Heavenly in December?

Old June 14th 05, 09:26 PM
Sam Seiber

TexasSkiNut wrote:
"Slush Powder" was much easier to figure out than that sentence.

Huh? I thought that was "slush powders", plural. Did I miss something
again?

Sam "JUST 18.3976 weeks to go for the Loveland season opening" Seiber
Old June 14th 05, 09:29 PM
VtSkier

Walt wrote:
VtSkier wrote:

... we
couldn't ski the trees because on the groomed wasn't
breakable crust.

Huh?

Did you get that snow condition report from a certain Tahoe-based
freelance ski instructor?

-Walt

Let me rephrase that...
"couldn't ski the trees because only where it was
groomed was there no breakable crust." and it wasn't
groomed in the trees. Begging your pardon for a well
sentence, I am.
VtSkier
Old June 14th 05, 09:31 PM
VtSkier

TexasSkiNut wrote:
Walt wrote:

VtSkier wrote:

... we
couldn't ski the trees because on the groomed wasn't
breakable crust.

Huh?

Did you get that snow condition report from a certain Tahoe-based
freelance ski instructor?

"Slush Powder" was much easier to figure out than that sentence.

Ok, ok, so I in a hurry was.
Old June 14th 05, 09:40 PM
Sam Seiber

VtSkier wrote:
Let me rephrase that...
"couldn't ski the trees because only where it was
groomed was there no breakable crust." and it wasn't
groomed in the trees. Begging your pardon for a well
sentence, I am.
VtSkier

Oh, that is better. I thought I had to be drinking the same kind of
beer you were drinking when you wrote that, to understand it.

Sam "Lets start a Coors Extra Gold holy war!" Seiber
Old June 15th 05, 01:12 AM
lal_truckee

Sam Seiber wrote:
VtSkier wrote:

Let me rephrase that...
"couldn't ski the trees because only where it was
groomed was there no breakable crust." and it wasn't
groomed in the trees. Begging your pardon for a well
sentence, I am.
VtSkier

Oh, that is better. I thought I had to be drinking the same kind of
beer you were drinking when you wrote that, to understand it.

Sam "Lets start a Coors Extra Gold holy war!" Seiber

Cricky. If you're going to talk beer all summer, at least make it a beer
that doesn't induce nausea at first sight.
Old June 15th 05, 02:24 AM
CParker

Sam Seiber wrote:
TexasSkiNut wrote:

"Slush Powder" was much easier to figure out than that sentence.

Huh? I thought that was "slush powders", plural. Did I miss something
again?

Sam "JUST 18.3976 weeks to go for the Loveland season opening" Seiber

You expect them to open on the 22nd of October? Isn't that a little
optimistic?
C.
Old June 15th 05, 04:51 AM
Neil Kaufman

Its a crap shoot.

Some years can be awesome.
I can also remember rain at 11,000 feet and major flooding one year and
riding my bike around SLT because there was no snow.another.

Wait until late January in you can

Old June 15th 05, 01:20 PM
Walt

Chuck wrote:

Question - I've got an opportunity to buy a deeded timeshare at Heavenly
cheap. One week is # 50 (mid December). What's the snow coverage and
crowds like there during December.

Ok. Enough clowning, I'll try to give you a straight answer. I've
never been to Tahoe, but week number 50 isn't crowded anywhere. In
fact, some destination resorts are practically giving accomodations away
at that point in the season - for instance, a luxury slopeside condo at
Tremblant goes for about Motel 6 rates that particular week. Yes, the
snow coverage can be iffy that early in the season, the solution is to
plan your trip and prepare to relocate at the last minute depending on
the weather.

So, my advice woud be to avoid locking yourself into a specific
destination the second week of December. And unless the timeshare is
*really* cheap, you can probably do substantally better by just renting
- shoulder season is a buyers market.

Just watch out for that lift-served backcountry groomed off-piste
breakable crust slush powders that may or may not be in the trees.

-Walt

Old June 15th 05, 04:14 PM
Sam Seiber

CParker wrote:

You expect them to open on the 22nd of October? Isn't that a little
optimistic?
C.

Nope. They opened October 15 2004. I am pretty sure they will make
October 22. They hire 6 Kiwis to come up and make the snow. The Kiwis
ROCK! Granted, it is just a guess, but since they have been using
the rocking Kiwis, they are generally open mid October.

Sam "Watching last seasons Kiwis work melt away on the webcam" Seiber
Old June 15th 05, 05:33 PM
Lisa Horton

Walt wrote:

Chuck wrote:

[...]

But he'll be fine as long as he learns flatboarding, right?

Lisa