still skiing

Old May 15th 05, 12:37 AM
ant

Lisa Horton wrote:
lal_truckee wrote:

Lisa Horton wrote:

Or my
insistence on thinking about skiing when it's approaching 80 degrees
outside?

Don't think about it - do it.
Come on in - the slush is fine.

How is it really? I missed last week's snow due to a head cold
degrading my balance. With the nights this warm, is it still worth
the drive? Like in the next few days?

Well, if it's slush, that's great skiing. I rather like slush. You can cheat
a bit with wide, soft flexing skis. If you can find some bumped-up runs they
are fun, and slush bumps are the easiest bumps. If it's really sticky, that
can get a bit old after a while, but sticky usually is temporary. Corn, or
just straight out melty wet slush, are both awesome fun skiing.

Old May 15th 05, 12:39 AM
Lisa Horton

Norm wrote:

Lisa Horton wrote:

It's too late Lisa you can't take it back , your obviously a vile &
despicicable coward born of the demon seed , your one of us now
whether you like it or not . You will be forever on Scott's list of
pathological liars for what you did ............ what was it you did
again ?

Did I tell you that I'm going skiing tomorrow? How's that for evil?

Obviously you will rot in hell..
Or at least bite me. ;-)

I guess it's going to have to be one of those cold hells, you know, the
kind where there's snow everywhere but no level ground

Lisa
Old May 15th 05, 12:56 AM
Walt

Bob Lee wrote:
Ron - NY wrote:
Lisa Horton wrote:

Ah, I've been "one of you" for a year now. Is it my collection of
medieval weaponry that makes me not one of the "normal people"? Or my
insistence on thinking about skiing when it's approaching 80 degrees
outside? Or does the fact that I'm just plain tired of the irrational
ranting actually make me "normal"?

medievel weaponry ? Sounds kinky , my mind is running away with me . Too bad
your married .

^^^^^^^

Heh. Hey, Walt, can we get one of those RSA Player Cards over here for
Ron? TIA.

um... not right away. I'm still putting a tuck in the airedale, then
I've got the frogs to let out. Maybe next Friday?

--
// Walt
//

Old May 15th 05, 01:20 AM
Lisa Horton

ant wrote:

Lisa Horton wrote:
lal_truckee wrote:

Lisa Horton wrote:

Or my
insistence on thinking about skiing when it's approaching 80 degrees
outside?

Don't think about it - do it.
Come on in - the slush is fine.

How is it really? I missed last week's snow due to a head cold
degrading my balance. With the nights this warm, is it still worth
the drive? Like in the next few days?

Well, if it's slush, that's great skiing. I rather like slush. You can cheat
a bit with wide, soft flexing skis. If you can find some bumped-up runs they
are fun, and slush bumps are the easiest bumps. If it's really sticky, that
can get a bit old after a while, but sticky usually is temporary. Corn, or
just straight out melty wet slush, are both awesome fun skiing.

Curious. Both you and Lal profess to enjoy the slush. Yet when I hear
people on the slopes talking about slush, they make it sound like
something really awful.

I know some people must like it because I can see where they've been
making lemon slushees...

Lisa
Old May 15th 05, 01:44 AM
Walt

Lisa Horton wrote:
Curious. Both you and Lal profess to enjoy the slush. Yet when I hear
people on the slopes talking about slush, they make it sound like
something really awful.

Slush is quite pleasant if you can carve. But if you ski by the
skid-twist method, slush is not just unpleasant, it's dangerous.
That's why most people hate it.

I used to hate it. Now I enjoy it, as long as I'm using my slush skis
(Volkl P-50s).

--
// Walt
//

Old May 15th 05, 01:46 AM
VtSkier

Lisa Horton wrote:

Ron - NY wrote:

"Lisa Horton" wrote in message

Ron - NY wrote:

You think an entire Usenet group of people are out to get you and that
you
can beat them all up and I'm delusional .

You forgot that the whole group is made up of sick stalking freaks

Lisa

Hey Lisa , don't forget , your one of us now ;-) . And that's because all
the normal people fled in horror of us whackos and it's Scott's duty to stay
here and mind the nuthouse .

