Ouch, need a wider board -JPMM

Old March 20th 04, 09:05 PM
JPMM

Default Ouch, need a wider board -JPMM

I recently had a painful toe drag experience which ended up in a
separated shoulder. My current board is 25cm at the waist and I have
a size 12 boot. My binding are set at 25/10 angle. I've seen
favorable reviews for the Burton Canyon. Can you recommend other wide
boards that will carve well and eliminate toe drag. I'm not into the
park/tricks and I'm 6'0" 190lbs.

Also any tips on finding a used board w/b appreciated.

Thanks
Old March 20th 04, 09:11 PM
Neil Gendzwill

JPMM wrote:
I recently had a painful toe drag experience which ended up in a
separated shoulder. My current board is 25cm at the waist and I have
a size 12 boot. My binding are set at 25/10 angle. I've seen
favorable reviews for the Burton Canyon. Can you recommend other wide
boards that will carve well and eliminate toe drag. I'm not into the
park/tricks and I'm 6'0" 190lbs.

Also any tips on finding a used board w/b appreciated.

Prior makes the MFR in wide and extra wide. Right now there's a
demo/used 168 extra wide on their site for $CDN380. It has a 27 cm
waist and is recommended for size 12+

See http://www.priorsnowboards.com/frame...ards_used.html

Old March 20th 04, 09:14 PM
Mike T

I recently had a painful toe drag experience which ended up in a
separated shoulder. My current board is 25cm at the waist and I have
a size 12 boot. My binding are set at 25/10 angle.

Sorry to hear about your separated shoulder! Take good care of it. I
would adree you need a wider board with those size feet.

I've seen
favorable reviews for the Burton Canyon. Can you recommend other wide
boards that will carve well and eliminate toe drag. I'm not into the
park/tricks and I'm 6'0" 190lbs.

Burton recently "recycled" the designation "Canyon" recently. The old
Canyon was a higher end board, essentially a wider version of the Custom.
The new Canyon is a middle tier board, essentially a wide Indie if I'm not
mistaken.

If you want something that carves well I recommend the Donek Wide or
Sasquatch or some of the wider, higher-end Salomon freeride boards (Used to
be W4 and W5, not sure of model names now).

Old March 21st 04, 12:23 PM
Dean

JPMM wrote:

Also any tips on finding a used board w/b appreciated.

What length and are you in the US?

Dean

Old March 21st 04, 06:42 PM
JPMM

Dean wrote in message ...
JPMM wrote:

Also any tips on finding a used board w/b appreciated.

What length and are you in the US?

Dean

I'm looking for something around 163.
Old March 22nd 04, 03:19 PM
TOOT

I'm not sure about 6'0" 190lbs. (kg? cm.)
but i'm riding an rad air worldwide 165

www.rad-air.com

nice board
i'm having a lot of fun with it.
90 kg 187 cm size 44 boots

"JPMM" schreef in bericht
om...

Old March 22nd 04, 03:25 PM
Dean

JPMM wrote:

Also any tips on finding a used board w/b appreciated.

What length and are you in the US?

I'm looking for something around 163.

Okay. I have a used K2 Fatbob 158, but that's shorter than you want.

Dean