Snowing!!

Old December 17th 04, 02:26 PM
Rob White

Default Snowing!!

Received the following text from my son in Val D'Isere this afternoon - "its
snowing big time". So hopefully it'll be OK for Christmas.

Rob

Old December 18th 04, 08:52 AM
Brian McIlwrath

Marinus wrote:
: Received the following text from my son in Val D'Isere this afternoon
: - "its snowing big time". So hopefully it'll be OK for Christmas.

Eurosport has just showed live pictures from Val D'Isere - while
announcing that the Womans's Downhill has been cancelled for today at least.
Looks pretty wild with gale force winds overnight - hope the snow isn't
blowing away! Only 2 (village?) lifts running so far I see.
Old December 18th 04, 10:14 AM
Simon Brown

"Brian McIlwrath" wrote in message
Marinus wrote:
: Received the following text from my son in Val D'Isere this afternoon
: - "its snowing big time". So hopefully it'll be OK for Christmas.

Eurosport has just showed live pictures from Val D'Isere - while
announcing that the Womans's Downhill has been cancelled for today at

least.
Looks pretty wild with gale force winds overnight - hope the snow isn't
blowing away! Only 2 (village?) lifts running so far I see.

Really wild here, some snow - maybe 10cms but it's being blown all over the
place. Roads are just black ice, zillions of accidents. Good day for not
going out skiing.
--
Simon Brown
www.hb9drv.ch

Old December 18th 04, 04:16 PM
PG

"Brian McIlwrath" wrote in message
| Marinus wrote:
| : Received the following text from my son in Val D'Isere this
afternoon
| : - "its snowing big time". So hopefully it'll be OK for Christmas.
|
| Eurosport has just showed live pictures from Val D'Isere - while
| announcing that the Womans's Downhill has been cancelled for today at
least.
| Looks pretty wild with gale force winds overnight - hope the snow
isn't
| blowing away! Only 2 (village?) lifts running so far I see.

I was there this morning, ferocious winds even at resort level.... a few
comments on the snowRacers forum here....

http://tinyurl.com/54po4

And some more photos taken today here....

http://tinyurl.com/6qg4a

Pete
SNOWeSCAPE Bourg Saint Maurice
http://bsm.alpesprovence.net

Old December 20th 04, 07:46 AM
Simon Brown

"Simon Brown" wrote in message

Really wild here, some snow - maybe 10cms but it's being blown all over

the
place. Roads are just black ice, zillions of accidents. Good day for not
going out skiing.

Laax now looks great - at least 30 cms down in the town and more expected at
the end of the week. The sun is coming out so I'll take a few pictures at
lunchtime for those who are visiting over the holidays.

I just wish my winter fur would start growing :-)
--
Simon Brown
www.hb9drv.ch

Old December 20th 04, 12:38 PM
James Hart

NIALLBRUCE wrote:
I've just had a look at the charts for the next 2 weeks
(weatheronline.co.uk). They've changed a lot over the last couple of
days. It appears that we're getting snow in the Alps next week (last
week of December) but not during the week after!? The 1st week of
January looks warmer, dryer and less windy.

Can anyone confirm this?? (I don't have much weather knowledge so
could have misinterpreted the information)

Going to Courmayeur on 2nd Jan - hoping that it's going to be ok!!

Try Metcheck,

http://www.metcheck.com/snow/skiReso...rmayeur&PROMO=

It's useful for the short term, a couple of days or so but anything more
than that is always going to be more of a guess than anything else. For
example it's predicting 25cms for Saturday at the moment but if you check
back each day I bet it'll be a different number each time.

--
James...
www.jameshart.co.uk