Blizzard, Powder, and Flatboarding

Old March 23rd 05, 04:15 PM
yunlong

Default Blizzard, Powder, and Flatboarding

Blizzard, Powder, and Flatboarding;
yup, life is good.

Gone flatboarding,
IS

Old March 23rd 05, 04:26 PM
VtSkier

yunlong wrote:
Blizzard, Powder, and Flatboarding;
yup, life is good.

Gone flatboarding,
IS

A troll is a troll is a troll.
Have fun. Nice and soft around here, cold at night,
perfect sugaring weather.
Old March 24th 05, 02:19 AM
pigo

"VtSkier" wrote in message
yunlong wrote:
Blizzard, Powder, and Flatboarding;
yup, life is good.

Gone flatboarding,
IS

A troll is a troll is a troll.
Have fun. Nice and soft around here, cold at night,
perfect sugaring weather.

Yeah. I think he's like mary. Doesn't really ski, just bull****s
about it.

Old March 24th 05, 02:04 PM
yunlong

VtSkier wrote:
yunlong wrote:
Blizzard, Powder, and Flatboarding;
yup, life is good.

Gone flatboarding,
IS

A troll is a troll is a troll.

Oh, that's just to throw a cheap shining thing along the edge of
shallow depth to see how some dinkers dart and jump.

Have fun.

Thanks, in their boring existence, however, they do provide some
entertainments sometime.

Nice and soft around here, cold at night,
perfect sugaring weather.

Flatboarding down the Face, Heavenly; in the trees, the "powder," uh...
no (don't want to see Bob Lee's ugly face), the "freshy," uh... no (in
a conversation on the chairlift with a guy from DC, Maryland, I
slipped, "what a great freshy day," and he went "Huh...?"), maybe just
plain "snow" work better for those partitioned minds, ok, the two feet
of snow are thick, not fluffy, not dry, and not light, yet, they don't
cling together, easily cut through, and very maneuverable/turnable.
Anyway, I had "a great powder flatboarding day."

What makes even better is I get to do it all over again today.

IS

Old March 24th 05, 03:10 PM
VtSkier

Oh, what the heck!

yunlong wrote:
VtSkier wrote:

yunlong wrote:

Blizzard, Powder, and Flatboarding;
yup, life is good.

Gone flatboarding,
IS

A troll is a troll is a troll.

Oh, that's just to throw a cheap shining thing along the edge of
shallow depth to see how some dinkers dart and jump.

Indeed, works well for some, not so good for others.

Have fun.

Thanks, in their boring existence, however, they do provide some
entertainments sometime.

Again indeed.

Nice and soft around here, cold at night,
perfect sugaring weather.

When I was in the Sierras at the beginning of March, I
noted that there was not a lot of temperature difference
from night to day. Night about 29, day about 33. The sun
seemed to make the bigger difference in the quality of the
snow than temperature.

Around here, the temperature swing seems bigger. Say from
20 degrees to 40 degrees. It's about 38 degrees here now,
but it snowed a couple of inches (here in the valley) last
night and the temp was about 23.

I skied Tuesday. The surface had set up quite hard so we
started at Bear Mountain which is low and faces east.
Even at the top here where the temp was 35 it was still
very crispy and not until we were within a couple of
hundred feet (vert) from the lodge was the snow getting
soft. Worked our way around during the morning, by the
time we got back to Killington peak and the temp was around
40, the surface was still very hard. Hadn't softened up
much at all. Sunny day and all, do you suppose the hills
being closer to the sun in the Sierras has something to
do with it? Or, contrary-wise is it our machine made base
being different from natural snow that has an effect on
how soon and easily the snow softens up at spring temperatures?

Flatboarding down the Face, Heavenly; in the trees, the "powder," uh...
no (don't want to see Bob Lee's ugly face), the "freshy," uh... no (in
a conversation on the chairlift with a guy from DC, Maryland, I
slipped, "what a great freshy day," and he went "Huh...?"),

Gee, it sounds like the vocabulary you used was certainly OK,
I suggest the "Huh...?" came from two sources.

