Favorite time for Aspen?

Old September 3rd 07, 05:45 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
bdubya

Default Favorite time for Aspen?

On Sun, 02 Sep 2007 05:25:30 -0000, (Jeff Davis)
wrote:

In article ,
bdubya wrote:

Hey, like Jeff said - they didn't do it in winter. Which I guess
demolishes your claim that they did it at all. At least on some level
that us mere non-JacksonHoleAirForcers probly can't comprehend.

It's intuitively obvious to anyone who's been up there exactly where they
were and when they did it. Jenny Lake climbing rangers tagged it before
Turiano called me and confirmed.

Which makes anyone who claims they did it a "fraud and a liar?"
Just curious.

bw
Old September 4th 07, 01:34 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
klaus

Bob Lee wrote:

I think I remember being glad to let you go first on that one (beacon
check). And as you skied it Russ turned to me and said something along
the lines of "He's skiing that awfully fast. He must not want to hang
around in there too long."

It wasn't so much the time as not wanting to weight the snow in a
turn. But if you don't check your speed, your speed goes
unchecked. Not necessarily a bad thing.

Speaking of skiing and preparation, I did the recon of the Highway to
Heaven via Honeycomb to Silver Fork today. Alta is still there. Did I
mention the two Aussie geology coeds with clipboards in East
Bowl? Ouch. Double ouch.

Sometimes clipboards can be kind of hot I guess.

This was one of those times.

-klaus

Old September 4th 07, 04:16 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Jeff Davis

In article ,
Bob Lee wrote:

you care to make. But seriously, you'd do well to use that time to
build some self-respect, consider some significant changes to your
debating technique, and really, really think about what I said about
developing some focus.

Dude, you're in the wrong newsgroup. All that self-agrandizement you
published belongs in rec.skiing.telemark- This is for ALPINE skiing.
I know girls that ski like you. I have a ex-model friend who's summited
over 30 of those 14ers you're so proud of, and she can't get up the Grand
Teton. You've never skied the skillet. That's obvious.
--
According to John Perry Barlow, "Jeff Davis is a truly gifted trouble-maker."

Old September 4th 07, 10:23 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
clarencedarrow

On Sep 4, 12:16 am, (Jeff Davis) wrote:

It's Tuesday dewd, what ****ing planet are you on?