Alpe d'Huez - your opinions?

Old September 6th 05, 09:01 PM
Andy Sandford

Default Alpe d'Huez - your opinions?

Hi all

Anyone got any feelings - good, bad, indifferent?

Cheers

Andy

Old September 7th 05, 02:57 AM

Going up the hill on a bicycle has to be tough.

Old September 7th 05, 07:53 AM
Andy Sandford

wrote in message
ups.com...
Going up the hill on a bicycle has to be tough.

I'd prefer snow related answers... but thanks for the effort! ;0)

Old September 7th 05, 04:22 PM

Sorry; couldn't resist. Until your post, I hadn't known that anyone
went downhill at Alpe d'Huez. Whenever I think of the location, the
beyond-the-scale uphill climb is etched in my mind.

Probably a blast going down the slopes too.

I'll be better next time.

Old September 8th 05, 12:35 PM
davidof

Andy Sandford wrote:
Hi all

Anyone got any feelings - good, bad, indifferent?

SW facing so the snow melts fast but not too much flat above the 1st
troncon lift, the Sarenne (longest black run in France/Europe/World) is
probably a bit flat at the end on a board as is the famous tunnel.

Good nightlife. I don't know what they have in the way of park - didn't
see it last season.
Old September 8th 05, 11:28 PM

It's ok. Was not impressed with the terrain, but the setting is nice.
The mountain is south facing generally so conditions go to the extremes
more so than north facing resorts. Typical high-altitude, high-rise
style french resort. The access road is brutal, even in a car.

I like Val Cenis.

Old September 9th 05, 11:03 AM
Andy Sandford

Thanks to all who responded, but looks like we could be going to Val Thorens
now...

....any feedback, greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Andy

Old September 13th 05, 08:04 AM
davidof

Andy Sandford wrote:
Thanks to all who responded, but looks like we could be going to Val Thorens
now...

hope they've got rid of the uphill sections :-)