Big Bear 3-24-11

Old March 27th 11, 04:15 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

Default Big Bear 3-24-11

On Mar 26, 8:56*pm, No Deposition El Soda Siphon
wrote:
On Fri, 25 Mar 2011 08:19:54 -0700 (PDT), twobuddha wrote:
On Mar 25, 12:34 am, No Deposition El Soda Siphon
wrote:
On Thu, 24 Mar 2011 20:40:33 -0700 (PDT), twobuddha wrote:
On Mar 24, 7:05 pm, Richard Henry wrote:
My rule of thumb is when the conditions are good, go to Bear Mt
(because the elevation is slightly higher and the terrain is more
challenging) and when the conditions are bad, go to Snow Summit
(because they groom better, they handle crowds better and there is
more variety in the trail network). Given the storm earlier in the
week and the sudden small storm last night, I figured good conditions
and headed to Bear Mt. Unfortunately, the snow was wet when it fell,
and then it got cold later in the night. It looked like powder, but
it was better for making snowmen than skiing on. Other than the mess
underfoot, it was a beautiful day - blue sky, cold breeze, temps a
little below freezing.

I tried to ski it like powder, but the sticky internal mass made that
impossible. It was better after it had been hacked up a bit, so I
could make turns in the scrambled eggs and run straight through the
mayonnaise. I even tried a couple of runs of short-swing turns down a
snow-board glide-path. That got some compliments from other skiers
which surprised me - no one ever said that sort of thing to me
before. Maybe it was because everyone was having trouble with the
conditions.

The final straw was when Chair 9 broke down - the slow-down mechanism
at the top of the lift stalled and the attendant had to push chairs
around by hand. They ran it long enough that way to unload the
passengers and then shut it down. To add insult to injury, they
started up the old Chair 1, which only goes up about 2/3 of the way
now.

After noon, I headed over to Snow Summit. The snow there was pretty
much the same, but it had been groomed and skied out more so it was
more enjoyable. Chairs 1 and 6 were not operating, which made for a
few liftline delays on Chair 2, where I stayed most of the time except
for a couple of escapes on Chairs 3 and 7.

Chains were required on SR38 going up from 5 miles below Onyx Summit,
over and down in to the village. I kept them on because the road up
the BM parking lot was icy, although it was melting out even in the
early morning and the "Chains Required" signs were not posted. By the
time I moved over to SS, the lots and streets were bare, and the road
was clear except for a little mel****er on the trip back down in the
afternoon.

I skied Whistler today, and you skied ****. I win again. Contact
info? Amazing how easy I got across the border. How embarassing for
you.

He wrote an interesting report, you wrote ****?-

He's a stalking wack job, a pathological liar, a dickless coward, and
an all around asshole.
But stick around. *Richard Henry will call your local cops and falsely
accuse you of committing crimes, or stalk you to your work and lie
about you, or organize campaigns of real world harassment, just like
he has done to me.
Now go **** yourself, asshole.

[Pee-Lonked Dud]-

Oh, my heart. Another dumb**** with a dip**** name hiding in
anonymity doesn't like me.
Thanks for showing everyone what you are, asshole. It's called
****ing yourself.
Old March 29th 11, 09:57 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dick G[_4_]

On Fri, 25 Mar 2011 02:34:35 -0500, No Deposition El Soda Siphon
wrote:

[...]

He's an idiot of epic proportion....as you quickly figured out
Old March 29th 11, 10:59 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

wrote:
[...]

He's an idiot of epic proportion....as you quickly figured out- Hide quoted text -

Holy ****. Irony meter show epic insanity. Dick Gozinya calls me an
idiot of epic proportion.
DICK GOZINYA!!!!!!!!!!!
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA

Big Bear 3-3-11 Richard Henry Alpine Skiing 1 March 4th 11 09:36 PM
Bear Mt 1-21-11 Richard Henry Alpine Skiing 55 January 27th 11 06:12 AM
Big Bear lal_truckee Alpine Skiing 13 December 29th 10 02:58 PM
Just another day at Big Bear Richard Henry Alpine Skiing 8 January 15th 10 12:22 AM
Anyone been to Bear Mtn yet? stephen enriquez Snowboarding 0 December 2nd 03 08:24 AM