The Best Racing/Performance Waxless Ski For Money- Visu Magnum.

Old March 4th 04, 04:53 PM
Douglas Diehl

Default The Best Racing/Performance Waxless Ski For Money- Visu Magnum.

The conditions over the last few days have been wet granular. Skating
was way to soft with the rains mixed in, but classic was a hoot with
my Visu Magnum Waxless Classic skis. I groomed a 2.5 Km loop and had
great grip and awesome glide in these conditions. Once agian my
Madshus Hypersonic Waxless racing skis did not offer any grip.
Moreover, the Madshus skis appear to be lead filled and are really
pricey where as the Visu's are around $125 from Reliable Racing.
Old March 4th 04, 05:20 PM
Jeff Potter

Congrats!

Having good luck with waxless is a fun thing for the shaky conditions.
And that ski sounds like a FINE VALUE and GREAT PERFORMER.

Is there a wax/klister which is appropriate for such conditions? I asked
awhile back, no response. I tried red klister and it didn't work.

My last few outings I used 10-yr-old Fischer waxless touring. I liked
them fine, but their glide SUCKED, basically. About half the glidespeed
of comparable touring waxables. Not bad for touring, but...

--

Jeff Potter
****

... offering Vordenberg's XC ski tales in "Momentum"! ...
... "The Recumbent Bicycle": the only book about these bikes! ...
... Rudloe's "Potluck": true-life story of workingclass smuggling! ...

... with radical novels coming up via LiteraryRevolution.com! ...
... music! ... articles! ... travel forums! ... WOW! 800-763-6923

Old March 5th 04, 12:10 AM
Jeff Potter

Rats! Now that looked like a bargain.

Oh well, I just do touring around here anyway. Settle down...

--

Jeff Potter
****

Old March 5th 04, 03:12 PM

Old March 5th 04, 11:00 PM
Rodney/SkiWax.ca

tanford.edu wrote:

In article ,
Jeff Potter wrote:

Congrats!

Having good luck with waxless is a fun thing for the shaky conditions.
And that ski sounds like a FINE VALUE and GREAT PERFORMER.

Is there a wax/klister which is appropriate for such conditions? I asked
awhile back, no response. I tried red klister and it didn't work.

_ If you don't have silver klister get some now! There is no
better wax for wet corn. It can be used well outside the
recommended ranges. When nothing else seems to work, it's
my wax of last resort. It's hard to find, get the Rhode
if you can ( and it's still made).

There is stronger grip available than a silver klister
with most brands. It will depend on the brand, but an Orange
or Red will usually get you the most grip. I have been using
Ski*go Orange klister for several days now (+12C/+54F today).
The snow is very coarse and wet (it was raining too). After an
hour of leaves, plant fluff, dirt and straw embedded in
the klister my grip was still good.

If Jeff is not getting enough grip with red perhaps the
brand he is using has a warmer temp klister than red.
No temperatures mention in the posting so it's hard to
point at a particular klister.

regards
Rodney

Old March 7th 04, 04:46 PM
Jeff Potter

"Rodney/SkiWax.ca" wrote:

[ ] If Jeff is not getting enough grip with red perhaps the
brand he is using has a warmer temp klister than red.
No temperatures mention in the posting so it's hard to
point at a particular klister.

I was using a 30-year-old "new in box" tube of Swix red. Joke's on me, I
suppose.

I think I have newer stuff as well, and I thought about the changes in wax,
but I thought, heck, they probably had warm corn icy snow back then, too. I
have some silver around as well.

Anyone know what all the nifty-named Rodes are for?

Chola

Grund

Skare

??

I have some old-looking tubes of these. Some are unopened. I've been
inheriting and buying old kits.

--

Jeff Potter
****

Old March 8th 04, 03:18 PM
Doug Taylor

Doug Taylor wrote:

Speaking of value, though, I scored a pair of new-in-the-box 2002 RCS
Crowns for $160 on ebay, and can't wait to try them in the granular
slop before it all melts for good.

Used it Sunday in mushy/granular/icy (depending on whether in shade or
sun) conditions, outside temp 35 deg. F +/-, and found it to be simply
outstanding. The waxers probably had better grip on the ice with
klister, but I had no major complaints even there. Just glide wax the
tip and tail, put it on and ski, that's the ticket.

--dt
Old March 9th 04, 09:05 AM
Anders Lustig

Jeff Potter wrote in message ...

Anyone know what all the nifty-named Rodes are for?
Chola
Grund
Skare
??

No offense, but someone asked about the Chola and the
Skare last February...

OK, everyone over the age of 12 is entitled to a memory
blackout evey once in a while:-)

Anders