Snowboarding Backpack

Old November 4th 05, 09:02 AM
Alastair

Default Snowboarding Backpack

Hi All,

This may (or may not) be a stupis question, but here goes...

I was riding in Chamonix with a guy last year who had a backpack that
had a water bag (is the only way I can think to describe it) attached
to the inside and a tube that acted as a straw to the outside so that
he could take a drink of the water whenever he wished without having to
sit down and take off his board, bag, gloves etc. for a quick drink.

I have had a quick look for these on the internet but have not had much
luck, all I know is that he bought it in the resort in France and am
hoping this was not a rare purchase as I would very much like to get a
hold of one for this season.

Does anyone have any links to these, if indeed I wasn't tripping for a
whole week and imagined it :-)

Thanks in advance.

Old November 4th 05, 10:42 AM

Sounds like a CamelBak, check out their website:
www.camelbak.com

They have designs for skiing/snowboarding that don't freeze up.

Old November 4th 05, 10:56 AM
markus dolic

Alastair wrote:

I was riding in Chamonix with a guy last year who had a backpack that
had a water bag (is the only way I can think to describe it) attached
to the inside and a tube that acted as a straw to the outside [...]

hi,
probably a Dakine backpack with hydration system? Can't give you any
specific links because their site is all-flash, but have a look at the
"snowboard - snowboard packs - hydration" menu on
http://www.dakine.com/ - the "hydrator" thing is probably the water bag
you're talking of, i think you can combine it with most (or all?) of
their backpacks. It's quite expensive, though.

md

Old November 4th 05, 11:51 AM
Switters

On Fri, 04 Nov 2005 10:02:27 GMT, "Alastair"
allegedly wrote:

I have had a quick look for these on the internet but have not had much
luck, all I know is that he bought it in the resort in France and am
hoping this was not a rare purchase as I would very much like to get a
hold of one for this season.

As well as the previous suggestions, there's also platypus and probably
others as well. They can work well, but you have to be aware of the tube
freezing. I think most of us tend to take a sip of the water and then
blow back so the water goes out of the tube and back into the pack where
it doesn't freeze (if it freezes there, get off the mountain).

When it's really cold though, sometimes the thing just freezes up and then
your stuck with a useless tube

- Dave.

http://www.vpas.org/ - Snowboarding the worlds pow pow -
Securing your e-mail

The Snowboard FAQ lives here - http://rssFAQ.org/
Old November 4th 05, 12:12 PM
tg

"Alastair" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi All,

This may (or may not) be a stupis question, but here goes...

I was riding in Chamonix with a guy last year who had a backpack that
had a water bag (is the only way I can think to describe it) attached
to the inside and a tube that acted as a straw to the outside so that
he could take a drink of the water whenever he wished without having to
sit down and take off his board, bag, gloves etc. for a quick drink.

I have the Burton H2O pack which is similiar to the others mentioned. Works
great.

Old November 4th 05, 04:06 PM
Bruce Chang

allegedly wrote:

[...]

I keep mine under my jacket. You look kinda humpbacked in the morning but
after a couple sips, the thing flattens out pretty good. It holds enough
water for most of the day.

-Bruce

Old November 4th 05, 05:04 PM
LeeD

I'm old school....
Prefer a back pack for extra clothes, folding shovel, probes, and a
set of folding poles.
So bota bag for liquid. Plenty, as I ride 3 hours, then go to lunch
or it's the end of day anyways.
Chairlift rides leave plenty of time to remove one glove and top of
jacket to access bota bag.

Old November 6th 05, 07:45 PM
Octessence

Alastair wrote:
Hi All,

This may (or may not) be a stupis question, but here goes...

I was riding in Chamonix with a guy last year who had a backpack that
had a water bag (is the only way I can think to describe it) attached
to the inside and a tube that acted as a straw to the outside so that
he could take a drink of the water whenever he wished without having to
sit down and take off his board, bag, gloves etc. for a quick drink.

I have had a quick look for these on the internet but have not had much
luck, all I know is that he bought it in the resort in France and am
hoping this was not a rare purchase as I would very much like to get a
hold of one for this season.

Does anyone have any links to these, if indeed I wasn't tripping for a
whole week and imagined it :-)

Thanks in advance.

Trouble with these is that you have to fill them with Vodka to stop them
freezing up
Old November 6th 05, 08:46 PM
LeeD

Lancer's Red, never freezes, tastes good, keeps you loose.....