Les Deux Alpes, next week

Old February 9th 04, 12:28 PM
Clive Perry

Default Les Deux Alpes, next week

I will be going to Les Deux Alpes next week - this is a first for us and the
result of peak season late availability being next to nothing unless you
want to drive to France.

I would be grateful to receive any advice on where to ski, places that may
be quieter than the main areas - Pied Moutet maybe? We will pretty much ski
anywhere that is marked piste as I will not take my Son of 8 off piste
unless we have a guide or instructor with us.

We are staying on the road that is first left as you come into the village
which looks to be near the Petite Aiguille blue. Brochure blurb indicates
that we can ski in ski out from this area - is this a reality? I notice from
the web site that this piste is actually closed even though there is
supposed to be 80cm of snow at resort level. Is the lift and piste here only
open at peak times?

I would also be keen to receive feedback on places to stop for lunch and we
will also need to eat out one evening as we are on Chalet board terms.

TIA

Clive