Who has night skiing in Denver area.

Old November 27th 03, 10:47 AM
Doug Adomatis

Default Who has night skiing in Denver area.

I'm staying in Georgetown and only have one day (Dec 6) to ski. Who has
night skiing?
- Doug

Old November 28th 03, 06:01 PM
Sam Seiber

Doug Adomatis wrote:

I'm staying in Georgetown and only have one day (Dec 6) to ski. Who has
night skiing?
- Doug

Keystone. It looks like they will have the lights on then.
http://keystone.snow.com/info/wintermountaininfo.asp

HTH, HAND.
Sam Seiber

Old November 29th 03, 12:57 AM
ant

"Sam Seiber" wrote in message
Doug Adomatis wrote:

I'm staying in Georgetown and only have one day (Dec 6) to ski. Who has
night skiing?
- Doug

Keystone. It looks like they will have the lights on then.
http://keystone.snow.com/info/wintermountaininfo.asp

I'd love to know who has better night skiing anywhere, than Keystone? They
used to make the usual "best" claims, but with opt-outs and limitations. But
I reckon Keystone's night skiing would be hard to beat, in terms of
quantity, length of runs, and steepness of runs lit. Who does it better?!

ant

Old November 29th 03, 03:30 PM
uglymoney

On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 19:57:56 CST, "ant"
wrote:

"Sam Seiber" wrote in message
Doug Adomatis wrote:

I'm staying in Georgetown and only have one day (Dec 6) to ski. Who has
night skiing?
- Doug

Keystone. It looks like they will have the lights on then.
http://keystone.snow.com/info/wintermountaininfo.asp

I'd love to know who has better night skiing anywhere, than Keystone? They
used to make the usual "best" claims, but with opt-outs and limitations. But
I reckon Keystone's night skiing would be hard to beat, in terms of
quantity, length of runs, and steepness of runs lit. Who does it better?!

Nowhere that I have ever been. I am on a general boycott of
the area because it is such a fine destination for skiing
tourists, and group tours. No place does it better than
Keystone, and I hate to clog up their slopes with my selfish
ice creating arcs.

For night skiing, it takes on a whole different attitude,
with uncrowded slopes that open up then dip into shadows and
make broad turns that keep unfamiliar skiers guessing as
they cruise at mach.

Not only are far fewer people on the hill, but they close a
lot of runs, which clean up the messy intersections that
plague the area during the day.

I think I enjoyed it most when I was an advanced teenager,
underage, with nothing else to do at night except ski.

We used to do the same thing at Jackson. Ski all day at the
hole, then go to Snowking for a couple hours after dinner.
Snowking's night skiing seems to have expanded and
contracted a few times since they put it in, going from
okay, to not worth it.

Do they still keep that restaurant open at top all night at
the top of Keystone?

Nate

Old November 30th 03, 02:26 PM
ant

"uglymoney" wrote

Nowhere that I have ever been. I am on a general boycott of
the area because it is such a fine destination for skiing
tourists, and group tours. No place does it better than
Keystone, and I hate to clog up their slopes with my selfish
ice creating arcs.

I'm boycotting it for the same reasons. Church Groups, brrrrr. In fact, I've
run back east to avoid it all.

For night skiing, it takes on a whole different attitude,
with uncrowded slopes that open up then dip into shadows and
make broad turns that keep unfamiliar skiers guessing as
they cruise at mach.

We often had training at night, and it was scary! People fanging down at
mach 1, they might turn to avoid the group. Maybe. Go Devil at night was
horrenous, especially if it hadn't snowed recently and it was hard.

Not only are far fewer people on the hill, but they close a
lot of runs, which clean up the messy intersections that
plague the area during the day.

Very true. Sideways collisions weren't such an issue. Just nose to tail
ones.

I think I enjoyed it most when I was an advanced teenager,
underage, with nothing else to do at night except ski.

urgh, that's about 20% of Keystone's clientele, 70% of the night skiing
clientele!

Do they still keep that restaurant open at top all night at
the top of Keystone?

They used to have Summit open, and North Peak...you got the Gondy up from
River Run (they would give you a big blanket if in civvies), then walk
across the snow, dodging skiiers, and get 2nd Gondy over to North Peak, for
posh expensive dinner. When the gondy busted the year I was there, they had
to close North Peak restaurant. I would often catch the main Gondy up at
night, in civvies, to use the freebie internet terminal in Summit House!
Easier than waiting in line for the net cafe in River Run.

I hear they've curtailed the night skiing hours a lot. When I was there, for
practicallly the whole season it was every night til 10pm. One light on
Schoolmarm shone in my bedroom window...

ant

Old November 30th 03, 07:31 PM
uglymoney

On Sun, 30 Nov 2003 09:26:55 CST, "ant"
wrote:

Not only are far fewer people on the hill, but they close a
lot of runs, which clean up the messy intersections that
plague the area during the day.

