Curious computer action

Old October 13th 11, 03:56 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

Default Curious computer action

My favorite soccer website carries little ads at the bottom of each
page. The ads rotate every time I bring up a page. When an ad for
Mountain High pops up, my computer erases it and puts up the message:
"operation aborted".
Old October 13th 11, 05:06 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

On Oct 13, 8:56*am, Richard Henry wrote:
My favorite soccer website *carries little ads at the bottom of each
page. *The ads rotate every time I bring up a page. *When an ad for
Mountain High pops up, my computer erases it and puts up the message:
"operation aborted".

Hey, is that what happens when you try to post the contact info for
the SPD officer you claim to have lied to?
Damn, that's funny.
Are you going to help Baker out by introducing the two? Allow me to
be of assistance. More than willing to give the officer all the
information I have.
Contact info?
How humiliating for you.
Old October 13th 11, 07:56 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

On Oct 13, 9:56*am, Richard Henry wrote:
My favorite soccer website *carries little ads at the bottom of each
page. *The ads rotate every time I bring up a page. *When an ad for
Mountain High pops up, my computer erases it and puts up the message:
"operation aborted".

Maybe it has a cookie imbedded or something like that?
Old October 13th 11, 08:13 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Oct 13, 12:56*pm, pigo wrote:
On Oct 13, 9:56*am, Richard Henry wrote:

My favorite soccer website *carries little ads at the bottom of each
page. *The ads rotate every time I bring up a page. *When an ad for
Mountain High pops up, my computer erases it and puts up the message:
"operation aborted".

Maybe it has a cookie imbedded or something like that?

Damn. There is stupid. There is idiotic. And then there is Brain
Fried Bob Thompson.
Old October 13th 11, 08:56 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Oct 13, 12:56*pm, pigo wrote:
On Oct 13, 9:56*am, Richard Henry wrote:

My favorite soccer website *carries little ads at the bottom of each
page. *The ads rotate every time I bring up a page. *When an ad for
Mountain High pops up, my computer erases it and puts up the message:
"operation aborted".

Maybe it has a cookie imbedded or something like that?

I think it is an overly-cautions virus checker. It also bombs out on
CNN, but there the whole page goes to an error maessage. For Mountain
Hig, just the ad is replaced, and the error message is shown in a
message box. MH's webssite itself doesn't cause any problems, though.
Old October 13th 11, 09:01 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Oct 13, 1:56*pm, Richard Henry wrote:
On Oct 13, 12:56*pm, pigo wrote:

On Oct 13, 9:56*am, Richard Henry wrote:

My favorite soccer website *carries little ads at the bottom of each
page. *The ads rotate every time I bring up a page. *When an ad for
Mountain High pops up, my computer erases it and puts up the message:
"operation aborted".

Maybe it has a cookie imbedded or something like that?

I think it is an overly-cautions virus checker. *It also bombs out on
CNN, but there the whole page goes to an error maessage. *For Mountain
Hig, just the ad is replaced, and the error message is shown in a
message box. *MH's webssite itself doesn't cause any problems, though.

You have to explain how your virus checker prevents you from posting
the contact info for the SPD officer you claim to have lied to.
Contact info?
Damn, this is fun.
Old October 13th 11, 09:31 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Bob F

Richard Henry wrote:
My favorite soccer website carries little ads at the bottom of each
page. The ads rotate every time I bring up a page. When an ad for
Mountain High pops up, my computer erases it and puts up the message:
"operation aborted".

This isn't just a case of an error on the web page?

Old October 13th 11, 09:48 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Oct 13, 2:31*pm, "Bob F" wrote:
Richard Henry wrote:
My favorite soccer website *carries little ads at the bottom of each
page. *The ads rotate every time I bring up a page. *When an ad for
Mountain High pops up, my computer erases it and puts up the message:
"operation aborted".

This isn't just a case of an error on the web page?

Works ok on my other computer.
Old October 13th 11, 10:05 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

On Oct 13, 3:48*pm, Richard Henry wrote:
On Oct 13, 2:31*pm, "Bob F" wrote:

Richard Henry wrote:
My favorite soccer website *carries little ads at the bottom of each
page. *The ads rotate every time I bring up a page. *When an ad for
Mountain High pops up, my computer erases it and puts up the message:
"operation aborted".

This isn't just a case of an error on the web page?

Works ok on my other computer.

Well maybe it just thinks that there is an imbedded cookie or
something? Like you say, an over cautious virus program or something.