"Madman across the Water".

Old November 17th 03, 05:06 PM
Java Man (Espressopithecus)

Default "Madman across the Water".

In article ,
says...
"tm" skrev i melding
"pastyskinned herring-bloated whale-killer' norsemen?

Yeah, thats us. And herring is indeed good for your health. We eat a lot of
herring, just like the Swedes also do.

That explains why those panty-waist Swedes have achieved modest success
in the tough, manly sport of ice-hockey. Herring breath does wonders to
fend off fierce defencemen and fog the opposing goaltender's vision.
I've heard that Peter Forsberg chows down on smoked herring before every
game.

Rick
Old November 17th 03, 05:18 PM
Inger Skramstad Jørstad

"Doug Taylor" skrev i melding
All these posts by geographically challenged 'Merican dim wits and she's

the one that's retarded?

Yes, you got it quite right, all Murricans are rednecked dimwits, and all
the rest of us (Europeans, Aussies, and Arabs) are stoopid retards,
pretending without success to be know-it-all smartasses. All, except me,
that is.

Old November 17th 03, 05:39 PM
bdubya

On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 12:57:46 -0500, Walt
wrote:

"Inger Skramstad Jørstad" wrote:
"Walt" skrev

AFAIK, the only Arab country with skiing is Morocco.

You can also ski in Iran, but the Iranians are not Arabs.

Yah. Persians aren't Arabs. There's reputed to be some fine skiing in
Persia (Iran), but I hear that it's nearly as hard to get an apres ski
beer there as it is in Utah.

The real tough part (for many skiers) is finding a gore-tex chador.

bw
I smell an untapped market.....
Old November 17th 03, 08:14 PM
Inger Skramstad Jørstad

"Java Man (Espressopithecus)" skrev i melding
ble.net...
WOG meant "worthy oriental gentleman". It was both an acronym and a

euphemism.

Ah, you mean the French? I always thought they were called frogs?

Old November 17th 03, 08:17 PM
Inger Skramstad Jørstad

"The Real Bev" skrev i melding
"The WOGS begin at Calais" is a bit more comprehensive and was apparently

in use before Lord Palmerston's day.

Yes, the French, that is precisely what I thought. They are both oriental
and dark-skinned, and they eat stuff like snails in garlic and frogs.

Old November 17th 03, 08:27 PM
Schneck

"Brian Sniatkowski" wrote in message
Since your side of the of the water gave the world Hitler and Nazism,
Stalin, Milosevic, Mladic and their butchering minions, Ceausescu,
Saddam Hussein and countless murderous, butchers who called themselves
"King This", or "Queen That", I wouldn't be pointing fingers to this
side of the Atlantic when madness is discussed.

Considering American history is mostly borne from Europe in any case, I'd
have to say that any lunatics on the far side of the Atlantic have a lot to
do with us Eurpoeans... speaking as a Brit, probably us more than most! LOL!

Let's face it, nothing in the Universe can treat us human beings worse than
we treat each other. Brian here pointed out many nutters from recent
European history... and one from the Arab world!?!... and I can think of
plenty more. Neville Chamberlain {"I have in my hand a piece of paper that
guarantees peace in our time"... nutter, or what??}), Mussolini, Nero... the
list could go on! And I'm sure we could all think of a few American nutters
if we wanted to... my US history isn't too brilliant so I'll defer that to
someone else.

I think a famous quote (can't remember who said it, though) sums it up:
"Kill a few people, they'll call you a murderer. Kill a few million and
they'll call you a statesman!" Let's hope GWB doesn't want to be known as a
statesman, eh?

Old November 17th 03, 08:29 PM
The Real Bev

"Inger Skramstad Jørstad" wrote:

"Java Man (Espressopithecus)" skrev:

WOG meant "worthy oriental gentleman". It was both an acronym and a
euphemism.

Ah, you mean the French? I always thought they were called frogs?

Mon dieu! But that would make them CANNIBALS!

--
Cheers,
Bev
Old November 17th 03, 11:55 PM
Vern93

In article ,
"Inger Skramstad Jørstad" wrote:

"Vern93" skrev i melding
Hmmmm, let me ask this a delicately as possible... Are you hot?

Well, not right now, anyway.

Well drop a few pounds, buy some stripperwear, get all gussied up, and
then reply. Until then, we don't have a whole lot to talk about.

Dave