Used ski advice, ski binding question

Old March 10th 04, 10:04 AM
Patrick G. Bridges

Default Used ski advice, ski binding question

I'm looking at getting some used demo skis relatively soon and thought
I'd ask for advice on the skis as well as ask what I'm sure is a
simple question.

I'm 6'2", 205 lbs, decently strong intermediate skier who is
comfortable on most all blues and looking to move up to easy blacks
soon. I ski northern new mexico (santa fe, angel fire, sandia) and
southern colorado (wolf creek, purgatory), primarily, probably on the
order of 10 days per year at this point. I own boots (Rossi Salto STs)
but have never owned skis, so I'm looking for an inexpensive ski that
I can take most anywhere without too much problem, both on the powdery
conditions that prevail at wolf creek and the packed/crusty/icy/slushy
conditions that aren't uncommon in New Mexico at times.

The two (used, demo) skis I'm considering at this point that I can get
for good price are Atomic R10.20 and Dynastar Intuitiv 69C skis. Are
these reasonable skis given what I'm looking for?

Both sets of skis are in good condition with demo bindings (Atomic
Centro 412 and Rossi FX110, respectively.) If I later wanted to add
non-demo bindings to these skis, would I have to have them re-drilled?
They both have some sort of plate adapter system, but I'm not sure how
attaching to those in the case of each of these skis works. One person
I talked to briefly seemed to imply that you still have to drill on
the 69C, but I wasn't completely clear on this...

--
-Patrick Bridges GPG Key ID = CB074C71
GPG Key fingerprint = FEEA ECFF 1E23 148C 2804 FDD9 DB63 6993 CB07 4C71

"Anyone that can't make money on Sports Night should get out of the
money-making business" - Calvin, on the last episode of Sports Night

Dumb seasonal question - any advice? Tom Snowboarding 3 March 23rd 04 07:49 PM
Newbie Binding Setup Question Joe Blanchard Snowboarding 2 February 26th 04 07:57 PM
Binding Question Wes Gardner Alpine Skiing 1 February 22nd 04 07:42 PM
Binding Question Wes Gardner General 0 February 22nd 04 01:45 PM
ski advice question from a newbie Bill Kraus Alpine Skiing 2 August 20th 03 06:10 PM