Where to ski from Milan/Bergamo

Old November 10th 03, 05:38 PM
BrritSki

Default Where to ski from Milan/Bergamo

If I get flights to Milan/Bergamo, where is the nearest decent place to
ski for a long weekend for a mixed party, including 1 beginner whom we
want to be able to meet back up with at the end of lessons easily and
quickly ?
Old November 11th 03, 11:54 AM
Johannes

On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 18:38:40 +0000, BrritSki
wrote:

If I get flights to Milan/Bergamo, where is the nearest decent place to
ski for a long weekend for a mixed party, including 1 beginner whom we
want to be able to meet back up with at the end of lessons easily and
quickly ?

Depend on the transportation you use.

From Milan:
With Train is Airolo www.airolo.ch the best.

San Bernardino www.sanbernardino.ch (train and bus)

By Car:
Bosco Gurin
Disentis www.disentis.ch
Sedrun www.sedrun.ch the main area Dieni/Oberalp got all types of
slopes(imho good for a beginner). www.sedrunbergbahnen.ch
Disentis + Sedrun the Lukmanier Pass is nights closed.

from Bergamo:
For the resorts above you need more time.

The engadin www.skiengadin.ch
With car over the Maloya Pass. With train to Tirano and over the
Bernina Pass.

Johannes
Old November 11th 03, 12:07 PM
Michael MacClancy

wrote:

If I get flights to Milan/Bergamo, where is the nearest decent place to
ski for a long weekend for a mixed party, including 1 beginner whom we
want to be able to meet back up with at the end of lessons easily and
quickly ?

Depend on the transportation you use.

From Milan:
With Train is Airolo www.airolo.ch the best.

San Bernardino www.sanbernardino.ch (train and bus)

By Car:
Bosco Gurin
Disentis www.disentis.ch
Sedrun www.sedrun.ch the main area Dieni/Oberalp got all types of
slopes(imho good for a beginner). www.sedrunbergbahnen.ch
Disentis + Sedrun the Lukmanier Pass is nights closed.

from Bergamo:
For the resorts above you need more time.

The engadin www.skiengadin.ch
With car over the Maloya Pass. With train to Tirano and over the
Bernina Pass.

Johannes

Foppolo looks like the closest resort
(http://www.foppoloski.it/eng/info_eng.htm) but everything else is a long
way. You're better flying to Turin because places like Pila, La Thuile,
Courmayeur and Cervinia are all then reachable.
___
Michael MacClancy

Old November 11th 03, 12:20 PM
Ralf Langanke

Michael MacClancy wrote:

Foppolo looks like the closest resort
(http://www.foppoloski.it/eng/info_eng.htm) but everything else is a long
way. You're better flying to Turin because places like Pila, La Thuile,
Courmayeur and Cervinia are all then reachable.

You forgot Sestriere.

--
Ralf Langanke

http://www.slanganke.de

Old November 11th 03, 12:42 PM
Michael MacClancy

"Ralf Langanke" wrote in message
Michael MacClancy wrote:

Foppolo looks like the closest resort
(http://www.foppoloski.it/eng/info_eng.htm) but everything else is a

long
way. You're better flying to Turin because places like Pila, La Thuile,
Courmayeur and Cervinia are all then reachable.

You forgot Sestriere.

--
Ralf Langanke

Thanks, also forgot Sauze d'Oulx
___
Michael MacClancy

Old November 11th 03, 07:39 PM
PSmith

Foppolo! Its not very often that it gets a reference. I skied their back in
1985. I took a very late season cheapie from Thomson. It was one of their
last minute deals - I only knew that I was flying into Bergamo. I was
concerned that Thomson did not feature Bergamo in the brochu I later
found that it was in their School's brochure! The full board hotel (can't
recall its name) was on the piste, several yards from the base station. The
lifts all closed for 2 hours at lunch, but the skiing was good. I must look
it up to find out how the intervening years have changed the resort.

Paul

wrote:

If I get flights to Milan/Bergamo, where is the nearest decent place to
ski for a long weekend for a mixed party, including 1 beginner whom we
want to be able to meet back up with at the end of lessons easily and
quickly ?

Depend on the transportation you use.

From Milan: