinion does, in fact, have some
quantitative basis for what they say. I understand that it gets
kind of silly after a short while, saying, "Based on my experience,
it is my perception that..." and that it's tempting to just say,
"Most x do y". But when you're talking about trends of entire broad
segments of the political spectrum, such qualifiers are perhaps more
important than in other situations.

Old July 16th 03, 02:14 AM
pigo

"The Real Bev" wrote in message

Aren't you in CO? That's a demo. state I thought.

So is California. I am reminded of two things: Gene Wilder yelling

"I am
very UNIQUE!" in a crowd of men who look exactly like him, and my Gary
Larson cup showing a lot of penguins, one of whom is singing "I gotta

be
MEEEEEEEE!"

The counter-culture is conservative now. Feel conflicted?

I *know* CA is. Did you sign a real Davis re-call petition or one of
those that they were putting out to divert signatures?