Broken Swix Iron

Old February 6th 04, 05:37 PM
Fred Kueffer

Default Broken Swix Iron

Anyone know what to do when a Swix iron ($100 pre-2004 model) does not
produce any heat. I have TWO of these irons in which the green light
is on all of the time, no matter what setting the temperature control
dial is set on. When I plug my iron in, the first indicator light to
appear is the green light. Never red/blinking red.

Both irons were working, and both stopped producing heat halfway
through a wax application.

Thanks.
Fred
Old February 6th 04, 08:39 PM
Trukweaz

How old are the irons? What model?
Old February 7th 04, 12:43 AM
Jay Tegeder

Freddy,

My Toko blew up this year. I went to Finn Sisu and bought a new Swix
iron. I took the Toko apart and now have parts lying on the basement
floor.

Jay Tegeder
"On the podium if the right people don't show up!" JT

Old February 7th 04, 07:18 PM
Fred Kueffer

Model: T7311
Both irons were purchased 3 years ago, but each have only been in use
for 1.5 seasons.

Thanks for any help that can be provided.
-Fred

Old February 16th 04, 10:53 PM
Unlock

Wow those are almost brand new and only come with a 1 yr warranty.

Sounds coincidental that they both broke at the same time?

Perhaps a surge could have damaged some sort of fuse?

Maybe try to buzz out any of them if you can open them up and are inclined
to do so with a multimeter.

om...

Old February 17th 04, 06:41 AM
Gene Goldenfeld

You might call Swix customer service and ask, or talk to Roger Knight at
the Birkie this week. If they can't fix them, they might be willing to
cut a deal on one sitting around. Two going bad seems unusual.

Gene