Good xc resort in the European Alps

Old January 18th 05, 07:34 AM

Default Good xc resort in the European Alps

could someone guide me to a good and charming xc place in European
alps? for high season

So far I've been looking at:
Seefeld - great XC tracks, but some pricy
http://www.hotelschoenegg.at/seefeld-winter.htm

St.morits - good XC tracks, but some pricy
anyone else? give web links

Old January 18th 05, 09:58 PM

I suggest Ramsau am Dachstein in Austria. I have copied the extract
below from a previous post. I think there are cheap flights from Oslo
to Salzburg. We stayed at the Knollhof which was excellent:
http://www.knollhof.at/

Tourist Board website link: http://www.ramsau.com/Englisch/index.htm

"Ramsau,

You can get there by train from Salzburg or Munich airport. Nearest
train station is Schladming and bus or taxi from there. The tourist
office in Ramsau also will arrange a taxi from Salzburg and try to fix
up a share or a return trip to cut the cost.

As for accommodation, again the tourist office were very helpful -
there are loads of places to stay at all prices and qualities.

Ski-ing - every level of track ski-ing from total beginner to
World-cup. Snow-sure as it is quite high and there is the glacier as
a back-up. Lots of instructors. First-rate ski-hire and they will
even wax your skis for you. The hotel we stayed in, let us use their
downhill-hire shop waxing room for serious waxing and allowed us free
run of all their tools.

Loads of cafes "mit Kaffee und Kuchen". Swimming-pool - don't know
what that was like as the ski-ing was too good to find out. Some
low-key downhill and snowboarding. Schladming is a major alpine
resort if you want a change.

Scenery - picturesque.

Drawbacks - very popular - don't go there for mountain solitude."
Alex

Old January 19th 05, 08:47 AM
beorn

could someone guide me to a good and charming xc place in European
alps? for high season

Italy:

You could ski in Lavazè, where also italian national athletes use to train:

http://www.valdifiemme.it/centrofondo.lavaze/

or Altopiano di Asiago, which is at the southern feet of Dolomites

http://www.centrofondoasiago.it/
http://www.centrofondogallio.com/

or Val di Fiemme, where Marcialonga takes place every year

http://www.valdifiemme.it/

(I guess links are in italian only :-/ but have a try...)

--
beorn
"You've got to learn to crawl