Verbier compared to St Anton /Ischgl

Old April 17th 06, 06:46 PM

Default Verbier compared to St Anton /Ischgl

Hi guys and girls,

How is Verbier, compared to St Anton or Ischgl ?
Anybody been to these places?

Thanks
Old April 20th 06, 07:56 PM

Verbier and St Anton are pretty much on a par.

They both have phenomenal skiing for intermediates and experts, with
reasonable coverage for beginners.

Ischgl is smaller and less demanding than the other two.

If I had to pick one, I would go for Verbier, as St Anton is full of
chavvy Brits and scuzzy Aussies.

Old April 20th 06, 09:59 PM

"NM" wrote in message
oups.com...
Verbier and St Anton are pretty much on a par.

They both have phenomenal skiing for intermediates and experts, with
reasonable coverage for beginners.

Ischgl is smaller and less demanding than the other two.

If I had to pick one, I would go for Verbier, as St Anton is full of
chavvy Brits and scuzzy Aussies.

As a "chavvy Brit" (whatever that means??), I would avoid St Anton, but I
have always enjoyed Ischgl. Verbier is however, one of the excellent
resorts! I have always thought that Ischgl has the better snow record, and
its nice to have the links into (duty-free) Samnaun.

Paul

Old April 21st 06, 03:04 PM

Hi Lars,

Can't give comparisons to St Anton or Ischgl, but having done Verbier a
few times I can vouch for it as a good place to go. Good skiing area
(although I prefer the big French resorts personally) and the apres ski
can be fantastic. It's one of those places that always seems to rate
high on 'Resorts you must do before you die' lists.

Not many chavvy brits in Verbier, but a fair few rugby-shirted
trustafarian types, and bankers from the US eastern seaboard...!

Cheers,
Matt

Old May 13th 06, 08:35 AM

All three are excellent but for challenging skiing St Anton and Verbier
are significantly better than Ischgl. You'll find resort reports on
www.ultimate-ski.com including in depth features about off-piste for St
Anton and Verbier. Ischgl fas becoming the party capital of the Alps
but importnat to bear in mind that clientele is at least 95% German so
if you prefer sauerkraut to chawybrit then Ischgl and if you speak
German is good for partying. Verbier has strong British contingent and
St Anton and Arlberg is more international and includes Zurs and Lech.
If you want do two out of three of these resorts then Ischgl is less
than 2 hours drive from St Anton and with the right guide it is in fact
possible to ski (and climb) from St Anton to Ischgl but not the other
way round. And if you're coming from as far as North America its just a
short hop and a skip to do all three of these and tuck in a few more
besides.

Old May 13th 06, 10:15 AM

Hi guys and gals

And its rumoured that there is a plan to build a lift that will link
(or make easier to ski between) the resorts of St Anton and Ischgl, but
not yet found any definite news on the subject. Fact or fiction? Any
one know anything about that?

sr

Old May 16th 06, 03:59 PM

Definitly FALSE

There is a plan to link St Anton (Rendl) to Kappl which is down valley from
Ischgl in the SilvrettaTal but its unlikely these lifts be built for a few
yet.
oups.com...