Olympic 50 km mass start

Old March 2nd 06, 10:58 PM

Default Olympic 50 km mass start

Heres a question for all you downloaders.

I got back from a week in Hayward and have been busy downloading all
the olympic races. Everything looks good with the exception of the 50
km mass start. For that one, I only get sound and no video.

Any suggestions? Or should I simply delete it and start again?

Thanks for your thoughts on this.

Andy

ps. I had a pretty disasterous Birkie although not as bad as Marks.
Made a horrible ski selection (too stiff and too much grind) and, as it
turns out, high flouros was not necessarily the way to go for me. Like
skiing on carpet all the way. Still, I left town feeling pretty good
about my race. The time was awfull but considering I was getting
outglided by everybody and their brother, I think I made the skis go
about as fast as I was capable. Live and learn.

Old March 2nd 06, 11:53 PM

Hi Andy,

I missed most of the races due to business travel. Where are you downloading
from?

Thanks,

Tony
Ottawa

oups.com...

Old March 3rd 06, 12:41 AM

Andy: I'm having the same problem with that file. I tried to play it
in WinAmp and Windows Media Player with the same results as you. I
tried to open it in VirtualDub and it crashed, so I can only assume
that the file is corrupted. Anyone else having problems with this
file?

Tony: We've been downloading using BitTorrent from the Denness
Tracker. Here is some info from another of my posts:

I've been downloading the Eurosport XC coverage from the BitTorrent
tracker http://tracker.denness.net/ using uTorrent
(http://www.utorrent.com). For more info about how BitTorrent works,
see http://www.torrentspy.com/help.asp.

Janne G has been doing a great job of recording the Eurosport coverage
(usually in English) and uploading it via the Denness tracker fairly
soon after the event. Thanks Janne!!

-Colin

Old March 3rd 06, 01:11 AM

It plays on Media Player Classic ok but is causing something else
(WinExplorer?) to crash at the same time. Also, the Biathlon mass
start, downloaded at the same time, doesn't render.

Gene

Old March 3rd 06, 01:45 AM

Just watched the 50km on VLC media player and no problems at all.

CK

Old March 3rd 06, 08:04 PM

Try the DivX player... seems to have no problem. I had the same problem
with Windows Media Player. http://www.divx.com/divx/

Chris

Old March 3rd 06, 10:27 PM
doogiski doogiski is offline
Senior Member

Can someone re-add the torrent to the Denness Tracker please? someone updated the tracker and it erased all the torrents up to February 28.
Thanks
Adam
Smithers, BC

Olympic Picks tassava Nordic Skiing 5 February 6th 06 09:15 PM
Field Test - START Grip Tape John O'Connell Nordic Skiing 11 March 19th 04 09:37 PM
Winter Olympic Park Closed? -JP- Nordic Skiing 3 March 1st 04 10:37 PM
Korte start moved and other topics. John Galt Nordic Skiing 6 February 27th 04 10:02 PM
START kick scotch tape??? revyakin Nordic Skiing 32 December 11th 03 09:55 AM