Advice needed on Burton Cascade and Nitro Shogun

Old January 13th 04, 10:04 AM
Barney

Default Advice needed on Burton Cascade and Nitro Shogun

"Arvin Chang" wrote in message
om...
Multiple replies in a single post

"WeatherCam" wrote in message news:btue13$j5i$1
"Barney" wrote in message
I don't want to argue or anything, but Donek do have info on their

site
about ordering into the EU. They give upfront prices that include the

import
tax, AFAIK.

Trouble is there' s import tax and then there's VAT at17.5% ( I think)

and
it's very much a lottery as to whether you get stung for this or not,
depending of customs decide to open package up and investigate - it's

quite
a gamble.......then if there's a ding in the board from shipping, you've

got
the hassle of sending it back and the costs........pre xmas I bought

some
kit from France and that turned into a bloody nightmare with pacakges

being
split up and not delivered - luckily I was going to France near where

the
shop was so I made a detour and picked the kit up from them whic had

been
returned to the shop by the French Postal service.

Also a mate of mine bought some K2 Clicker Boots from the US and he had

pay shed loads for that!! To guaraantee delivery and the like...

Buying small items fine - but larger ones.........

Regards
WC

Yea, I don't about buying overseas (in either direction). VAT is UK
only? Does Norway have a similar thing? I can definitely see the
potential for problems. For me I would like to have seen some other
people do it successfully (I mean I was already was a little
apprehensive about buying the Donek from within the US).

BTW, Sean Martin (who posts here occasionally) is actually the heart
and soul of Donek, and notable he is very careful not to blatantly
plug his own boards.

My worknmate Keith bought one last year. This was before Donek had the
pricing up for the EU, so he got stung with a bill a few months later.

Keith, you wanna comment on that?

Old January 13th 04, 02:07 PM
Keith

Yea, I don't about buying overseas (in either direction). VAT is UK
only? Does Norway have a similar thing? I can definitely see the
potential for problems. For me I would like to have seen some other
people do it successfully (I mean I was already was a little
apprehensive about buying the Donek from within the US).

BTW, Sean Martin (who posts here occasionally) is actually the heart
and soul of Donek, and notable he is very careful not to blatantly
plug his own boards.

My worknmate Keith bought one last year. This was before Donek had the
pricing up for the EU, so he got stung with a bill a few months later.

Keith, you wanna comment on that?

Yup. Got a note from FedEx (or whoever shipped it) notifying me of an extra
VAT charge a few days after the board arrived. Now, though, Donek's website
seems to imply that VAT is taken care of. I'm inclined to believe them: $360
+ 17.5% VAT = $423; add in shipping and you'll be getting close to the ?420
quoted on the site. Still a pretty good deal, I reckon!

Keith

Old January 13th 04, 10:49 PM
Arne Aas

Hi weathercam. Tried to e-mail you, but did not get through. I'm
posting the text here, but ignore the picture references. Send me an
e-mail if you want them.

You wrote:
One qusetion Arne - we've just had more details through of our Narvik
trip.....from our guide Per As. What tours do you do in and around
Narvik

Lyngen is about 220 kms from Narvik (probably a 3 1/2 hours drive). I
have attached two pictures, "lakselvtind.png" shows the area we are
in, "Narvik_and_Lakselvtind.png" shows Narvik in relation to Lyngen
(Narvik is bottom left).

We do not have very definite plans. We will be walking in the
mountains of Lyngen, for example Lakselvtind. There is plenty to
choose from. The jpg image is a picture of Lakselvtindane, just had to
add it. :-)

I've never been touring in Narvik, but I assume it is similar to
Lyngen: you can walk almost from sea level up to more than 1000
meters, boarding all the way down again. The mountains can be just as
wild or as mellow as you want. BTW, the ski resort in Narvik is
supposed to be VERY good when conditions are good.

- is there GPS mapping software for that area?

Yes, there is. I have it for Garmin GPS. You can get either 1:250000
or 1:50000 maps. The 1:250000 covers all of Norway on one CD, while
you need 20 1:50000 maps to cover all of Norway. For Narvik you need
the one called "Harstad". (Lyngen requires "Tromsų"). The CD's are
quite expensive, almost EUR100 for each. See these links:

http://www.norsk-naturbokhandel.no/d...ID=210971&sql=
http://www.norsk-naturbokhandel.no/liste.asp?GR=GPSkart

The attached word document shows an example of the type of GPS data
you get, this is Narvik centre and nearby mountains.

Good luck with your trip! Feel free to e-mail me any other questions
you may have, don't know of how much help I can be of though.

Regards,
Arne
Old April 12th 05, 10:16 AM
guust guust is offline
Junior Member

Location: the netherlands
Exclamation

hello.

i'm a nitro rider
a have a nitro natural 171 and the darkhorse 169.
i ride long boards because im 90kg and 1.90meters.

pls bay the nitro boards because you will feel ...it..!!!!

with your weight is recament you the shogun /darkhorse 166...