VT skiers

Old September 21st 11, 11:58 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
VtSkier

Default VT skiers

On 09/21/2011 01:47 PM, Richard Henry wrote:
A Vermont Highway map showing road conditions, updated daily, I think:

http://www.511vt.com/Documents/Irene...10920_1605.pdf

It looks like roads are still beat up near Killington.

There is still work going on. Route 4 to Rutland is open
and paved. Route 4 toward Woodstock is also open and paved.
Much of the work now is shoring up the margins along the
rivers.
Old September 22nd 11, 01:27 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
VtSkier

On 09/21/2011 07:58 PM, VtSkier wrote:
On 09/21/2011 01:47 PM, Richard Henry wrote:
A Vermont Highway map showing road conditions, updated daily, I think:

http://www.511vt.com/Documents/Irene...10920_1605.pdf

It looks like roads are still beat up near Killington.

There is still work going on. Route 4 to Rutland is open
and paved. Route 4 toward Woodstock is also open and paved.
Much of the work now is shoring up the margins along the
rivers.

http://crisislanding.appspot.com/?cr...ooding_vermont

This map is fairly accurate. The state is still calling
"limited service" on the main routes that were hard hit.
Our point of view is that it's all pretty much open with
shoulder work and guard rail replacement going on resulting
in single lane traffic here and there.
Old September 22nd 11, 01:59 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Sep 21, 6:27*pm, VtSkier wrote:
On 09/21/2011 07:58 PM, VtSkier wrote:

On 09/21/2011 01:47 PM, Richard Henry wrote:
A Vermont Highway map showing road conditions, updated daily, I think:

http://www.511vt.com/Documents/Irene...10920_1605.pdf

It looks like roads are still beat up near Killington.

There is still work going on. Route 4 to Rutland is open
and paved. Route 4 toward Woodstock is also open and paved.
Much of the work now is shoring up the margins along the
rivers.

http://crisislanding.appspot.com/?cr...ooding_vermont

This map is fairly accurate. The state is still calling
"limited service" on the main routes that were hard hit.
Our point of view is that it's all pretty much open with
shoulder work and guard rail replacement going on resulting
in single lane traffic here and there.

I hope you have better luck with that than SR 39 in California. It
was washed out in a storm in 1978 and might open next year.

On the other hand, SR 330 into Big Bear only took about 6 months to
rebuild.
Old September 22nd 11, 02:23 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
down_hill

Richard Henry wrote:

http://crisislanding.appspot.com/?cr...ooding_vermont

This map is fairly accurate. The state is still calling
"limited service" on the main routes that were hard hit.
Our point of view is that it's all pretty much open with
shoulder work and guard rail replacement going on resulting
in single lane traffic here and there.

I hope you have better luck with that than SR 39 in California. It
was washed out in a storm in 1978 and might open next year.

On the other hand, SR 330 into Big Bear only took about 6 months to
rebuild.

287 in NJ was wiped out by river guard rail was in middle of river, the
news was talking weeks it took them 2 days
Old September 22nd 11, 06:14 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

On 09/21/2011 06:59 PM, Richard Henry wrote:

On Sep 21, 6:27 pm, wrote:
[...]

The sooner the better. It will make it SOOOOO much easier to get to
Mountain High that fewer people will go to Big Bear. OTOH, that would
probably mean shutting down one more BB lift :-(

The last several times I went last year, they left Chair 1 closed all
day. Before that they didn't open it until maybe 10:00. I'm hoping
that my just-begun exercise program will help out with the extra climb,
but I'm not really optimistic.

On the other hand, SR 330 into Big Bear only took about 6 months to
rebuild.

I would hope that they inspected the entire road for similar damage.
I'll be really glad not to use 38.

--
Cheers, Bev
"Qui custodiet ipsos custodes?" --Juvenal
Old September 25th 11, 05:41 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Sep 21, 6:27 pm, *wrote:
[...]

* "Qui custodiet ipsos custodes?" *--Juvenal- Hide quoted text -

Now 38 is closed:

http://www.dailybulletin.com/news/ci_18934508
Old September 26th 11, 06:33 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

On 09/25/2011 10:41 AM, Richard Henry wrote:

Now 38 is closed:

http://www.dailybulletin.com/news/ci_18934508

If it ain't one thing it's another.

Can you see the streaming video at
http://www.snowsummit.com/ski/cams-p...ive-web-cams/# during
the day?

I've tried several times and gotten various error messages. New
machine/software which might be to blame, or they're just not running
the camera, or somebody hates me.

--
Cheers, Bev
"There's an apocryphal (I hope not !) story about a Bristol bike
Old September 26th 11, 02:49 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

Can you see the streaming video athttp://www.snowsummit.com/ski/cams-pics-videos/live-web-cams/#during
the day?

I've tried several times and gotten various error messages. *New
machine/software which might be to blame, or they're just not running
the camera, or somebody hates me.

I don't recall ever getting the streamoing video to work there. The
still cameras work ok.

Another note - the San Gorgonio hikers report frost last weekend.
Old September 26th 11, 07:25 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

On 09/26/2011 07:49 AM, Richard Henry wrote:

On Sep 25, 11:33 pm, The Real wrote:
On 09/25/2011 10:41 AM, Richard Henry wrote:

Now 38 is closed:

http://www.dailybulletin.com/news/ci_18934508

If it ain't one thing it's another.

Can you see the streaming video athttp://www.snowsummit.com/ski/cams-pics-videos/live-web-cams/#during
the day?

I've tried several times and gotten various error messages. New
machine/software which might be to blame, or they're just not running
the camera, or somebody hates me.

I don't recall ever getting the streamoing video to work there. The
still cameras work ok.

I think they used flash before. Last year it worked, but it took a long
time for the initial load. OTOH, since they didn't have Chair 1
running, maybe they're switching the camera to chair 2. Or something
completely different.

Another note - the San Gorgonio hikers report frost last weekend.

Somebody posted a picture. The mountain was white-ish. Looked more
snow-like than frost-like.

Soon...

--
Cheers, Bev
I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock

Skiers in NC? bigsphinx Nordic Skiing 0 January 23rd 11 03:00 PM
Why no US skiers in TdS? Jeff Potter (of OutYourBackdoor.com) Nordic Skiing 12 January 10th 08 02:21 PM
Recommendations for mixed groups, skiers and non-skiers ? John Owens European Ski Resorts 0 July 11th 05 11:47 AM
Any metric where US skiers are "up there"? [email protected] Nordic Skiing 13 March 22nd 05 06:05 PM
Why don't more skiers use RSN? Jeff Potter Nordic Skiing 36 December 3rd 03 02:49 AM