Busting Out of Hibernation

Old November 12th 06, 04:37 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine,wi.general,wi.northeastern.talk
The Wisconsin Skier

Default Busting Out of Hibernation

Greetings One Greeting All,

Its been a while since I have posted here. However, I have been busy.
Worklife has me commuting and spending the work-week in Madison away from
my home workstation (which fits my needs tighter than a wetsuit on a
curvaceous blond, unlike the dumb work supplied windoze laptop I lug
around).

However, from time to time on the weekends I have been spiffing up The
Wisconsin Skier.

I have added and continue to add more ski areas to the regional map (and as
I discover other areas I add them) and I developed the WISKIBot to scour
ski area's conditions pages to provide for a centralized trail open count
of the regions ski areas (this is not yet comprehensive but I will be
working at making it so). Obviously this will continue to grow and will
probably add additional screen scraping to pull of reports of actual
conditions. However, start small first and then grow.

There is skiing in the area as Ski Brule opened up on Oct 28. Anyway I am
looking forward to another winter on RSA and associated NGs no matter if I
write in 3rd person or not!

--
Before Heading to the Hills Head to The Wisconsin Skier:
http://www.wi-ski.com/
Old November 14th 06, 06:43 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Marty

The Wisconsin Skier wrote:
[...]

Welcome back!

Here are several more mid-west ski areas that I think will fit on your
interactive map:

- Trollhaugen (WI)
- Wild Mt. (MN)
- Afton Alps (MN)
- Buck Hill (MN)
- Hyland Hills (MN)
- Welch Village (MN)
- Steeplechase (MN)

--
Marty

Old November 14th 06, 07:57 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

Marty wrote:

The Wisconsin Skier wrote:

[...]

Yay! Trollhaugen!! Official ski resort for RSA! Cheer!

Other additions should include Searchmont, Ontario and Mont Ripley, MI.
And if you're going to put Boyne Mt on the may, you should include
Nubs Nob & Boyne Highlands too. Maybe even Crystal Mt and The Mighty
Caberfae.

And what about Sundown Mt. in Iowa and Chestnut Mt. in Illinois?

//Walt

Old November 18th 06, 03:36 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Wisconsin Skier

Marty wrote:

Welcome back!

Salamat, Dunkashun, thank you, shookron, and so on!

Here are several more mid-west ski areas that I think will fit on your
interactive map:

- Trollhaugen (WI)
- Wild Mt. (MN)
- Afton Alps (MN)
- Buck Hill (MN)
- Hyland Hills (MN)
- Welch Village (MN)
- Steeplechase (MN)

I couldn't track down a website for Wild Mt. nor get a good enough feel for
Hyland's location, however the rest are place on the map. I put in a note
with Hyland Hills to get an address I can track down. That's done for the
most part.

Anyway I'll look at Walt's suggestions tomorrow.

Thanks

Old November 18th 06, 02:20 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

The Wisconsin Skier wrote:
Marty wrote:
Welcome back!

Salamat, Dunkashun, thank you, shookron, and so on!

Here are several more mid-west ski areas that I think will fit on your
interactive map:

- Trollhaugen (WI)
- Wild Mt. (MN)
- Afton Alps (MN)
- Buck Hill (MN)
- Hyland Hills (MN)
- Welch Village (MN)
- Steeplechase (MN)

I couldn't track down a website for Wild Mt.

http://www.wildmountain.com/

Pretty sneaky, eh?

And while Wild Mt has only 300 feet of vert, it has one thing going
for it: It's OPEN TODAY.

nor get a good enough feel for Hyland's location,

It's right in the Twin Cities

http://makeashorterlink.com/?W1D56573E

Anyway I'll look at Walt's suggestions tomorrow.

--

// Walt
//
// There is no Volkl Conspiracy

Old November 18th 06, 05:28 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Wisconsin Skier

Walt wrote:

Marty wrote:

The Wisconsin Skier wrote:

[...]

I'll get to those additional MI hills and the IA & IL hills as well.
However, I don't see Ontario on my map, and revising the map to include
Ontario would be a project for myself when this Madison assignment is over
with. However, I can certainly link to it!

Thanks

//Walt

Old November 18th 06, 06:59 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Marty

"Walt" wrote in message
The Wisconsin Skier wrote:
Marty wrote:
Welcome back!

Salamat, Dunkashun, thank you, shookron, and so on!

Here are several more mid-west ski areas that I think will fit on your
interactive map:

- Trollhaugen (WI)
- Wild Mt. (MN)
- Afton Alps (MN)
- Buck Hill (MN)
- Hyland Hills (MN)
- Welch Village (MN)
- Steeplechase (MN)

I couldn't track down a website for Wild Mt.

http://www.wildmountain.com/

Pretty sneaky, eh?

And while Wild Mt has only 300 feet of vert, it has one thing going for
it: It's OPEN TODAY.

Yea, Wild was always the 1st to open. Small and further North.

nor get a good enough feel for Hyland's location,

It's right in the Twin Cities

http://makeashorterlink.com/?W1D56573E

Little tiny Hyland:
- Team Gilboa
- Kaylin: http://www.usskiteam.com/public/team...2&dId=2&aId=90

Amazing.
--
Marty

Old November 19th 06, 01:34 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

The Wisconsin Skier wrote:

Walt wrote:

Here are several more mid-west ski areas that I think will fit on your
interactive map:

Other additions should include Searchmont, Ontario

However, I don't see Ontario on my map, and revising the map to include
Ontario would be a project for myself when this Madison assignment is over
with. However, I can certainly link to it!

Look again. Sault Ste Marie Ontario is definitely on you map. And if
you hadn't excised the upper right corner, the location of Searchmont
would be on it too.

I talk to skiers form Green Bay regularly at Searchmont, so *some* of
you cheeseheads know about it.

// Walt

Old November 19th 06, 02:16 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Wisconsin Skier

Walt wrote:

I talk to skiers form Green Bay regularly at Searchmont, so *some* of
you cheeseheads know about it.

I know of it too. The Sly Fox Ski Club and Gelandusprung from Green Bay
usually make it a yearly stop.

Old November 19th 06, 02:17 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Wisconsin Skier

Walt wrote:

Look again. Sault Ste Marie Ontario is definitely on you map. And if
you hadn't excised the upper right corner, the location of Searchmont
would be on it too.

It's on the map you are right about that, but I don't know about definitely.
It seems like we have a mile or two past the locks.