SNIAGRAB Offerings -- Appreciate Constructive Opinions

Old October 14th 05, 04:37 PM
Wardo

Default SNIAGRAB Offerings -- Appreciate Constructive Opinions

Hey All,

I noticed a pair of Atomic R9's in 180 cm length at Gart Sports for $199. I
also noticed the K2 Escape Cruiser, and Escape Synchro in 174 cm length for
$169. I ski an Atomic Beta Carv C6 in 180 cm length right now. I really
like the way this ski handles, but I cracked the edges on both skis last
season. I ski mostly with my daughter now while she learns to snowboard on
Blues and some Greens. If I head up with an old ski buddy, just about any
type of terrain could be encountered. I would appreciate any feedback or
construction opinions on these skis.

Wardo

Old October 14th 05, 05:28 PM
Wardo

Um, check that...should read constructive opinions. ;-)

Old October 14th 05, 10:36 PM
Scott Phelps

"Wardo" wrote in message
Hey All,

I noticed a pair of Atomic R9's in 180 cm length at Gart Sports for $199.
also noticed the K2 Escape Cruiser, and Escape Synchro in 174 cm length
for
$169. I ski an Atomic Beta Carv C6 in 180 cm length right now. I really
like the way this ski handles, but I cracked the edges on both skis last
season. I ski mostly with my daughter now while she learns to snowboard
on
Blues and some Greens. If I head up with an old ski buddy, just about any
type of terrain could be encountered. I would appreciate any feedback or
construction opinions on these skis.

Wardo

If you do buy, besure to go back at the end of Sniagrab and see if they have
rasied the discounts any and pricematch!

I did this last year and got 100 bucks back!

Old October 17th 05, 09:58 AM
Jeremy Mortimer

"Wardo" wrote in :

Hey All,

I noticed a pair of Atomic R9's in 180 cm length at Gart Sports for
$199. I also noticed the K2 Escape Cruiser, and Escape Synchro in 174
cm length for $169. I ski an Atomic Beta Carv C6 in 180 cm length
right now. I really like the way this ski handles, but I cracked the
edges on both skis last season. I ski mostly with my daughter now
while she learns to snowboard on Blues and some Greens. If I head up
with an old ski buddy, just about any type of terrain could be
encountered. I would appreciate any feedback or construction opinions
on these skis.

Wardo

I use R9s for touring. My only criticism of them is that the bases seem
quite fragile compared with my old X-Screams. They are very light (which is
why they are widely used for touring in Europe).

Nice in deep snow and crud (but then what isn't), good edge hold on hard
stuff since I got my boots sorted out, crap in bumps but only since I got
my boots sorted out, before that they were very good in bumps but not so
good on hard snow. In other words YMMV.

Reading the para above makes me wonder if there are any objective
differences between skis at all. Oh yes, as noted in another thread they
are 7cm shorter than my X-Screams. That means, quite objectively, that I
can sideslip through a gap that is 7cm smaller. All the rest is probably
more about me than my skis.

Jeremy
Old October 17th 05, 06:50 PM
Wardo

Thanks for the feedback, Jeremy, it is greatly appreciated. I think I'll
take a closer look at the R9's.