Why I ski.

Old November 6th 04, 11:20 PM
Jay Pique

Default Why I ski.

You get to buy really cool gear.

You get to travel to beautiful areas of the world.

Road Trips.

When it's really cold and your nostrils sort of freeze inside but you
have on the right gear and you know it - I love that.

Checking out the hotties on the shuttle bus/in the lift line/buried in
the new powder/underneath you in the gondola. : o

The anticipation of that first run down an untracked line. Or any
line, really.

The adrenaline rush that comes from SPEED.

Burning thighs.

Hot tubs.

Cold beer.

Yard Sales.

That sort of sentient feeling you sometimes get when you stop and
you're alone in a glade and things just look really, really nice.

The Beach at A-Basin on a sunny day.

Getting stuck in the snow.

Getting unstuck.

It makes me feel good.

JP
*********
Mellow.
Old November 7th 04, 12:22 AM
Richard Henry

"Jay Pique" wrote in message
[...]

All cool stuff. I can add a few things about bringing kids up into skiing,
but I don't want to bore pigo.

On the other hand, what would be the worst thing that could happen in a
skier's life?

Being told by a doctor that you have 6 months to live.

In May.

Old November 7th 04, 12:48 AM
Jay Pique

On Sat, 6 Nov 2004 17:22:53 -0800, "Richard Henry"
wrote:

"Jay Pique" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Momentary Lapses of Reason.

JP
************
CLT "A Momentary Lapse of Reason"
Old November 9th 04, 02:50 AM
lal_truckee

Jay Pique wrote:
You get to buy really cool gear.

You get to pick up really cool comped gear discarded by sponsored
racers, etc.

You get to travel to beautiful areas of the world.

You get to live in beautiful areas of the world.

Road Trips.

Road Trips.

When it's really cold and your nostrils sort of freeze inside but you
have on the right gear and you know it - I love that.

Especially when it's blowing hard and snowing sideways and sluffing
everywhere...

Skiing is so wonderful that talking about through the noise level in
this group is still worthwhile ...