New boots, adjust bindings?

Old December 3rd 04, 02:50 AM
Lisa Horton

The Real Bev wrote:

Lisa Horton wrote:

lal_truckee wrote:

Lisa Horton wrote:

Not only that, I successfully avoided all the ski clothing and
everything that was on sale

Didn't you even pick up some orange shorts? White tank top?

You know, every time that gets mentioned now, I think of Horvath wearing
his orange shorts and white tank top, as instructed. Without even
knowing what he actually looks like, it's an amusing thought. The more
body hair I imagine, the more amusing it is.

According to his self-published photograph he has NO body hair and very
poor muscular definition. He does have the guts to wear a Speedo,
though, so I guess that counts for something.

He waxes? Although the Speedo counts for something, a glance at any
European beach shows any number of men with the guts to wear a Speedo,
but without the sense to realize that men with large bellys shouldn't
wear Speedos

OTOH, I do feel sorry for those young women who have so little to offer
the job market that they're willing to degrade themselves like that.
It's a step above "exotic dancing", but just a step.

I'd say it's a definite cut above burger flipping and it undoubtedly
beats the hell out of selling towels at Sears.

I can't agree there, as I don't see burger flipping or retail clerking
as sexually degrading.

Besides, without a belt, where would I clip my belt knife?

Thigh scabbard.

Nice Best for a non folder though. I usually wear a liner lock.
The bigger blades are actually illegal to wear out of the house around
here though. And that's not even counting the throwing and other double
edged daggers.

Probably changed now, but in the mid 90's, in Italy, I could fly with a
6" double edged dagger on my person, no problems.

Lisa
Old December 3rd 04, 04:21 AM
The Real Bev

Lisa Horton wrote:

The Real Bev wrote:

Lisa Horton wrote:

lal_truckee wrote:

Lisa Horton wrote:

Not only that, I successfully avoided all the ski clothing and
everything that was on sale

Didn't you even pick up some orange shorts? White tank top?

You know, every time that gets mentioned now, I think of Horvath wearing
his orange shorts and white tank top, as instructed. Without even
knowing what he actually looks like, it's an amusing thought. The more
body hair I imagine, the more amusing it is.

According to his self-published photograph he has NO body hair and very
poor muscular definition. He does have the guts to wear a Speedo,
though, so I guess that counts for something.

He waxes? Although the Speedo counts for something, a glance at any
European beach shows any number of men with the guts to wear a Speedo,
but without the sense to realize that men with large bellys shouldn't
wear Speedos

The potato goes in front, but the whole sack is a bit much.

OTOH, I do feel sorry for those young women who have so little to offer
the job market that they're willing to degrade themselves like that.
It's a step above "exotic dancing", but just a step.

I'd say it's a definite cut above burger flipping and it undoubtedly
beats the hell out of selling towels at Sears.

I can't agree there, as I don't see burger flipping or retail clerking
as sexually degrading.

It's only degrading if you only make minimum wage. Having sold towels
and bedding, I'm pretty sure that simpering "And would you like a slab
of cheese wiggle nodnodnod on that meaty delicious burger?" is no more
degrading than being asked to match (AND ACTUALLY TOUCH) a worn-out
horseblanket that hasn't been washed in living memory.

Besides, without a belt, where would I clip my belt knife?

Thigh scabbard.

Nice Best for a non folder though. I usually wear a liner lock.
The bigger blades are actually illegal to wear out of the house around
here though. And that's not even counting the throwing and other double
edged daggers.

I have a buck knife with a blade that I was assured by a person who
should know is definitely illegal. Hey, what if it's a BIG block of
cheese?

Probably changed now, but in the mid 90's, in Italy, I could fly with a
6" double edged dagger on my person, no problems.

When they take away the little screwdriver in your eyeglass-repair kit,
it does seem a bit like overkill.

--
Cheers,
Bev
Old December 3rd 04, 07:56 AM
Richard Henry

"The Real Bev" wrote in message
Lisa Horton wrote:

Probably changed now, but in the mid 90's, in Italy, I could fly with a
6" double edged dagger on my person, no problems.

When they take away the little screwdriver in your eyeglass-repair kit,
it does seem a bit like overkill.

I have around here somewhere* a money clip that has two little penknife
blades that fold out from it. I usually have it clipped on my small bills
in my pocket; $20's and larger stay in the wallet. When I pass through
security, I put the clip and bills in the plastic bypass tray when I pass
through the metal detector. No one ever gives it a look. I have, however,
been poked in the testicles with a wand when I was picked out for "random"
screning. I guess money is more private than genitals.

*I was cleaning out my pockets one night when the clip slid off the bills.
I heard it hit the carpet next to the bookshelf, but I couldn't find it. I
guess when I finally move that bookcase it might turn up.

Old December 3rd 04, 10:33 AM
Harry Weiner

On Thu, 02 Dec 2004 19:34:33 -0800, Lisa Horton
wrote this crap:

You know, every time that gets mentioned now, I think of Horvath wearing
his orange shorts and white tank top, as instructed. Without even
knowing what he actually looks like, it's an amusing thought. The more
body hair I imagine, the more amusing it is.

I'll bet $10 in Hooter's Gift Certificates that it makes your nipples
hard.

My T-shirt says, "This shirt is the
ultimate power in the universe."
Old December 3rd 04, 05:25 PM
Dmitry

"Lisa Horton" wrote

OTOH, I do feel sorry for those young women who have so little to offer
the job market that they're willing to degrade themselves like that.
It's a step above "exotic dancing", but just a step.

I'd say it's a definite cut above burger flipping and it undoubtedly
beats the hell out of selling towels at Sears.

