Miller rips into lead after super combi DH

Old February 8th 07, 02:42 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Marty

Default Miller rips into lead after super combi DH

Come on Bode, there has to be a good SL in there somewhere. Pull it
out!

http://tinyurl.com/23cnu2
--
Marty

Old February 8th 07, 03:22 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Alex Heney

On 8 Feb 2007 07:42:30 -0800, "Marty" wrote:

Come on Bode, there has to be a good SL in there somewhere. Pull it
out!

http://tinyurl.com/23cnu2

He didn't!
--
Alex Heney, Global Villager
If only women came with pulldown menus and online help.
Old February 8th 07, 03:41 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Marty

On Feb 8, 9:22 am, Alex Heney wrote:
On 8 Feb 2007 07:42:30 -0800, "Marty" wrote:

Come on Bode, there has to be a good SL in there somewhere. Pull it
out!

http://tinyurl.com/23cnu2

He didn't!
--
Alex Heney, Global Villager
If only women came with pulldown menus and online help.

Son of a bitch! That leaves only three gold medals for him to collect
now. ;-)

Well, another SL finish and 6th place - very good!

Why didn't Ted take a re-run?
--
Marty

Old February 8th 07, 04:08 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Marty

On Feb 8, 9:41 am, "Marty" wrote:
Why didn't Ted take a re-run?

I guess he did take a re-run. But, it didn't help:
http://www.usskiteam.com/public/news...&sN=1&aId=2693

I don't understand. Ted is the combined Olympic champion and he
doesn't get a medal? What happened? Too much partying? Not enough
focus? Changed his skis before the start? Didn't change his skis
before the start? Too cold? Too warm? Wrong wax? Snow snakes?
--
Marty

Old February 8th 07, 08:42 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Alex Heney

On 8 Feb 2007 09:08:43 -0800, "Marty" wrote:

On Feb 8, 9:41 am, "Marty" wrote:
Why didn't Ted take a re-run?

I guess he did take a re-run. But, it didn't help:
http://www.usskiteam.com/public/news...&sN=1&aId=2693

I don't understand. Ted is the combined Olympic champion and he
doesn't get a medal? What happened? Too much partying? Not enough
focus? Changed his skis before the start? Didn't change his skis
before the start? Too cold? Too warm? Wrong wax? Snow snakes?

Too many other competitors:-)

Seriously, skiing is one of those events where it is unusual for one
person to be consistently first, or even on the podium every time,
because margins between the first few are just so small.

Any of the top 10-15 at any given time are capable of winning, if they
get it right on the day. Usually, the one who makes the fewest
mistakes on the run(s) will win.

The overall WC champion in any discipline will rarely have won more
than 2-3 races in that discipline over the season, and probably only
have been on the podium in about half the races, at best.
--
Alex Heney, Global Villager
I need my computer; it keeps me out of the bars!!
Old February 8th 07, 11:02 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Marty

On Feb 8, 9:41 am, "Marty" wrote:
[...]

Of course. I'm just (still) making fun of those that ripped on Bode
after the Olympics.
--
Marty

Old February 10th 07, 11:13 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Mary Malmros

"Marty" wrote in news:1170954523.140703.285820
@j27g2000cwj.googlegroups.com:

On Feb 8, 9:41 am, "Marty" wrote:
Why didn't Ted take a re-run?

I guess he did take a re-run. But, it didn't help:
http://www.usskiteam.com/public/news...&sN=1&aId=2693

I don't understand. Ted is the combined Olympic champion and he
doesn't get a medal? What happened? Too much partying? Not enough
focus? Changed his skis before the start? Didn't change his skis
before the start? Too cold? Too warm? Wrong wax? Snow snakes?

Good God, give it a rest. The horse is pureed by now already, the joke is
stale, and the people that you're making fun of aren't even reading.
Old February 11th 07, 02:25 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Marty

6...

On Feb 8, 9:41 am, "Marty" wrote:
Why didn't Ted take a re-run?

I guess he did take a re-run. But, it didn't help:
http://www.usskiteam.com/public/news...&sN=1&aId=2693

I don't understand. Ted is the combined Olympic champion and he
doesn't get a medal? What happened? Too much partying? Not enough
focus? Changed his skis before the start? Didn't change his skis
before the start? Too cold? Too warm? Wrong wax? Snow snakes?

Good God, give it a rest. The horse is pureed by now already, the joke is
stale, and the people that you're making fun of aren't even reading.

Okay, I promise - no more.
--
Marty