Gloat? New boots....

Old November 9th 08, 07:47 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Jay Pique

Default Gloat? New boots....

Went up to the ski swap today. After my boots exploded last year, I
was hoping to find a replacement - and I did. Technica Diablo Race
130s, appear to have been skied in maybe half a dozen times, for 90
bucks. The little waffling on the heel and toe isn't even worn at
all.

That's it, that's all I've got. Carry on.

JP
Old November 9th 08, 10:20 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

Jay Pique wrote:

Went up to the ski swap today. After my boots exploded last year, I
was hoping to find a replacement - and I did. Technica Diablo Race
130s, appear to have been skied in maybe half a dozen times, for 90
bucks. The little waffling on the heel and toe isn't even worn at
all.

If they fit your feet, you got a screaming deal.

If they don't, you wasted ninety bucks.

//Walt
Old November 9th 08, 11:25 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Jay Pique

On Nov 9, 6:20*pm, Walt wrote:
Jay Pique wrote:
Went up to the ski swap today. *After my boots exploded last year, I
was hoping to find a replacement - and I did. *Technica Diablo Race
130s, appear to have been skied in maybe half a dozen times, for 90
bucks. *The little waffling on the heel and toe isn't even worn at
all.

If they fit your feet, you got a screaming deal.

If they don't, you wasted ninety bucks.

They're definitely a little roomy, but I figure I can just wear 3-4
pairs of socks. That way I won't have to worry about my feet getting
cold either.

JP
Old November 10th 08, 12:05 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
JQ

"Jay Pique" wrote in message
On Nov 9, 6:20 pm, Walt wrote:
Jay Pique wrote:
Went up to the ski swap today. After my boots exploded last year, I
was hoping to find a replacement - and I did. Technica Diablo Race
130s, appear to have been skied in maybe half a dozen times, for 90
bucks. The little waffling on the heel and toe isn't even worn at
all.

If they fit your feet, you got a screaming deal.

If they don't, you wasted ninety bucks.

They're definitely a little roomy, but I figure I can just wear 3-4
pairs of socks. That way I won't have to worry about my feet getting
cold either.

JP

Yes, and when your feet blister all up you won't need the extra socks...

JQ
Dancing on the edge

Old November 10th 08, 01:32 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

Jay Pique wrote:
On Nov 9, 6:20 pm, Walt wrote:
Jay Pique wrote:
Went up to the ski swap today. After my boots exploded last year, I
was hoping to find a replacement - and I did. Technica Diablo Race
130s, appear to have been skied in maybe half a dozen times, for 90
bucks. The little waffling on the heel and toe isn't even worn at
all.

If they fit your feet, you got a screaming deal.

If they don't, you wasted ninety bucks.

They're definitely a little roomy...

You just wasted ninety bucks.

//Walt
Old November 10th 08, 01:38 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
hr(bob) [email protected]

On Nov 9, 8:32*pm, Walt wrote:
Jay Pique wrote:
On Nov 9, 6:20 pm, Walt wrote:
Jay Pique wrote:
Went up to the ski swap today. *After my boots exploded last year, I
was hoping to find a replacement - and I did. *Technica Diablo Race
130s, appear to have been skied in maybe half a dozen times, for 90
bucks. *The little waffling on the heel and toe isn't even worn at
all.
If they fit your feet, you got a screaming deal.

If they don't, you wasted ninety bucks.

They're definitely a little roomy...

You just wasted ninety bucks.

//Walt

Why not try putting some filler material between the outer boot and
the liner to take up some of the space???

Bob Hofmann
Old November 10th 08, 01:54 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
lal_truckee

hr(bob) wrote:
On Nov 9, 8:32 pm, Walt wrote:
Jay Pique wrote:
On Nov 9, 6:20 pm, Walt wrote:
Jay Pique wrote:
Went up to the ski swap today. After my boots exploded last year, I
was hoping to find a replacement - and I did. Technica Diablo Race
130s, appear to have been skied in maybe half a dozen times, for 90
bucks. The little waffling on the heel and toe isn't even worn at
all.
If they fit your feet, you got a screaming deal.
If they don't, you wasted ninety bucks.
They're definitely a little roomy...

You just wasted ninety bucks.

//Walt

Why not try putting some filler material between the outer boot and
the liner to take up some of the space???

Bob Hofmann

Actually, any filler goes under the footbed to raise the foot into
contact with the inner. Outside-the-upper inserts around the ankle bone
and/or the achilles can sometimes help particular issues, but for
general size reduction, nope.

If one goes footbed raising to reduce volume use plastic shims cut to
fit the footbed - one doesn't want any excess compressibles under there.
It might still be possible to salvage the boots. BTW, thick socks often
make the wearer colder, not warmer, since the results can be compression
reduction of circulation.

good luck to the original poster.
Old November 10th 08, 05:14 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
VtSkier

Jay Pique wrote:
On Nov 9, 6:20 pm, Walt wrote:
Jay Pique wrote:
Went up to the ski swap today. After my boots exploded last year, I
was hoping to find a replacement - and I did. Technica Diablo Race
130s, appear to have been skied in maybe half a dozen times, for 90
bucks. The little waffling on the heel and toe isn't even worn at
all.

If they fit your feet, you got a screaming deal.

If they don't, you wasted ninety bucks.

They're definitely a little roomy, but I figure I can just wear 3-4
pairs of socks. That way I won't have to worry about my feet getting
cold either.

One hopes you are jesting.
Old November 10th 08, 07:30 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
A mighty Hungarian warrior

On Sun, 9 Nov 2008 12:47:07 -0800 (PST), Jay Pique
wrote this crap:

Went up to the ski swap today. After my boots exploded last year, I
was hoping to find a replacement - and I did. Technica Diablo Race
130s, appear to have been skied in maybe half a dozen times, for 90
bucks. The little waffling on the heel and toe isn't even worn at
all.

That's it, that's all I've got. Carry on.

JP

Are there any swords at the ski swap? Can I get one at a decent
price?

A mighty Hungarian warrior
The blood of Attila runs through me