Gloat? New boots....

Old November 10th 08, 07:39 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
A mighty Hungarian warrior

Default Gloat? New boots....

On Sun, 9 Nov 2008 12:47:07 -0800 (PST), Jay Pique
wrote this crap:

Went up to the ski swap today. After my boots exploded last year, I
was hoping to find a replacement - and I did. Technica Diablo Race
130s, appear to have been skied in maybe half a dozen times, for 90
bucks. The little waffling on the heel and toe isn't even worn at
all.

That's it, that's all I've got. Carry on.

JP

When dealing with merchants, carry a mighty sword in one hand and a
sack of gold in the other. If the merchant is honorable, he will look
at the gold, not at the sword.

If he sells you shoddy merchandize, perhaps ripped in the crotch, run
him through with the sword.

A mighty Hungarian warrior
The blood of Attila runs through me
Old November 10th 08, 12:30 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

A mighty Hungarian warrior wrote:

Are there any swords at the ski swap?

There was a pair of Volant Machetes.

Can I get one at a decent price?

No. They come as a pair. You'll have to buy two.

//Walt
Old November 10th 08, 03:05 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
lal_truckee

A mighty Hungarian warrior wrote:

Are there any swords at the ski swap? Can I get one at a decent
price?

Possibly. You can find Machetes which is not quite the same thing, but
close; and after you slash the belly of an enemy and spill his guts he
probably won't realize it wasn't a Jen-you-eyene sword.

More interestingly the Machete skis (made by K2 so you know who was
responsible for this sillyness) have a picture of a scimitar (which IS a
Jen-you-eyene sword) on them as their logo - looks nothing like a machete.

Bye
Old November 10th 08, 04:55 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
VtSkier

lal_truckee wrote:
A mighty Hungarian warrior wrote:

Are there any swords at the ski swap? Can I get one at a decent
price?

Possibly. You can find Machetes which is not quite the same thing, but
close; and after you slash the belly of an enemy and spill his guts he
probably won't realize it wasn't a Jen-you-eyene sword.

More interestingly the Machete skis (made by K2 so you know who was
responsible for this sillyness) have a picture of a scimitar (which IS a
Jen-you-eyene sword) on them as their logo - looks nothing like a machete.

Bye

Really? I thought Machetes were Volants
made by Atomic.
Old November 10th 08, 05:01 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

lal_truckee wrote:
A mighty Hungarian warrior wrote:

Are there any swords at the ski swap? Can I get one at a decent
price?

Possibly. You can find Machetes which is not quite the same thing, but
close; and after you slash the belly of an enemy and spill his guts he
probably won't realize it wasn't a Jen-you-eyene sword.

More interestingly the Machete skis (made by K2 so you know who was
responsible for this sillyness) have a picture of a scimitar (which IS a
Jen-you-eyene sword) on them as their logo - looks nothing like a machete.

Last year's Völkl Mantras had a picture of a sword on them. I'm not
sure what a mantra has to do with a sword, but the kids seem to react
well to it. Pictu http://skisreview.com/volkl-mantra

This year's Mantra has a stop-motion picture of a cricket batsman in the
crease. Again, no idea what that has to do with meditation.
Pictu http://global.skipass.com/gearguide/.../mantra-2.html

//Walt

Old November 10th 08, 06:13 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

VtSkier wrote:
lal_truckee wrote:
A mighty Hungarian warrior wrote:

Are there any swords at the ski swap? Can I get one at a decent
price?

More interestingly the Machete skis (made by K2 so you know who was
responsible for this sillyness) have a picture of a scimitar (which IS
a Jen-you-eyene sword) on them as their logo - looks nothing like a
machete.

Really? I thought Machetes were Volants
made by Atomic.

Right, they're Volants. No idea who actually makes them.

But lal's right that the graphic is not a machete. I'm not sure if it's
a scimitar, though. It looks more like a Dao to me, but what do I know?
Here's a picture, you be the judge:
http://us.st12.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.c..._2026_39199873

BTW, the Völkl Katana is a ski actually named after a sword with the
right picture on it. But I've never see one at a swap.

But I digress. Neither Machete, nor Scimitar, nor Dao, nor Katana is
the sword for our mighty hungarian warrior. He wants one of these:
http://www.freeride.co.uk/img/review/large/1515.jpg

//Walt
Old November 10th 08, 07:10 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev

Walt wrote:

But I digress. Neither Machete, nor Scimitar, nor Dao, nor Katana is
the sword for our mighty hungarian warrior. He wants one of these:
http://www.freeride.co.uk/img/review/large/1515.jpg

A spatula? "I am a mightly Hungarian warrior. I will kill your men,
rape your women and serve pancakes to your children."

--
Cheers, Bev
His men would follow him anywhere, but only out of morbid curiosity.
Old November 10th 08, 08:10 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
lal_truckee

VtSkier wrote:
lal_truckee wrote:
A mighty Hungarian warrior wrote:

Are there any swords at the ski swap? Can I get one at a decent
price?

Possibly. You can find Machetes which is not quite the same thing, but
close; and after you slash the belly of an enemy and spill his guts he
probably won't realize it wasn't a Jen-you-eyene sword.

More interestingly the Machete skis (made by K2 so you know who was
responsible for this sillyness) have a picture of a scimitar (which IS
a Jen-you-eyene sword) on them as their logo - looks nothing like a
machete.

Bye

Really? I thought Machetes were Volants
made by Atomic.

Hell, I don't know - you're probably correct. I haven't skied a K2 since
the 710s, nor a volant ever, except on freebie demo days when I try
everything.

But whoever's responsible for the scimitar/machete sillyness, it is
still silly.

I mentioned the scimitar mislabeling to someone on the lift and they
didn't know what I was on about. Did the crusades make no impression?
Have people no sense of history? Do they not know of Saladin whipping
Cour de lion in the battle of Jerusalem in 1191, swinging scimitars.
Sure made an impression on the few crusaders who returned with their
heads, and a bigger impression on the necks of those who didn't return.

I bet Horvath the Bold knows his blades, and can identify a scimitar
when it's arcing toward his neck.
Old November 10th 08, 10:01 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
A mighty Hungarian warrior

On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 13:10:52 -0800, lal_truckee
wrote this crap:

I bet Horvath the Bold knows his blades, and can identify a scimitar
when it's arcing toward his neck.

Indeed he can. I can wield a claymore, but I prefer a one-and-a-half,
and sometimes I prefer a samurai sword.

Old November 12th 08, 10:49 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Jay Pique

On Nov 10, 1:14*am, VtSkier wrote:
Jay Pique wrote:
On Nov 9, 6:20 pm, Walt wrote:
Jay Pique wrote:
Went up to the ski swap today. *After my boots exploded last year, I
was hoping to find a replacement - and I did. *Technica Diablo Race
130s, appear to have been skied in maybe half a dozen times, for 90
bucks. *The little waffling on the heel and toe isn't even worn at
all.
If they fit your feet, you got a screaming deal.

If they don't, you wasted ninety bucks.

They're definitely a little roomy, but I figure I can just wear 3-4
pairs of socks. *That way I won't have to worry about my feet getting
cold either.

One hopes you are jesting.

Yeah, I am. Is it just me, or does it seem like the gullability level
here has skyrocketed in the absence of YKW?

JP
Snugger than a bug in a rug.