Very true. Sideways collisions weren't such an issue. Just nose to tail
ones.

I think I enjoyed it most when I was an advanced teenager,
underage, with nothing else to do at night except ski.

urgh, that's about 20% of Keystone's clientele, 70% of the night skiing
clientele!

Understandable though eh? Pretty slim entertainment options
for teenagers in a country that treats them like 5 year
olds.

Do they still keep that restaurant open at top all night at
the top of Keystone?

They used to have Summit open, and North Peak...you got the Gondy up from
River Run (they would give you a big blanket if in civvies), then walk
across the snow, dodging skiiers

Before they had the other lodge, and connecting Gondola,
they ran a restaurant at the top of the main (RiverRun)
gondola. For whatever reason, they never ID'd at night, and
so we'd get progressively more smashed as the nights
progressed - stopping for beers every couple of runs or so,
and we even got table service.

Plus we skied in groups. All of us from Iowa. We really
were a plague I suppose

But what else were we to do? We could play pool at the
Holiday Inn, or go to a movie, or iceskating, or go skiing
at Keystone and drink beer.

nate

Old December 1st 03, 03:28 PM
snoig

"Doug Adomatis" wrote in message thlink.net...
I'm staying in Georgetown and only have one day (Dec 6) to ski. Who has
night skiing?
- Doug

At that time of year, no one. Keystone has night skiing but usually
doesn't start until around christmas.

snoig

Old December 1st 03, 03:29 PM
Walt

"Doug Adomatis" wrote in message thlink.net...

I'm staying in Georgetown and only have one day (Dec 6) to ski. Who has
night skiing?

DYODW. www.goski.com

Don't forget to counter-rotate.

//Walt

Old December 1st 03, 03:36 PM
Chester Bullock

snoig wrote:

"Doug Adomatis" wrote in message thlink.net...

I'm staying in Georgetown and only have one day (Dec 6) to ski. Who has
night skiing?
- Doug

At that time of year, no one. Keystone has night skiing but usually
doesn't start until around christmas.

snoig

They were all lit up last night as I drove by on my way back to Denver
from Vegas. Night skiing dates are posted he
http://keystone.snow.com/info/nightskiing.asp

Looks like they will be open until 8pm on 12/6.

--
Chester Bullock,
Ethical, custom website hosting, design and programming

Old December 1st 03, 03:39 PM
Monique Y. Herman

On Mon, 01 Dec 2003 at 16:28 GMT, snoig penned:
"Doug Adomatis" wrote in message
thlink.net...
I'm staying in Georgetown and only have one day (Dec 6) to ski. Who
has night skiing? - Doug

At that time of year, no one. Keystone has night skiing but usually
doesn't start until around christmas.

snoig

Hey, how 'bout checking your facts?

http://keystone.snow.com/info/nightskiing.asp

* Night Skiing until 8:00pm
November 26 - 30, 2003; Wednesday - Sunday
December 5 - 7, 2003; Friday - Sunday
December 12 - 14, 2003; Friday - Sunday
December 19, 2003 - January 4, 2003; Nightly
January 7 - 11, 2004; Wed. - Sun. (Closed Mon. & Tues.)
January 14 - 18, 2004; Wed. - Sun. (Closed Mon. & Tues.)
January 21 - 25, 2004; Wed. - Sun. (Closed Mon. & Tues.)
January 28 - February 1, 2004; Wed. - Sun. (Closed Mon. & Tues.)
February 4 - 8, 2004; Wed. - Sun. (Closed Mon. & Tues.)
February 11 - 15, 2004; Wed. - Sun. (Closed Mon. & Tues.)
February 18 - 22, 2004; Wed. - Sun. (Closed Mon. & Tues.)
February 25 - 29, 2004; Wed. - Sun. (Closed Mon. & Tues.)
March 3 - 28, 2004; Nightly
* Your day ticket is all you need, but special rates are available
for late arrivals.
* Guests staying at Keystone receive free night skiing on night of
arrival with your Adventure Passport.

Granted, I suspect that the only lighted run is a green, but night
skiing appears to be up and running.

--
monique

Night skiing don martin Nordic Skiing 10 December 3rd 04 04:45 PM
Masters Skiing Camps Nordic Skiing Instruction Nordic Skiing 0 November 1st 04 12:47 PM
Night Skiing and some Kenny Alpine Skiing 3 December 31st 03 05:16 AM
skiing in DC area with children Greg Trafton Alpine Skiing 10 December 13th 03 12:50 AM