Coldest Skiing Ever.

Old December 1st 05, 11:24 AM

Default Coldest Skiing Ever.

I've skied in conditions so cold that a good Eskimo friend of mine who
happened to be there said it was "cold like never see". That morning I
had lunch with my good friend Bode Miller and he told me that I must be
"waaaay diehard" to be skiing that day. I'll admit I thought it was a
bit chilly, but I've spent time in a cryogenic chamber so it wasn't too
bad.

JP
******************
End of argument.

Old December 1st 05, 01:59 PM

Jay Pique wrote:
I've skied in conditions so cold that a good Eskimo friend of mine who
happened to be there said it was "cold like never see". That morning I
had lunch with my good friend Bode Miller and he told me that I must be
"waaaay diehard" to be skiing that day. I'll admit I thought it was a
bit chilly, but I've spent time in a cryogenic chamber so it wasn't too
bad.

Oh, come on. You'll never experience really cold skiing as long as you
stay on that little round planet so close to that minor little star you
call the Sun. Just look at it: most of the H20 is in liquid form.

sheesh. What a waste.

//Walt
Old December 1st 05, 04:20 PM

Bob Lee wrote:
Jay Pique wrote:

I've skied in conditions so cold that a good Eskimo friend of mine who
happened to be there said it was "cold like never see". That morning I
had lunch with my good friend Bode Miller and he told me that I must be
"waaaay diehard" to be skiing that day. I'll admit I thought it was a
bit chilly, but I've spent time in a cryogenic chamber so it wasn't too
bad.

Heh, what was it a great mind once said about hyperbole? Oh yeah,:
http://tinyurl.com/c4dbd

Feeling old?

Egads! My sword's been turned against me!

LOL. At least your memory hasn't (totally) failed you.

I was reading another thread and was going to chime in with my "I've
skied when it's been colder than blah blah blah" story and realized
that there was really nothing I could add that would be of interest to
anyone but myself. And even *I* find myself boring on that topic.

JP
-20F ambient, at Vail, with wind.

Old December 1st 05, 04:22 PM

Bob Lee wrote:
Jay Pique wrote:

I've skied in conditions so cold that a good Eskimo friend of mine who
happened to be there said it was "cold like never see". That morning I
had lunch with my good friend Bode Miller and he told me that I must be
"waaaay diehard" to be skiing that day. I'll admit I thought it was a
bit chilly, but I've spent time in a cryogenic chamber so it wasn't too
bad.

"I told you a million times not to exaggerate".
Old December 1st 05, 04:30 PM

On 1 Dec 2005 04:24:54 -0800, "Jay Pique"
wrote:

I've skied in conditions so cold that a good Eskimo friend of mine who
happened to be there said it was "cold like never see".

Your Inuit is getting rusty; "Never Sea" is their (outdated) name for
the Arctic Ocean (it should now be called "Annual Sea"). Meaning it
was around the freezing point of seawater; maybe -2c.

bw
Old December 1st 05, 07:17 PM

-40F with -100F wind chill, 10pm at night, at Russian Jake(?) city
park, Anchorage, AK.

I was practicing/learning telemarking,
IS

Old December 1st 05, 11:28 PM

"taichiskiing" wrote in message
oups.com...
-40F with -100F wind chill, 10pm at night, at Russian Jake(?) city
park, Anchorage, AK.

I was practicing/learning telemarking,

You are as full of **** as ever.
\ heh.

Old December 2nd 05, 02:08 PM

Last year was my coldest at Mt. Snow one day . They had signs at the lifts
that said in large letters , 'frost bite warning' do not leave skin exposed
! I did one run and went back to the room . I put on my warmest clothes and
face gear so NO and I mean NO skin was exposed . Went back out and was able
to do about 5 runs at a time before taking a hot chocolate break . The
people inside the lift booths seemed so shocked to see someone coming up the
lift that I got lots of funny looks . I'm not exaggerating to say there were
maybe 10 people on the entire Mt skiing . They said they weren't going to
open but closed a little early . I had so many layers of clothes on I
couldn't ski good anyway , but when I feel , I only leaned over a few inches
and bounced right back up . It sucked , the hot tub felt real good that
night !
Ron

ups.com...

Old December 2nd 05, 03:53 PM

taichiskiing wrote:
-40F with -100F wind chill, 10pm at night, at Russian Jake(?) city
park, Anchorage, AK.

I was practicing/learning telemarking,
IS

-100F? That's nothing!!!

Around here it gets waaaaayyyyy colder. How cold does it get, you ask?
It gets so cold that you have to wear a wetsuit in the hot-tub!

Armin

Tai Chi Skiing yunlong Alpine Skiing 8 December 17th 04 03:50 PM
Masters Skiing Camps Nordic Skiing Instruction Nordic Skiing 0 November 1st 04 12:47 PM
RFC - The Nordic Skiing Project the Nordic Skiing Project Nordic Skiing 2 September 24th 04 05:50 PM
Skiing in Utah BRL Nordic Skiing 5 November 25th 03 06:43 PM