boot canting question

Old February 22nd 04, 04:09 PM
Don

Default boot canting question

I think I need to make a canting adjustment but I can't figure out how to do
it. I noticed when skiing that my right foot is weighting my right ski on
the inside of the ski. That is: when skiing the right ski is on the inside
edge. My left foot/ski seems equally balanced. My Salomon Performa 7.0
boot has an allen wrench canting adjustment from + to minus. Does anyone
know what adjustment would correct my right ski/foot issue?

Old February 22nd 04, 07:38 PM
john.riedel

"Don" wrote in message
t...
I think I need to make a canting adjustment but I can't figure out how to

do
it. I noticed when skiing that my right foot is weighting my right ski on
the inside of the ski. That is: when skiing the right ski is on the inside
edge. My left foot/ski seems equally balanced. My Salomon Performa 7.0
boot has an allen wrench canting adjustment from + to minus. Does anyone
know what adjustment would correct my right ski/foot issue?

I do not have personal knowledge of your boot, but my girlfriend's Nordica's
have a cant adjust
on the outside, and we moved the indicator to (-) to get her off of her
inside edge.

The ideal solution would be to visit a bootfitter that can measure your
problem and adjust your boots
properly.

A workable solution, at least it worked for me (and my girlfriend) is to put
your boots on, stand on a
hard flat floor, and adjust the cant until you are standing flat. You will
(obviously) need help. It can
also be difficult to feel the proper setting, but if you don't want to pay
someone to use their gages, or
if you can't find someone to do it, it is certainly better than nothing, and
you may get it right.

Old February 23rd 04, 03:42 AM
Jon Bond

"Don" wrote in message
t...
I think I need to make a canting adjustment but I can't figure out how to

do
it. I noticed when skiing that my right foot is weighting my right ski on
the inside of the ski. That is: when skiing the right ski is on the inside
edge. My left foot/ski seems equally balanced. My Salomon Performa 7.0
boot has an allen wrench canting adjustment from + to minus. Does anyone
know what adjustment would correct my right ski/foot issue?

Canting is for alignment between the upper leg and the foot - its not true
boot canting. It can do it, but it affects a lot more things, including
knee paths and balance - often in ways you don't want to.

the REAL way to do it is either correct everything at the foot level with
orthotics, or if that's not the issue, then do a whole-boot cant by shaving
material off of the bottom, putting lifter plates on, and so on. But it
ain't cheap.

Jon Bond