I can't agree there, as I don't see burger flipping or retail clerking
as sexually degrading.

Did it ever crossed you mind that they might be enjoying it and also
geting paid for their fun? I guess not

Old December 3rd 04, 05:59 PM
Lisa Horton

Dmitry wrote:

"Lisa Horton" wrote

OTOH, I do feel sorry for those young women who have so little to offer
the job market that they're willing to degrade themselves like that.
It's a step above "exotic dancing", but just a step.

I'd say it's a definite cut above burger flipping and it undoubtedly
beats the hell out of selling towels at Sears.

I can't agree there, as I don't see burger flipping or retail clerking
as sexually degrading.

Did it ever crossed you mind that they might be enjoying it and also
geting paid for their fun? I guess not

Look at it this way Dmitry, imagine you were offered a job wearing tight
shorts and a tank top, serving food/drinks at an establishment catering
to gay men. Where many of those men would talk to you not looking at
your face, but at another part of your anatomy. Or leering at it, I
should say.

I've known women who were "exotic dancers" who enjoyed it, enjoyed the
attention. I still consider that job degrading to women. Your opinion
may vary, of course.

Lisa
Old December 3rd 04, 08:34 PM
Dmitry

"Lisa Horton" wrote

OTOH, I do feel sorry for those young women who have so little to offer
the job market that they're willing to degrade themselves like that.
It's a step above "exotic dancing", but just a step.

I'd say it's a definite cut above burger flipping and it undoubtedly
beats the hell out of selling towels at Sears.

I can't agree there, as I don't see burger flipping or retail clerking
as sexually degrading.

Did it ever crossed you mind that they might be enjoying it and also
geting paid for their fun? I guess not

Look at it this way Dmitry, imagine you were offered a job wearing tight
shorts and a tank top, serving food/drinks at an establishment catering
to gay men. Where many of those men would talk to you not looking at
your face, but at another part of your anatomy. Or leering at it, I
should say.

I'm straight and don't like showing off, so I wouldn't be able to enjoy it. There
definitely are people who enjoy this sort of thing a lot (on both ends), and this
is just fine (or show me what exactly is wrong with such behavior).

What is sexualy degrading is when people have a thick hard wire in their
heads that links "sexuality" with "sin". Because then sex degrades into
wigglng through a labyrinth of taboos, and very few people can actually
enjoy it to the fullest.

I've known women who were "exotic dancers" who enjoyed it, enjoyed the
attention. I still consider that job degrading to women. Your opinion
may vary, of course.

How is it degrading? In putting that women lower in a social ladder then she
would be or you imply something else?

Old December 4th 04, 12:49 AM
The Real Bev

Richard Henry wrote:

"The Real Bev" wrote:
Lisa Horton wrote:

Probably changed now, but in the mid 90's, in Italy, I could fly with a
6" double edged dagger on my person, no problems.

When they take away the little screwdriver in your eyeglass-repair kit,
it does seem a bit like overkill.

I have around here somewhere* a money clip that has two little penknife
blades that fold out from it. I usually have it clipped on my small bills
in my pocket; $20's and larger stay in the wallet. When I pass through
security, I put the clip and bills in the plastic bypass tray when I pass
through the metal detector. No one ever gives it a look. I have, however,
been poked in the testicles with a wand when I was picked out for "random"
screning. I guess money is more private than genitals.

Perhaps you were suspected of smuggling brass balls? Maybe you just
look like that kind of guy. "Poked with a wand" -- doesn't sound too
friendly.

*I was cleaning out my pockets one night when the clip slid off the bills.
I heard it hit the carpet next to the bookshelf, but I couldn't find it. I
guess when I finally move that bookcase it might turn up.

No. It fell into the hitherto-unsuspected memory hole in your house.
Everybody's house has one. Mine certainly does, and it moves around.

--
Cheers,
Bev
Old December 4th 04, 01:04 AM
Lisa Horton

wrote this crap:

You know, every time that gets mentioned now, I think of Horvath wearing
his orange shorts and white tank top, as instructed. Without even
knowing what he actually looks like, it's an amusing thought. The more
body hair I imagine, the more amusing it is.

I'll bet $10 in Hooter's Gift Certificates that it makes your nipples
hard.

Don't worry, you're still cute in your shorts and tank top, even skinny
and hairless. Probably cuter this way actually

Lisa
Old December 4th 04, 01:09 AM
Lisa Horton

The Real Bev wrote:

Lisa Horton wrote:

The Real Bev wrote:

Lisa Horton wrote:

lal_truckee wrote:

Lisa Horton wrote:

[...]

That is SO gross! I can see how hooters seems benign in comparison!

Besides, without a belt, where would I clip my belt knife?

Thigh scabbard.

Nice Best for a non folder though. I usually wear a liner lock.
The bigger blades are actually illegal to wear out of the house around
here though. And that's not even counting the throwing and other double
edged daggers.

I have a buck knife with a blade that I was assured by a person who
should know is definitely illegal. Hey, what if it's a BIG block of
cheese?

Hmmm, I wonder just what the limit is in CA. I had assumed that my foot
long Bowie knife was legal, now I wonder. Anyway, you sound like
someone I'd like

Probably changed now, but in the mid 90's, in Italy, I could fly with a
6" double edged dagger on my person, no problems.

When they take away the little screwdriver in your eyeglass-repair kit,
it does seem a bit like overkill.

Especially when you consider that at the very moment your tiny
screwdriver is being taken away, under your feet there are people who
have free access to the airplane you're getting on, and they're NOT
searched, and often haven't had their background checked. Terrorists
don't need to bring weapons on board, they can have confederates on the
ground crews plant them in advance.

Anyway.... back to skiing!

Lisa