Wreckin'bridge spam?

Old August 18th 03, 11:51 PM
The Real Bev

Default Wreckin'bridge spam?

Chester Bullock wrote:

The Real Bev wrote in
:

bdubya wrote:

wrote:

Hey, I thought I was pretty damn polite too! You should hear what I
say to telemarketers, especially the ones who get me out of the
bathroom.

Indeed you were, every bit as polite as me. And I'm probably happier
not knowing what you say to telemarketeers.. But getting out of the
bathroom just to answer the phone? That's TOO polite. I just let it
go to voicemail; I refuse to give the telephone that much power in
my life.

I know people who can just let the phone ring while they're in the
room, but I don't understand how they can do it. I seem to remember
always having to answer the phone, even when I have an answering
machine. I was perfectly happy letting voicemail take over at work,
but home is different. Maybe I'd change if I got more than a few
telemarketers/day. OTOH, yelling at them is free therapy.

That's what Caller ID is for. If it is unknown are a number we don't
recognize, it goes to voicemail.

I should pay extra to know who's calling when it's free if I just pick up
the phone? Besides, everybody I know has caller-ID blocking ON MY
ADVICE! I've taught them to do *82 before calling my cell, which they are
instructed to do only if it's NEEDED, not just to chat, so I can use it as
a free pager.

Oh wait, you still use Netscape 4...

And Mozilla 1.4, but the mail/news is less attractive. I've downloaded
1.5 but it keeps screaming that it can't find an essential library which
is right there where it should be. **** like that is almost as bad as
windows.

--
Cheers,
Bev
Old August 18th 03, 11:54 PM
The Real Bev

Walt wrote:

Chester Bullock wrote:

That's what Caller ID is for. If it is unknown are a number we don't
recognize, it goes to voicemail.

Oh wait, you still use Netscape 4...

Oh Yeah? Wanna make something of it? (c:

NS 7 which has no kill files. How is that an improvement?

Moz 1.4/linux does, in a pitiful sort of way. The win version is probably
better, but I feel that if we have self-discipline we have no need of
killfiles,

Old August 18th 03, 11:58 PM
The Real Bev

Chester Bullock wrote:

I still use separate programs for browsing the web, email and newsgroups.
Then I can have the best of each world (or the best for me rather).

I do suppose though that NS4 users don't care so much if the web looks
good or not, they are there for the information...

No, people who feel that way use lynx or one of the other text-based
browsers. NS4.x looks OK as long as the web"masters" don't do anything
stupid with their code, and it's possible to devise your own color and
font schemes (yes, another time-waster) if The Netscape Cognoscenti trust
you with little bits of unpublished information.

Old August 19th 03, 01:36 PM
Walt

The Real Bev wrote:

... I feel that if we have self-discipline we have no need of
killfiles,

Unfortunately, "we" don't.

BTW, TINW.

HTH HAND.

--
//-Walt
//

obski: XXXX
Old August 19th 03, 10:52 PM
The Real Bev

Walt wrote:

The Real Bev wrote:

... I feel that if we have self-discipline we have no need of
killfiles,

Unfortunately, "we" don't.

BTW, TINW.

OSMR! Well, sort of.

--
Cheers,
Bev

aging stats DF Nordic Skiing 9 November 6th 03 12:40 AM
many virus - spam - file attachments (was aging stats) Kenneth Salzberg Nordic Skiing 0 October 31st 03 12:47 PM
Spam about St. Pitursburg Matt Morency Nordic Skiing 1 July 23rd 03 07:22 AM
OYB now a record label! (Vicious spam alert!)(Cross Posting Advisory) Edward Dike, III Nordic Skiing 0 July 11th 03 11:48 AM