$29 LIFT TICKETS

Old February 24th 12, 03:35 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

Default $29 LIFT TICKETS

At Snow Summit Feb 29.
Old February 24th 12, 04:20 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

On Feb 24, 8:35*am, Richard Henry wrote:
At Snow Summit Feb 29.

Yeah, but that's at Snow Summit. A crappy hill with ****ty snow skied
by psychopathic liars.
And snowboarders.
Exactly what you deserve, freak.
Old February 25th 12, 07:11 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

On 02/24/2012 08:35 AM, Richard Henry wrote:

At Snow Summit Feb 29.

So far my season ticket (bought March 17) has cost me $15/day, and it
will get better -- still at least a month to go. It won't look that
good next year because some of this year's skiing will be folded into
next year's pass. Or maybe not, if the weather warms up...

OTOH, the cost of gas swamps everything. $4.18 at the cheap Arco station.

--
Cheers, Bev
If I know that chaining yourself to a dead cow is stupid,
Old February 25th 12, 07:32 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Feb 25, 12:11*pm, The Real Bev wrote:
On 02/24/2012 08:35 AM, Richard Henry wrote:

At Snow Summit Feb 29.

So far my season ticket (bought March 17) has cost me $15/day, and it
will get better -- still at least a month to go. *It won't look that
good next year because some of this year's skiing will be folded into
next year's pass. *Or maybe not, if the weather warms up...

OTOH, the cost of gas swamps everything. $4.18 at the cheap Arco station.

--
Cheers, Bev
If I know that chaining yourself to a dead cow is stupid,
how come Carly makes so much more money than I do?

I think my next day will level out my season pass, as long as I don't
count the discounts and freebies I could have gotten if I were paying
better attention - Veteran's Day free, early season limited opening
discounts, and the early-departure voucher my son got that nasty day
in December.
Old February 25th 12, 08:37 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

On 02/25/2012 12:32 PM, Richard Henry wrote:

On Feb 25, 12:11 pm, The Real wrote:
On 02/24/2012 08:35 AM, Richard Henry wrote:

At Snow Summit Feb 29.

So far my season ticket (bought March 17) has cost me $15/day, and it
will get better -- still at least a month to go. It won't look that
good next year because some of this year's skiing will be folded into
next year's pass. Or maybe not, if the weather warms up...

OTOH, the cost of gas swamps everything. $4.18 at the cheap Arco station.

I think my next day will level out my season pass, as long as I don't
count the discounts and freebies I could have gotten if I were paying
better attention - Veteran's Day free, early season limited opening
discounts, and the early-departure voucher my son got that nasty day
in December.

$34 net for the senior getaway special. Not bad.

I think Jiffy-Lube is giving freebies with an oil change, but if you pay
full price for the oil change it works out about the same as the getaway
special. There's also a freebie with a Kia test drive, but I don't have
a local Kia dealer and my friends can drive for themselves if they want
to. When you make it clear that you don't want to waste their time by
accompanying you on a drive for the sole purpose of getting the lift
ticket, they generally give you the ticket without requiring the drive.
At least that's been my experience.

The very first time I took advantage of such an offer, it was a whole
book of buy-one-get-one-free for the local places, and we took the Jeep
ride together. That was definitely worth the trouble.

--
Cheers, Bev
Some people are like Slinkies... Not really good for