Stomp?

Old March 6th 05, 11:46 PM
Nevhision

Default Stomp?

A guy at my local board shop handed me a free stomp pad thats 6" by 2"
and it it's plastic spikes. Is it worthwhile and how far fowards from
the rear binding should I put it? Should it go paralell to the board or
across it?

Old March 7th 05, 01:59 AM
Joe Blanchard

Since it's 2X6, I'd lay the long end of the stomp pad,width wise and place
it as close to the back binding where the sole of the boot would be centered
on the pad and the side of your boot almost touching your back binding.

But that's just the way I'd do it...

Joe B.
oups.com...

Old March 7th 05, 02:46 AM
KenO

One thing I would suggest:
If you carry your board in a bag or case that requires you to rotate
your bindings straight forward and straight back to fit, make sure the
stomp pad isn't placed in a position where it impedes the rotation of
the rear binding. Loosen the disk screws and twist the binding around
to the stow position while you test fit the pad before you peel off the
adhesive backing.

Old March 7th 05, 03:41 AM
Mike M. Miskulin

"KenO" wrote in news:1110167219.204111.61570
@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

One thing I would suggest:
If you carry your board in a bag or case that requires you to
rotate your bindings straight forward and straight back to fit,

Personally I never leave my bindings attached when traveling, at
least not by air.
Old March 7th 05, 12:00 PM
KenO

I'm sure not above learning something. Why do you take the bindings off
your board when traveling? My Burton Gig Bag zips up fine, boots and
all, but I do have to pivot the bindings fore and aft because the boot
compartment is in the middle of the bag. I imagine if I was carrying
two boards (Aha!) I'd have to take the bindings off...did I answer my
own question?

Old March 7th 05, 08:24 PM
Mike M. Miskulin

"KenO" wrote in news:1110200435.894158.81620
@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

I'm sure not above learning something. Why do you take the bindings
off your board when traveling? My Burton Gig Bag zips up fine,

Not willing to risk a sharp jolt/smack whatever to the exposed
binding and risk damage to the inserts. I unscrew and keep the
part screws inside a little plastic container (along with things
like batteries, etc). It maybe highly unlikely, but they do toss
stuff around a lot and if anything lands on it then the stuff in
the bag has some give. Besides, only takes 2 minutes to put them
back on.

I might add it also gives more flexibility in how you pack too.
Even though I have a padded bag I place the board(s) between
my clothes and then the rest of the stuff however it best fits
on top of that.
Old March 9th 05, 02:19 AM
Spiff

On 6 Mar 2005 16:46:26 -0800, "Nevhision" wrote:

A guy at my local board shop handed me a free stomp pad thats 6" by 2"
and it it's plastic spikes. Is it worthwhile and how far fowards from
the rear binding should I put it? Should it go paralell to the board or
across it?

Put it exactly where you would place your free(un strapped) back foot
on the board when getting off the lift...

Spiff

Old March 9th 05, 02:36 PM
Cary Paugh

I remove my bindings and attach them to the boots when I travel.
Takes up less space.

:

I'm sure not above learning something. Why do you take the bindings
off your board when traveling? My Burton Gig Bag zips up fine,

Not willing to risk a sharp jolt/smack whatever to the exposed
binding and risk damage to the inserts. I unscrew and keep the
part screws inside a little plastic container (along with things
like batteries, etc). It maybe highly unlikely, but they do toss
stuff around a lot and if anything lands on it then the stuff in
the bag has some give. Besides, only takes 2 minutes to put them
back on.

I might add it also gives more flexibility in how you pack too.
Even though I have a padded bag I place the board(s) between
my clothes and then the rest of the stuff however it best fits
on top of that.

Donek Phoenix, Malamute Boots, Dakine, Zuma Surf, TechNine Pro, RideLS Jr., NY legislation... Christopher Cox Snowboarding 5 February 1st 05 03:15 PM
The amazing, mysterious 'kick' in classic... [email protected] Nordic Skiing 16 January 27th 05 01:28 AM
Use the stomp pad? Teak Snowboarding 4 March 23rd 04 08:00 AM
Stomp mat Steve A. Snowboarding 15 December 2nd 03 02:31 AM
Help choosing a stomp pad Dan Morgan Snowboarding 6 October 8th 03 01:46 PM