Thought for the day

Old March 16th 11, 07:42 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
lal_truckee

Default Thought for the day

You know what I miss in the modern era? Well lots of things, but
particularly today - Yodeling. In my youth on a day like today all the
transplanted Austrian ski instructors would be echoing yodels off the
hills. I guess they never taught their clients yodeling - too busy
chanting "bend zee knees."
Old March 16th 11, 08:02 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
lal_truckee

On 3/16/11 1:58 PM, The Real Bev wrote:
On 03/16/11 13:42, lal_truckee wrote:

You know what I miss in the modern era? Well lots of things, but
particularly today - Yodeling. In my youth on a day like today all the
transplanted Austrian ski instructors would be echoing yodels off the
hills. I guess they never taught their clients yodeling - too busy
chanting "bend zee knees."

Perhaps you could revive the custom. Surely there's a website with
instructions...

I've actually tried to learn - my friends say I sound like a sick
donkey. My enemies are less supportive of the effort...
Old March 16th 11, 08:49 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

On Mar 16, 1:42*pm, lal_truckee wrote:
You know what I miss in the modern era? Well lots of things, but
particularly today - Yodeling. In my youth on a day like today all the
transplanted Austrian ski instructors would be echoing yodels off the
hills. I guess they never taught their clients yodeling - too busy
chanting "bend zee knees."

You know what I miss from the old days? If people were assholes, they
were accountable. They couldn't hide in anonymity behind their
computers and tell defamatory lies, threaten people's lives, stalk
them to their work and licensing agencies, lie to the cops, etc.
In short, you despicable freak, they couldn't be as much of an asshole
as you have been.
Old March 16th 11, 08:50 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Mar 16, 2:02*pm, lal_truckee wrote:
On 3/16/11 1:58 PM, The Real Bev wrote:

On 03/16/11 13:42, lal_truckee wrote:

You know what I miss in the modern era? Well lots of things, but
particularly today - Yodeling. In my youth on a day like today all the
transplanted Austrian ski instructors would be echoing yodels off the
hills. I guess they never taught their clients yodeling - too busy
chanting "bend zee knees."

Perhaps you could revive the custom. Surely there's a website with
instructions...

I've actually tried to learn - my friends say I sound like a sick
donkey. My enemies are less supportive of the effort...

I'd LOVE to hear you yodel. In person. To my face. I guarantee you
will make lots of loud, anguished sounds. Practice, practice,
practice.
Old March 17th 11, 02:55 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

On 3/16/2011 4:42 PM, lal_truckee wrote:
You know what I miss in the modern era? Well lots of things, but
particularly today - Yodeling. In my youth on a day like today all the
transplanted Austrian ski instructors would be echoing yodels off the
hills. I guess they never taught their clients yodeling - too busy
chanting "bend zee knees."

Yodeling? Isn't that one of the old ski techniques, sort of a
combination of Wedln, Availment, and Escarpment, with a bit of the
Arlberg technique thrown in for good measure? I tried it once, and
nearly dropped my emergency rum flask. Not for me, thankyouverymuch.

//Walt
Old March 17th 11, 03:51 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Mar 16, 1:42*pm, lal_truckee wrote:
You know what I miss in the modern era? Well lots of things, but
particularly today - Yodeling. In my youth on a day like today all the
transplanted Austrian ski instructors would be echoing yodels off the
hills. I guess they never taught their clients yodeling - too busy
chanting "bend zee knees."

The only time I ever heard yodeling at a ski area was when the PA
speaker background music (Question: why does skiing need background
music?) selected by the resort operators included it (accompanied by a
clarinet and tuba oompha band).
Old March 18th 11, 11:05 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Mr Scroat Spittle

On Mar 16, 3:49*pm, twobuddha wrote:
On Mar 16, 1:42*pm, lal_truckee wrote:

You know what I miss in the modern era? Well lots of things, but
particularly today - Yodeling. In my youth on a day like today all the
transplanted Austrian ski instructors would be echoing yodels off the
hills. I guess they never taught their clients yodeling - too busy
chanting "bend zee knees."

You know what I miss from the old days? *If people were assholes, they
were accountable. *They couldn't hide in anonymity behind their
computers and tell defamatory lies, threaten people's lives, stalk
them to their work and licensing agencies, lie to the cops, etc.
In short, you despicable freak, they couldn't be as much of an asshole
as you have been.

Yeah, those sure were the days. Back when Poor Richard was held
responsible for his almanac. And when Publius was accountable for the
Federalist Papers.

Why, I'll bet that your brother sure wishes that you could be held
accountable for your actions. Too bad you can't be held accountable
for defying a court order.
Old March 18th 11, 03:30 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Mar 18, 5:05*am, Mr Scroat Spittle wrote:
[...]

Before the internet, dumb****. When ppppppuuuuussssiiiiieeeeesssss
like you would get your ass kicked because if you wanted to be as much
of a dickless asshole as you are, you'd have to do so in person.

Why, I'll bet that your brother sure wishes that you could be held
accountable for your actions.

Considering he is dead, you lose the bet. He and I did have a
discussion of accountability, though. He ****ed his pants and ran.
Just like you would.

*Too bad you can't be held accountable
for defying a court order.

Too bad the people who engaged in a criminal conspiracy that
deliberately lied to the cops and committed multiple felony perjuries
weren't held responsible.
But speaking of accountability, pppppppuuuuuusssssssyyyyyy, you are so
terrified of accountability that you didn't show up at Copper. And so
stupid, you don't realize that you just proved my point,
pppppppppuuuuuuuuusssssssssyyyyyy.
What's that name again, pppppppppuuuuuuuussssssyyyyyyy? Didn't see
you at DV, either.
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHa