Over 40 boarders getting anxious?

Old September 21st 05, 12:35 AM
Chuck

Default Over 40 boarders getting anxious?

Hey how many over 40 boarders like myself are going nuts for fresh snow
about now?

Chuck
Old September 21st 05, 11:17 AM
Switters

On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 00:35:57 GMT, Chuck
allegedly wrote:

Hey how many over 40 boarders like myself are going nuts for fresh snow
about now?

I'm the other side of 40, but still keen to get some tracks. Does that
count?

- Dave.

http://www.vpas.org/ - Snowboarding the worlds pow pow -
Securing your e-mail

The Snowboard FAQ lives here - http://rssFAQ.org/
Old September 21st 05, 11:50 AM
Christopher Cox

I do not believe you have to be over forty to be getting a little
anxious by now. My son is tiring of skate parks.

We have been working out this year to stay in shape for the slopes.

But the grim reality is that boarding is 3 months away here.

Regards,

Chris

Old September 21st 05, 01:11 PM
tg

"Chuck" wrote in message
Hey how many over 40 boarders like myself are going nuts for fresh snow
about now?

Chuck

Over 40, already have a Feb.Cat/heli trip booked, working on a family one
at Xmas, and watching the web cams in BC, CO, and UT. Can't wait. Will hit
SLC as soon as there is enough snow to have fun. If you are into this stuff
(okay optimistic) talked to my BC friends this year and they said the
huckleberries are loaded compared to last years terrible crop. A good
sign?????

Old September 21st 05, 01:19 PM
Tiburon27

This young buck's "only" 31 and I'm chompin' at the bit to take out my new
board.
-Ken

PS. Hey tg, do you need anyone to carry your luggage?

Old September 21st 05, 02:05 PM
tg

"Tiburon27" wrote in message
. ..
This young buck's "only" 31 and I'm chompin' at the bit to take out my new
board.
-Ken

PS. Hey tg, do you need anyone to carry your luggage?

Just taking advantage of cheap rates by booking early! Hitting Red in BC
again this year - new cat operation there - check out Big Red Snowcats
(www.bigredcats.com) that looks good. Went to Red last year during Pineapple
Express - Conditions were marginal (okay terrible) but still had fun. I
think it would be awesome in a good year, especially the Paradise lift side
if you like trees and glades. Had some snow up there last week from what I
hear.

Old September 21st 05, 09:00 PM
Chuck

allegedly wrote:

Hey how many over 40 boarders like myself are going nuts for fresh snow
about now?

I'm the other side of 40, but still keen to get some tracks. Does that
count?

- Dave.

Indeed it does Dave...aint nothing wrong with greybeards hitting the slopes
Old September 21st 05, 09:25 PM
Richard Lumsden

Hey , I'm 54 and getting real anxious. I broke my collar bone (in 3 places)
in April at MT. Tremblant the last day of the season. I go in for exrays Oct
4 to see how it has healed. I've got my fingers crossed but think I'll be
riding switch for a while. Let it snow . Richard

Old September 22nd 05, 05:50 AM
Slaughterhouse

34 years old, booked my Marmot trip for early March back in early June.
Bought 2 SUTP books for the Banff lift ticket coupons so plan to go there a
few times this year. Bought season passes to my local hill in mid August and
am already rubbing a diamond stone on all my board edges to get rid of
anything other than a perfectly polished surface. Expecting snow at the end
of October.

Old September 30th 05, 02:40 AM
bri719

Chuck wrote:
Hey how many over 40 boarders like myself are going nuts for fresh snow
about now?

nah, only 31 here...

bri :-]

--