Ah, I've been "one of you" for a year now. Is it my collection of
medieval weaponry that makes me not one of the "normal people"? Or my
insistence on thinking about skiing when it's approaching 80 degrees
outside? Or does the fact that I'm just plain tired of the irrational
ranting actually make me "normal"?

Lisa

Sounds like you are "normal" for this group.
Old May 15th 05, 01:53 AM
VtSkier

Lisa Horton wrote:

lal_truckee wrote:

Lisa Horton wrote:

I'm deep in thought about season pass(es) for next season

Alpine dropped their prices a couple of hundred. Plus your spring pass
$99 goes to a season pass.

You want to know how nice the folks at Alpine are? When I found out
that my pass from another resort entitled me to ski free late season at
Alpine, I talked to them and they refunded the money for my spring pass!

I've looked at the (amazingly low) pass prices, and worked out how many
days I'd have to ski to make each one pay. The midweek pass looks
really tempting. My goal next year is at least 20 days on the
mountains. It makes me smile just thinking and typing that

Lisa

Hell, go for 80 and be delighted with 40. Don't limit yourself
so much.
Old May 15th 05, 02:01 AM
VtSkier

ant wrote:
Lisa Horton wrote:

lal_truckee wrote:

Lisa Horton wrote:

Or my
insistence on thinking about skiing when it's approaching 80 degrees
outside?

Don't think about it - do it.
Come on in - the slush is fine.

How is it really? I missed last week's snow due to a head cold
degrading my balance. With the nights this warm, is it still worth
the drive? Like in the next few days?

Well, if it's slush, that's great skiing. I rather like slush. You can cheat
a bit with wide, soft flexing skis. If you can find some bumped-up runs they
are fun, and slush bumps are the easiest bumps. If it's really sticky, that
can get a bit old after a while, but sticky usually is temporary. Corn, or
just straight out melty wet slush, are both awesome fun skiing.

Ahhh, but slush powders is just the very best there is!!!

Old May 15th 05, 02:10 AM
ant

Lisa Horton wrote:

Curious. Both you and Lal profess to enjoy the slush. Yet when I hear
people on the slopes talking about slush, they make it sound like
something really awful.

I'd estimate that about 95% of skiiers in the US are intermediate or lower
level in skills. And there's your answer.

Slush: use your edges! If you're pushing the skis sideways, that poor
technique is going to really bite you in slush, which is heavier and more
resistant than the fresher snow.
Get on your edges and ride them, and stay off the ski flats.

Difficult conditions highlight flaws in balance and technique. They don't
call that 2 inches of dry fresh over groom "hero snow" for nothing.

Old May 15th 05, 04:23 AM
Lisa Horton

VtSkier wrote:

Lisa Horton wrote:

lal_truckee wrote:

Lisa Horton wrote:

I'm deep in thought about season pass(es) for next season

Alpine dropped their prices a couple of hundred. Plus your spring pass
$99 goes to a season pass.

You want to know how nice the folks at Alpine are? When I found out
that my pass from another resort entitled me to ski free late season at
Alpine, I talked to them and they refunded the money for my spring pass!

I've looked at the (amazingly low) pass prices, and worked out how many
days I'd have to ski to make each one pay. The midweek pass looks
really tempting. My goal next year is at least 20 days on the
mountains. It makes me smile just thinking and typing that

Lisa

Hell, go for 80 and be delighted with 40. Don't limit yourself
so much.

Well I didn't say I was going to STOP at 20, I just want to get at least
that much. I'm okay with a lot more

Lisa

Tai Chi Skiing yunlong Alpine Skiing 8 December 17th 04 03:50 PM
Masters Skiing Camps Nordic Skiing Instruction Nordic Skiing 0 November 1st 04 12:47 PM
RFC - The Nordic Skiing Project the Nordic Skiing Project Nordic Skiing 2 September 24th 04 05:50 PM
Skiing in Utah BRL Nordic Skiing 5 November 25th 03 06:43 PM