1) the OP is from an area where there isn't much snow and
what they get disappears quickly. I suggest his experience
is between "snow" and "slop".

2) you might try some syntax in a more conventional way.
"freshies" would be noun for "new snow" regardless of any
other qualities. "freshy" as you used it is an adjective
describing the word "day". This would get a "huh...?"
from me if I didn't take a few moments to translate.
Remember, the OP is on vacation and is not required to
translate. This construct is not especially wrong, just
complicated.

You might have done better with the following:
"What a beautiful day. Aren't the freshies great?"

I probably wouldn't have had trouble with your statement,
but the OP is from a pretty much non-skiing area, and then
you don't know but what he's originally from Florida of
all places.

maybe just
plain "snow" work better for those partitioned minds, ok, the two feet
of snow are thick, not fluffy, not dry, and not light, yet, they don't
cling together, easily cut through, and very maneuverable/turnable.
Anyway, I had "a great powder flatboarding day."

Sounds great. Not unlike what gave me some trouble back at the
beginning of the month, but something I could easily get used to.

What makes even better is I get to do it all over again today.

Bite me ;-

IS

Old March 24th 05, 04:32 PM
yunlong

VtSkier wrote:
Oh, what the heck!

yunlong wrote:
VtSkier wrote:
yunlong wrote:

Blizzard, Powder, and Flatboarding;
yup, life is good.

Gone flatboarding,
IS

A troll is a troll is a troll.

Oh, that's just to throw a cheap shining thing along the edge of
shallow depth to see how some dinkers dart and jump.

Indeed, works well for some, not so good for others.

Have fun.

Thanks, in their boring existence, however, they do provide some
entertainments sometime.

Again indeed.

To say that in this world wide usenet we all have our own ways to get
our kicks.

Nice and soft around here, cold at night,
perfect sugaring weather.

When I was in the Sierras at the beginning of March, I
noted that there was not a lot of temperature difference
from night to day. Night about 29, day about 33. The sun
seemed to make the bigger difference in the quality of the
snow than temperature.

Yup, here in the sierras we ski following the sun[-light] in the
spring.

[...]

I'd rather do Tai-Chi-Skiing.

maybe just
plain "snow" work better for those partitioned minds, ok, the two

feet
of snow are thick, not fluffy, not dry, and not light, yet, they

don't
cling together, easily cut through, and very maneuverable/turnable.
Anyway, I had "a great powder flatboarding day."

Sounds great. Not unlike what gave me some trouble back at the
beginning of the month, but something I could easily get used to.

What makes even better is I get to do it all over again today.

Bite me ;-

Ok, today is even better, it's a sunny day after the dump; damn it,
this post takes way too much time.

Gone flatborading,
IS

Old March 24th 05, 05:13 PM
VtSkier

yunlong wrote:
VtSkier wrote:

Oh, what the heck!

yunlong wrote:

VtSkier wrote:

yunlong wrote:

[...]

Clearly I'm stuck at my computer today, hence the "Bite me" and
so I'll say it again....

BITE ME!!!

Gone flatborading,
IS

Old March 25th 05, 02:43 PM
yunlong

VtSkier wrote:
yunlong wrote:
VtSkier wrote:
Oh, what the heck!

yunlong wrote:
VtSkier wrote:
yunlong wrote:

I'd rather do Tai-Chi-Skiing.
What makes even better is I get to do it all over again today.

Bite me ;-

Ok, today is even better, it's a sunny day after the dump; damn it,
this post takes way too much time.

Clearly I'm stuck at my computer today, hence the "Bite me"
and so I'll say it again....

BITE ME!!!

Well, after the storm they groomed down the High Roller terrain park
[to rebuild it], and I got to ski the whole mountain [I usually just
stay in the terrain park--parkrat]. The powder flatboarding is good,
but was on the heavy side, and I was exhausted after I done the frozen
cut-ups on the Face. I went home and met my neighbor and talked about
it. He wasn't impressed, "You skiers have a tough life," he said.

Going to be another good day skiing today,
IS