Snowboarding in Switzerland or France?

Old November 7th 03, 06:12 AM

Default Snowboarding in Switzerland or France?

I'm going to be in the area for a business trip and wanted to get some snowboarding in during
Dec 6-Dec 10. Could anyone provide recommendations of where to go? I can get free lodging
near Lausanne, but am willing to go elsewhere for better conditions. I'm looking for some
pretty advanced runs, but not jumping off of cliffs advanced...
Also, how are conditions likely to be so early in the year?

Thanks,
Brian

Old November 9th 03, 07:23 PM
Lord Boots

wrote in message
I'm going to be in the area for a business trip and wanted to get some

snowboarding in during
Dec 6-Dec 10. Could anyone provide recommendations of where to go? I can

get free lodging
near Lausanne, but am willing to go elsewhere for better conditions. I'm

looking for some
pretty advanced runs, but not jumping off of cliffs advanced...
Also, how are conditions likely to be so early in the year?

I recommend that you go to Zermatt or La Trois Vallees (Courchevel). Here's
a link for the Troger lift at Zermatt today:

http://www.snow-forecast.com/cam_popup.php

Zermatt is not a real beginner hill, but it's nice, big, and the nightlife
is some of the best in all of Europe. Courchevel on the other hand is very
large, great conditions, loads of terrain. Courchevel itself is a bit
pricey, the 2nd Valley (Meribel) is fun, but full of Brits, Val Thorens (the
3rd valley) is probably where I'd stay if I chose there. Either one should
be good, but I've only been tracking Zermatt lately for personal reasons.

I wish it would start dumping in Seattle area.....

Boots

Old November 9th 03, 09:17 PM
Johannes

Hi

On Sun, 09 Nov 2003 20:23:35 GMT, "Lord Boots"
wrote:

wrote in message
I'm going to be in the area for a business trip and wanted to get some

snowboarding in during
Dec 6-Dec 10. Could anyone provide recommendations of where to go? I can

get free lodging
near Lausanne, but am willing to go elsewhere for better conditions. I'm

looking for some
pretty advanced runs, but not jumping off of cliffs advanced...
Also, how are conditions likely to be so early in the year?

I recommend that you go to Zermatt or La Trois Vallees (Courchevel). Here's
a link for the Troger lift at Zermatt today:

Didn't you read? He can stay near Lausanne. From Lausanne to Zermatt
you nead 3h till Täsch change to the Railway (all 20 Min). If the
Rothorn/Gornergrad is closed you musst go(bus) to the Little
Matterhorn Gondola at the end off the village.

http://www.snow-forecast.com/cam_popup.php

Zermatt is not a real beginner hill, but it's nice, big, and the nightlife
is some of the best in all of Europe. Courchevel on the other hand is very
large, great conditions, loads of terrain. Courchevel itself is a bit
pricey, the 2nd Valley (Meribel) is fun, but full of Brits, Val Thorens (the

How far ist that from Lausanne?

3rd valley) is probably where I'd stay if I chose there. Either one should
be good, but I've only been tracking Zermatt lately for personal reasons.

With a snowboard you look like an alien at Zermatt :-)

Johannes
Old November 10th 03, 01:03 AM
Brian

Lord Boots wrote:
"Johannes" wrote in message

I recommend that you go to Zermatt or La Trois Vallees (Courchevel).

Here's

a link for the Troger lift at Zermatt today:

Didn't you read? He can stay near Lausanne. From Lausanne to Zermatt
you nead 3h till Täsch change to the Railway (all 20 Min). If the
Rothorn/Gornergrad is closed you musst go(bus) to the Little
Matterhorn Gondola at the end off the village.

No worries mate. He said he's willing to go elsewhere if the conditions
were good. I'd highly recommend going elsewhere. Why go over there if you
can't do something that you want to write home about?

How far ist that from Lausanne?

es ist nicht das weit von dort (it's not that far from there). EasyJet is
your friend, und ist so die Schiene.

3rd valley) is probably where I'd stay if I chose there. Either one

should

be good, but I've only been tracking Zermatt lately for personal reasons.

With a snowboard you look like an alien at Zermatt :-)

That's exactly the reason why you should be there. **** skiiers. Dare to
be original and snowboard without fur coats and Bogner fag bags (not that
there's anything wrong with being diverse, but skiing pushes the limits...).

I'm pretty much looking for wherever has the best riding and something
different from North America. I don't care too much about the night
life, just looking for nice snow and challenging terrain.

Brian

Old November 10th 03, 09:52 AM
Savage

Brian wrote in message ...
Lord Boots wrote:
"Johannes" wrote in message

[...]

why not try Verbier?
it's probably an hours drive and has good snow at high altitude.
Most boarders around Lac Leman highly recommend Verbier for great boarding.