Place with a Drop Off/Locker Room/Lunch Spot/Shuttle Stop at Keystone and Breck

Old November 21st 04, 01:34 PM
vbenares

Default Place with a Drop Off/Locker Room/Lunch Spot/Shuttle Stop at Keystone and Breck

Up until this year, we've (6 assorted kids and I) skied at Copper and
Winter Park. I've developed the pattern of dropping the gang (with
gear, and big bag containing extra clothing, sunscreen, water, and
lunches etc) near the base, using the skier drop zone, and then driving
to the free parking and shuttling back.

The gang takes the bag to a locker room where skiers put on their boots
and stash normal footwear in the bag. Then they stash the bag atop a
locker where I can find it. We meet again for lunch, retrieve the bag,
eat our sack lunches, and re-stash the bag. You get the idea.

This works great at Winter Park, Mary Jane, the main base area at
Copper, and at Union Creek.

Yesterday at Breck's Peak 9 base, it didn't work well at all - no place
to eat lunch and no good place to change footwear. Seems like The
Maggie would be a good spot, but there's no skier drop off or shuttle
stop.

Any ideas about how to do our routine, or something similar, at Keystone
and Breck now and how to do it later in the season after more places are
open?

Old November 22nd 04, 12:45 AM
Let Mikey Ski It!

vbenares wrote:
Any ideas about how to do our routine, or something similar, at Keystone
and Breck now and how to do it later in the season after more places are
open?

At Breck, the Maggie is a great place to drop stuff (on top of the lockers,
under the bencheds, etc.). I would recommend buying a condo within walking
distance.

Other than that, if the shuttle gets you near there, carry your stuff and
use it as your base.

Mike...

--
Littleton, Colorado (reply to msaemisch at yahoo dot com)
See my ski photography at: http://PowderDay.us

Old November 22nd 04, 05:47 PM
snoig

vbenares wrote in message nk.net...
[...]

You just need to wait for the base area at Peak 8 to open. The
Bergenhoff is a good place to meet up.

snoig

Old November 22nd 04, 08:10 PM
Mary Malmros

snoig wrote:

[snip]
You just need to wait for the base area at Peak 8 to open. The
Bergenhoff is a good place to meet up.

Nostalgia moment: does anyone remember what the base of Peak Nine looked
like in the mid-'70s? Or Peak 8, for that matter? And how you got from
one to another?

Ya can't go back...

--
Mary Malmros
Some days you're the windshield, other days you're the bug.

Old November 23rd 04, 03:51 AM
Let Mikey Ski It!

Mary Malmros wrote:
Nostalgia moment: does anyone remember what the base of Peak Nine looked
like in the mid-'70s? Or Peak 8, for that matter? And how you got from
one to another?

Yes. Yes. My dad has a shot from when we first skied there. 1963.

Mike...