Washington State advice

Old January 19th 07, 07:48 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

Default Washington State advice

I will be visting a friend in Seattle next month.Is there any really
good ski areas within a few hours?He only knows Mt Baker which seems ok
but a bit smaller than I was looking for
thanks
Jack

Old January 19th 07, 09:11 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Bob F

wrote in message
oups.com...
I will be visting a friend in Seattle next month.Is there any really
good ski areas within a few hours?He only knows Mt Baker which seems ok
but a bit smaller than I was looking for
thanks
Jack

Crystal is probably the biggest area, with much varied terrain.
Probably the closest thing in western wash. to a "destinition resort".
http://www.skicrystal.com/
Stevens Pass is smaller but still an excellent area to explore. Closer
than crystal unless you are in the south end.
http://www.stevenspass.com/snowreport/index.aspx
Baker is probably somewhere between the above two, but always
has the most snow. Furthest.
http://www.mtbaker.us/snowreport/index.html
Snowqualmie is OK if the snow level is low enough and you don't
want much advanced terrain. Closest to downtown. (1 hr)
http://www.summitatsnoqualmie.com/
Mission Ridge near Wenatche is another option.
http://www.missionridge.com/

Bob

Old January 19th 07, 09:21 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

Bob, thanks for the information
Jack

wrote in ooglegroups.com...

Old January 20th 07, 03:46 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
rvfulltime

On 19 Jan 2007 14:21:26 -0800, wrote:

Bob, thanks for the information
Jack

On Jan 19, 5:11 pm, "Bob F" wrote:
wrote in ooglegroups.com...

[...]

The Summit at Snoqualmie and Stevens have night skiing if you're iinterested. The Summit
is really 4 separate ski areas under one owernship. The Alpental area of Summit has some of
the most difficult terrain you'll find anywhere in North America. Crystal Mountain has one of
the largest "back country" areas in the U.S and sometimes the muddiest parking lot.

I lived in North Seattle, but still in the city. Snoqualmie was a 60 minute drive, Stevens Pass
was a 90 minute drive, Crystal was a 120 minute drive, and Baker was 2.5 to 3 hours.

Have a good time.

Old January 20th 07, 07:17 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

thanks

On Jan 20, 11:46 am, rvfulltime wrote:
On 19 Jan 2007 14:21:26 -0800, wrote:

Bob, thanks for the information
Jack

wrote in ooglegroups.com...

Old January 22nd 07, 06:44 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
SeattleSkier

this is easy: Crystal Mountain, 2 hrs from Seattle
www.skiwashington.com

Jim

oups.com...

Old January 22nd 07, 10:53 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
VtSkier

SeattleSkier wrote:
this is easy: Crystal Mountain, 2 hrs from Seattle
www.skiwashington.com

Jim

wrote in message
oups.com...
I will be visting a friend in Seattle next month.Is there any really
good ski areas within a few hours?He only knows Mt Baker which seems ok
but a bit smaller than I was looking for
thanks
Jack

Don't sell Baker short.

It doesn't have very many lifts, but it's got TERRAIN!!!

The down side is 3+hours from Seattle.
Old January 22nd 07, 11:12 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

That's what my buddy tells me.Also it gets more snow than just about
any other area in the US
thanks

On Jan 22, 6:53 pm, VtSkier wrote:
SeattleSkier wrote:
this is easy: Crystal Mountain, 2 hrs from Seattle
www.skiwashington.com

Jim

wrote in message
roups.com...
I will be visting a friend in Seattle next month.Is there any really
good ski areas within a few hours?He only knows Mt Baker which seems ok
but a bit smaller than I was looking for
thanks
JackDon't sell Baker short.

It doesn't have very many lifts, but it's got TERRAIN!!!

The down side is 3+hours from Seattle.- Hide quoted text -- Show quoted text -

Old March 7th 07, 03:35 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
James Bassuk

baker is shorter than crystal -- but baker gets more snow. e.g. this
season baker put beacon/shovel/probe/partner restictions on chair 6 -- too
much snow -- the first time i was prohibited from skiing inbounds in the
US or Canada because I lacked avalanche gear.

but i must say that crystal has the goods this season...

jim

SeattleSkier wrote:
this is easy: Crystal Mountain, 2 hrs from Seattle
www.skiwashington.com

Jim

oups.com...