Nitro Magnum sensitive to bumps in base below thread inserts?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 1st 07, 11:11 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Bas Mevissen

Default Nitro Magnum sensitive to bumps in base below thread inserts?

Hi,

As this is my first post in this newsgroup, I think it is a good idea to
introduce myself. As you might guess, I'm from The Netherlands, 32 (almost
33) years old and 1.93m/85kg (relevant for snowboarding). I snowboard for
4 years, partly indoor (www.snowworld.com and then Landgraaf, 500m indoor)
and in the real snow in Austria. Shortly, I took some lessons in skiing.
That goes quite well, but I'm not switching to skiing :-)

Last year, I bought a new Nitro Magnum 1.65m. Great board to ride with,
but some problems though.

One problem is that the base developed bumps just below the thread
inserts of the bindings. I did not over tighten the screws, but still I
got bumps that were a few mm deep. It even happened after a few hours
indoor when I changed the stance. I could clearly see spots where the
base is recessed just below the mounting points of the bindings.

So I went back to the shop. I have a good relation with the shop owner
and he informed at Nitro. After a few weeks, the answer came that they
did not accept responsibility for this problem.

I read through the archives of this group and read that some guys here
prefer Burton. I must say that my previous board (Burton Cruzer 164) had
no problems whatever. Also, the steel edges seemed to stay sharp longer
than with the Nitro. Is it general quality difference?

Bas.

Loctite OK on K2 inserts? scott Backcountry Skiing 3 January 30th 07 04:30 PM
Rottafella BC and BC Magnum? Toller Nordic Skiing 1 December 1st 05 05:55 PM
wanted nitro magnum wide 165 or 168 / ride fleetwood 165 / morrow souce siphon 166 ? Mario Snowboarding 0 January 15th 05 04:23 PM
Inserts and screws. bp Snowboarding 8 November 12th 04 02:49 AM
Orthoics / SIDA inserts in XC Boots Matt Morency Nordic Skiing 3 August 24th 03 01:47 AM