A-Basin opens Back Bowls & Montezuma Lift

Old February 19th 13, 02:32 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

Default A-Basin opens Back Bowls & Montezuma Lift

I was in Breck and Keystone for 13 days of so-so skiing. Left last
Thursday, heard on the way out that A-Basin was finally opening the
Montezuma chair and the back bowls. Anyone skiied them yet???
Old February 19th 13, 04:52 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Tuesday, February 19, 2013 8:32:33 AM UTC-7, wrote:
I was in Breck and Keystone for 13 days of so-so skiing. Left last

Thursday, heard on the way out that A-Basin was finally opening the

Montezuma chair

There isn't much open back there. Mainly the blue run down to the lift. They had an avalanche back there a couple of days ago where ski patrol was giving private tours on freshly bombed terrain and 14 people were almost caught in the slide. Luckily there was only one injury.
Old February 20th 13, 05:35 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Feb 19, 11:52*am, wrote:
On Tuesday, February 19, 2013 8:32:33 AM UTC-7, wrote:
I was in Breck and Keystone for 13 days of so-so skiing. *Left last

Thursday, heard on the way out that A-Basin was finally opening the

Montezuma chair

There isn't much open back there. Mainly the blue run down to the lift. They had an avalanche back there a couple of days ago where ski patrol was giving private tours on freshly bombed terrain and 14 people were almost caught in the slide. Luckily there was only one injury.

Thanks. Was hoping SNOIG might have been there also, SNOIG????
Old February 20th 13, 06:47 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

The grass is greening up, the greens are thawing out. Can spring be far behind? Let's hope not.

Old February 22nd 13, 02:55 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
snoig

On Feb 19, 11:52*am, wrote:

On Tuesday, February 19, 2013 8:32:33 AM UTC-7, wrote:

I was in Breck and Keystone for 13 days of so-so skiing. *Left last

Thursday, heard on the way out that A-Basin was finally opening the

Montezuma chair

There isn't much open back there. Mainly the blue run down to the lift. They had an avalanche back there a couple of days ago where ski patrol was giving private tours on freshly bombed terrain and 14 people were almost caught in the slide. Luckily there was only one injury.

Thanks. Was hoping SNOIG might have been there also, SNOIG????

Haven't been there. I didn't get a pass this year because I've been doing more backcountry and XC skiing. I do have one ticket for A-Basin but I'm not going to use it until they are 100% open. Montezuma has only had a few trails open so far.
Old February 22nd 13, 03:57 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Feb 19, 11:52*am, wrote:

On Tuesday, February 19, 2013 8:32:33 AM UTC-7, wrote:

I was in Breck and Keystone for 13 days of so-so skiing. *Left last

Thursday, heard on the way out that A-Basin was finally opening the

Montezuma chair

There isn't much open back there. Mainly the blue run down to the lift. They had an avalanche back there a couple of days ago where ski patrol was giving private tours on freshly bombed terrain and 14 people were almost caught in the slide. Luckily there was only one injury.

Thanks. *Was hoping SNOIG might have been there also, SNOIG????

Haven't been there. I didn't get a pass this year because I've been doing more backcountry and XC skiing. I do have one ticket for A-Basin but I'm not going to use it until they are 100% open. Montezuma has only had a few trails open so far.- Hide quoted text -

Glad to see you're still in Breckenridge.

A-Basin Opens Wed Oct 17 [email protected] Alpine Skiing 1 October 17th 12 02:20 AM
A-Basin Lower lift station installed hr(bob) [email protected] Alpine Skiing 0 August 14th 10 05:25 PM
Spring conditions in Vail Back Bowls by first week of March? Dave Stallard[_3_] Alpine Skiing 1 February 20th 09 01:52 AM
Vail Back Bowls DZN Alpine Skiing 4 January 23rd 09 02:08 PM
Get Free Lift Tix to SolVista Basin in CO redlodge Alpine Skiing 2 August 29th 08 10:38 AM